Do Brazil dance too much? Never gonna dance again

the_cliff

Well, considering they're the elite of football, have 5 world cups to their name, constantly produce talent after talent and make football enjoyable to watch they can do whatever the feck they want.

Including doing a 360 pirouette in the middle of a game....

Real Name

Where's the time when players would celebrate with a single jump and a clenched fist in the air or would make a wee run with a raised hand in joy.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
It should be encouraged. These Brazilians are living their dream, from nothing, they are playing at the WC and its all part of their culture.

Why do Europeans think their way is the right way all the time? We need to appreciate other cultures and embrace them, which is what the WC is about.

Celebrating goals and dancing is what I want to see at the WC.
Why do you asume is only europeans? that's kinda stereotyping, and it is mostly british posters here complaining...not europeans overall.

I'm not european neither british, and i was never a fan of the brazilians dancing either, i always found it a bit cringe though, but they can keep doing, it it's their way to celebrate goals just as Griezmann and his Fortnite dance or the cringe dances Pogba does.

Last edited:

romufc

Why do you asume is only europeans? that's kinda stereotyping.

I'm not european, and i was never a fan of the brazilians dancing either, i always found it a bit cringe though, but they can keep doing, it it's their way to celebrate goals.
I am not assuming, most of the backlash I have seen is from European media, mainly British, so I can only comment on what I have seen.

We can talk about Brazil but they are not the only ones, alot of countries celebrate with a dance. Roy Keane called it embarrassing and disrespect, which is a joke really.

Football is an entertainment sport, fans want to see entertainment, this is the knockout stage of a World Cup, a dream for most players to play let alone score, so they should be celebrating how they see fit.

phelans shorts

I am not assuming, most of the backlash I have seen is from European media, mainly British, so I can only comment on what I have seen.

We can talk about Brazil but they are not the only ones, alot of countries celebrate with a dance. Roy Keane called it embarrassing and disrespect, which is a joke really.

Football is an entertainment sport, fans want to see entertainment, this is the knockout stage of a World Cup, a dream for most players to play let alone score, so they should be celebrating how they see fit.
This only happened if you completely ignore the point he actually made by taking it out of context. He was right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Couldn't care less how they celebrate tbh.

If anything it'll be even better once VAR overturn some of these goals and they've just finished a 5 minute routine :lol:

Spoony

The People's President
]
It should be encouraged. These Brazilians are living their dream, from nothing, they are playing at the WC and its all part of their culture.

Why do Europeans think their way is the right way all the time? We need to appreciate other cultures and embrace them, which is what the WC is about.

Celebrating goals and dancing is what I want to see at the WC.
It's like watching Strictly... to see a game football. Let's be honest here we're talking properly shite dancing celebrations. Where did this myth of Brazilian dancing originate?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Well, british pundits then... that's it.

Also many argentinian pundits were never a fan of brazilians dancing after scoring either, this is not news.

Anyways, brazilians can keep doing their dance, i find it cringe, but it's their way to celebrate goals.

Spoony

The People's President
I wonder what Zico thinks of these binary gender celebrations. He knew how to celebrate.

Are we human...

Spoony

The People's President
Knowing Zico's football brain, he's probably calculating curled trajectory for humanity mission to Earth 2.0.
He, Socrates and Eder were box-office to watch. 82 was the last time Brazil played like Brazil. But even the Samba Kings didn't go all Strictly. A part of their culture indeed.

Belisarius

Where's the time when players would celebrate with a single jump and a clenched fist in the air or would make a wee run with a raised hand in joy.
I think it was Kawhi Leonard the basketball player who when asked why his celebrations were very muted said "I try and act like I've been there before."

These dance celebrations make me want to change the channel on the tv without watching a replay of the goal they are so cringe-worthy.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He, Socrates and Eder were box-office to watch. 82 was the last time Brazil played like Brazil. But even the Samba Kings didn't go all Strictly. A part of their culture indeed.
Doctor Socrates was as cool as George Best, definitely cooler than JFK. Whole world's sport combined with Globetrotters got nothing on them in their time.

Lecland07

Whilst people say it is a part of their culture, I don't remember them doing this much dancing in previous world cups, including 2002.

They have definitely increased the amount they are doing. They even did two for one goal.

romufc

]

It's like watching Strictly... to see a game football. Let's be honest here we're talking properly shite dancing celebrations. Where did this myth of Brazilian dancing originate?
Its not though... Strictly is a dancing platform, this is just people who love to dance enjoy their goals. Its not a myth, go back to any world cup.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Is it just showing off?

These Brazilians forget that not everyone can play football and dance. Maybe they need to have a little respect for the rhythmically challenged.

romufc

Did you actually listen to what Keane said?
Yes, and I will give you the transcript.

“I can’t believe what I’m watching. It’s obviously brilliant from Brazil, but South Korea, my goodness. I’ve never seen so much dancing, it’s like watching Strictly!”

“I don't like this. People say it's their culture. But I think that's really disrespecting the opposition. It's four goals, and they are doing it every time".

This is the World cup, knock out stages.

Does that mean scoring 2/3 goals is disrespectful to the opponent? Maybe they should have scored 1 and said lets park the bus now.

Spoony

The People's President
Its not though... Strictly is a dancing platform, this is just people who love to dance enjoy their goals. Its not a myth, go back to any world cup.

I have. I've been watching WCs since 82. I think it's a new thing. By new I mean since last week.

captaincantona

Yeah fair play to them for their confidence and arrogance…and if some team comes back and stuffs them…it may be a bit embarrassing for them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
CRINGE Brazil’s ‘arrogant, cocky’ celebrations against South Korea ‘one of the most embarrassing things at a World Cup’, insists ex-Chelsea man Jason Cundy, but manager Tite insists there was ‘no disrespect’

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
There should be no problem with them dancing right now. It’s the month of De-Samba, afterall.

shaky

I'd save the dancing until the end. Didn't Pogba go through a whole repertoire after scoring in the Euros, only to look like a mug after they got knocked out.