Djemba Djemba on his United journey

Hellboy

French only sorry.

Some very nice anecdotes about CR7 who was his best friend, and losing Foé in the conf cup. Surprisingly nothing about Rooney :

He also - surprisingly - thinks he left a mark on the club, recalling an episode when the fans clapped him at OT a few months ago.

MadMike

Holy shit, I was thinking about him today too. Mentioned him to @Zebs earlier.

Don't know about the club, but he left an impression on me at least. Not a great one sadly

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not surprising that he thinks he left a mark. Who here doesn't remember Djemba-Djemba, the man so good they named him twice. Scored a winner against Leeds, ultimately wasn't good enough to fill Keane's boots (who would have thought?).

Not a very good signing but not bad like some other midfield purchases in the late SAF era.

I doubt there are many players with under 20 league appearances for United that get as many mentions on here.

Josep Dowling

It's not surprising that he thinks he left a mark. Who here doesn't remember Djemba-Djemba, the man so good they named him twice. Scored a winner against Leeds, ultimately wasn't good enough to fill Keane's boots (who would have thought?).

Not a very good signing but not bad like some other midfield purchases in the late SAF era.

I doubt there are many players with under 20 league appearances for United that get as many mentions on here.
Let’s be honest though we only remember him because of his alliterative name.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I don't understand French but I've had this playing in the background for 15 minutes. He may have been a bit shit on the pitch, but he's soothing to listen to. :)

GuyfromAustria

He saw a lot of the world, that's for sure ... clubs in France, England, Qatar, Denmark, Israel, Serbia, Scotland, India, Indonesia and an international career with Cameroon.

Chairman Steve

I still remember that looping goal against Leeds he did, but nothing else other that distinct name. He sure had a nomadic career.

I always thought that vicks vapo rub on the jerseys looked sick. Like phlegm or something worse :lol:
Vieira used to do that at Arsenal and I joked with people saying Patrick Vieira blows his nose as a pre-match ritual and then pointed to that Vick chest rub mark :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Cant believe he was still playing! Happy retirement Eric!

Apokalips

I still remember that looping goal against Leeds he did, but nothing else other that distinct name. He sure had a nomadic career.

Vieira used to do that at Arsenal and I joked with people saying Patrick Vieira blows his nose as a pre-match ritual and then pointed to that Vick chest rub mark :lol:
I used to joke that the Arsenal players were doing something much worse than blowing their noses on each other's shirts... :wenger:

Grande

I remember very well because he was mn of the match in the Charity Shields game, and for a little while I and a few others were convinced he was the best buy we’d made that season … I guess, his first impression, like his name, came back to bite itself in the arse, and his career only took one direction after that.

He remember him with good vibes, though.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Retiring at 40, well done to Eric to keep it going so long, thats an example for Ronnie to follow

SirAF

Ageist
He had a great debut! Shame he never really kicked on and established himself.

Dempsey19

Was only speaking about him last night.

Will always remember that volley from a corner and then the random dance by the corner flag :lol:

krazyrobus

That debut against Vierra, the creative dink balls, you thought he was a legend in the making. :lol:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Was he signed during the period where we had absolute duds in the likes of bellion, obertan etc?

Lemansky

I am the proud owner of an Djemba-Djemba shirt. Was ecstatic when we signed him.

Nick7

Was he signed during the period where we had absolute duds in the likes of bellion, obertan etc?
Bellion, yea. They were both signed in 03. Obertan joined in 09. We always signed young cheap players like them under Fergie.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was good for the first few games I recall. Wasn’t the same after the AFCON

RetroStu

Ronnie won’t retire until he’s 42/43.
I actually agree, and i think thats another target for him, to become the oldest outfield player still playing at the top level.
Of course it doesnt mean that will be for us. I hope it is though if he's still bringing the goods.