Do the fans actually trust ETH or is he walking the Green Mile?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Some comments posted after the FA Cup game makes me think that whilst some do there's a fair old few who don't

He's fecking naive
It's reductive to blame Ten Hag
This is squarely on ETH
Erik seems to be taking a lot of shit for some of his recent selections
People can not wait to jump on ETH for this
I don't blame ETH, that’s madness. He picked a team to win

Abraxas

Just a few know it alls, I think. We could win a cup and you'd get someone saying ETH has peaked too early.

I don't know how you can be anything other than happy with tonight. Not a hard one for the players. Nothing you can do about picking up injuries unfortunately. That's the game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I think he was the best appointment we've had since SAF and my impression of him is only getting better. 100% behind him.

December_16

Moaners gonna moan, what’s new? We could have SAF managing prime Barca 2009 and some will still find a way to whine. Whatever.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some will just moan regardless of who’s in charge. The majority back him

Gazza

It’s a discussion forum and people post in the heat of the moment. No different under Fergie - people questioned some of his decisions (and in some cases would have had a case) right to the end. I think the fans trust EtH.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Some comments posted after the FA Cup game makes me think that whilst some do there's a fair old few who don't

He's fecking naive
This is squarely on ETH
This is a public forum, and there would be many different people with different opinions. But ultimately I understand we all want the best for the club.

Blood Mage

I think it's reasonable to have concerns about his reluctance to rotate since Ajax fans, generally a knowledgeable bunch, also complained about it.

I think the amount of games Eriksen has played despite being over 30 with a heart condition is crazy.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think it's healthy to question your manager, no manager always gets everything right.
But in general I'd be amazed if your lot weren't happy with him/trusting the job he's doing, he's been brilliant.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I think it's healthy to question your manager, no manager always gets everything right.
But in general I'd be amazed if your lot weren't happy with him/trusting the job he's doing, he's been brilliant.
I don't disagree, he's made a couple of decisions I think were mistakes but today we won comfortably and there was a squad rotation and he still gets stick, so sometimes I wonder!

TsuWave

The overall consensus is that people are behind him, but managers aren't infallible and can make mistakes and people should voice their concerns and criticisms. It's a forum after all.

SATA

I don’t know if other clubs have them, but I genuinely think we have the most whinging and annoyed feckers of a fanbase in the world. Perhaps it’s an entitlement or something

klsv

I have nothing against people moaning a bit after a loss or discussing what they'd do differently. Point of the forum, really. It gets odd when people see the starting line-up and start saying how Ten Hag is a naive twat who is mismanaging the squad because he doesn't know how tough English football is.

foolsgold

It's an incomplete question, trust him to do what ?

To coach the first team, to get the best of of some players and bring some structure to our game? Absolutely.

Does this extend to unlimited trust in every single area of club operations? No. As an example I'm not supportive of giving complete control of our transfer strategy to a single person / coach.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I think a lot of people reacted to the Eriksen injury. We don't have the required players in midfield and given our run of fixtures it may be a big blow. But overall I think it's just momentary ire rather than actual misgivings about ETH. He has been the first proper manager we have had since SAF. No one can deny that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Seriously, what is there not to like? And we already knew that he likes starting his first XI too much

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
As football fans, whether at the game, in the pub or watching from home, will always have their own views and think they would make better decisions than the manager. Its part of what makes it great, we are all experts based on nothing apart from most playing at a terrible level and watching the game.

I'm happy he went full strength last night, far too much is made of resting players these days, most of them won't play for a week they are super fit and it was a 90 minute stroll against Reading. I trust him as he has brought some excitement for the first time in a decade. Haven't looked forward to going to games in many a year.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I believe the majority trust him implicitly after his start to life here. Those that are blaming and criticising him, are utterly clueless and have played too much football manager.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

He's fecking naive
This is squarely on ETH
Fans sharing opinions. That's what forums are created in the first place.

We all know that ETH is doing a great job. That doesn't mean that we agree with every decision. He is our manager not the dear leader

Telsim

I don't support or trust anyone blindly, and I have to say I find the utter devotion to him by some off-putting. It reminds me of the absolutely fanatic Ole zealots that were going around back in the day. Even the greatest managers have shortcomings and it's fair to discuss them. And Ten Hag has a long way to go before he joins those ranks. That doesn't mean I want him sacked immediately ffs. He was my first choice for manager.

Smores

I'd be surprised if we had a single fan who doesn't trust in ETH right now.

Let's stop this nonsense loyalty police before it even starts eh. Half the cnuts who tried to enforce only positive comments under Ole looked like right mugs in the end. They were far more annoying than those with complaints as well.

Being able to discuss the good and bad (they'll be some under every manager) is natural. If you don't have your own views as a football fan than not sure why you'd ever be passionate about it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not everyone has to cheer and applaud every decision the managers and the club make like some top red lunatics. If you want that kind of forum you’re free to join RAWK.

Just accept that people have different opinions. Doesn’t for one moment mean they don’t want the manager to succeed. Leave this idiotic victim complex to the fans of certain other clubs.

Bondi77

He is doing a stellar job at the moment but no one gets it right all the time.
I am a big fan :)

JustKatie

I do massively.
Look at where we were to where we are.
Two of his signings have been stellar so far.
The results have been better and we seem to be picking up some decent form in general.

Remember when we DREW a game under Ferguson? People would be calling for his head.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think so. People used to complain about Fergie’s line ups all the time and you wouldn’t find a single soul that would’ve wanted him gone.

kidbob

I think it's reasonable to have concerns about his reluctance to rotate since Ajax fans, generally a knowledgeable bunch, also complained about it.

I think the amount of games Eriksen has played despite being over 30 with a heart condition is crazy.
The thing is he does actually rotate when he feels he has the players. I think you can now trust that Malacia, AWB, Garnacho and Fred have probably proven themselves to be proper rotation players for him. Maybe he is still unsure of the others, or has no hope for them and is waiting for able replacements. For instance I reckon if FDJ was, somehow, signed in the summer then he'd have no issue using Eriksen regularly in place of Bruno or FDJ.
What it seems more to me is that he likes having his first 11 to go out and do a good job and then use the lead to rotate. I suppose its up to our bench players to show him they can be trusted to start. I thought AWB was finished here but now reckon that ETH would have no problem starting him in games against mid-tier opposition even if Dalot is fit.

Not to say I always agree with him. I think Cas should never have played against Palace, for instance, but I guess his plan is that eventually the squad will be better and long term he won't have to play in that situation. Fans would have slated him if he started McTominay (Fred was also 1 yellow away from suspension) and we had lost the game.

On Eriksen, midfield is our biggest issue in terms of rotation. He trusts Fred and that's it I think. We have also lost DVB. Its why I really hope Hannibal and Mainoo can progress quickly (think they both have the talent) and perhaps become trusted options for next year. I think the plan was FDJ and Eriksen as a back up to him and Bruno but we missed out unfortunately.

With Wout in I reckon if Martial stays fit and Sancho comes back we'll see a lot more rotation in the front line too.

Mr Smith

You can trust a manager to get it right overall and still criticise some decisions. I personally feel he is not rotating enough and players are going to burn out at crucial points in the season, but I still trust the overall direction he is taking the team. These two things can be true at once.

Same as I trusted SAF when he was in charge but still lamented his apparent blind spots when it came to, for instance, failing to reinvest in our midfield.

Baneofthegame

The thing is he does actually rotate when he feels he has the players. I think you can now trust that Malacia, AWB, Garnacho and Fred have probably proven themselves to be proper rotation players for him. Maybe he is still unsure of the others, or has no hope for them and is waiting for able replacements. For instance I reckon if FDJ was, somehow, signed in the summer then he'd have no issue using Eriksen regularly in place of Bruno or FDJ.
What it seems more to me is that he likes having his first 11 to go out and do a good job and then use the lead to rotate. I suppose its up to our bench players to show him they can be trusted to start. I thought AWB was finished here but now reckon that ETH would have no problem starting him in games against mid-tier opposition even if Dalot is fit.

Not to say I always agree with him. I think Cas should never have played against Palace, for instance, but I guess his plan is that eventually the squad will be better and long term he won't have to play in that situation. Fans would have slated him if he started McTominay (Fred was also 1 yellow away from suspension) and we had lost the game.

On Eriksen, midfield is our biggest issue in terms of rotation. He trusts Fred and that's it I think. We have also lost DVB. Its why I really hope Hannibal and Mainoo can progress quickly (think they both have the talent) and perhaps become trusted options for next year. I think the plan was FDJ and Eriksen as a back up to him and Bruno but we missed out unfortunately.

With Wout in I reckon if Martial stays fit and Sancho comes back we'll see a lot more rotation in the front line too.
Good post, I was thinking our options to rotate are fairly slim in midfield compared to the rest of the pitch.

Our options are Fred, McSauce and DVB (injured) and that's it essentially.

bringbackbebe

What's not to trust? He speaks what he means and you can (quite literally) see through his head.

Forum's full of smart people. There'll always be posts that are meaningless and stupid while also having rapid swings of opinion in opposite directions. We've gone from burn Wan Bissaka and bury Rashford to repeatedly posting they're the best in their position.

Trend is clear to see.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
From the outside looking in. I think they are just loyalists.. Mourinho, Ole, CR7...even fecking Ragnick.

wolvored

TH does rotate where he has a bit of decent strength in depth. Look at the back 2. MaDoes De Gea need a rest? Have we the stre gth in depth in midfield or up top?
If we get another 4 or 5 players in, in the summer, tgen if he still doesnt rotate I think you have an argument for it.

Seveneric

Fans complain all the time. If people were questioning Fergie up until his last game here, then who’s ETH for him to be exempt?

Withnail

Is this based on anything scientific or any knowledge you have about his condition specifically or are you making assumptions?

Eriksen wouldn't have been given the go ahead to come back to football and we wouldn't have signed him if those types of concerns were valid. From what I've read the risk for someone who's been fitted with an ICD is minimal. I'm not even sure he has a heart condition. Things like this can be one-off events triggered by an infection, for example.
Do you really think he and the club are putting his life at risk?

As for the OP, we had our second string backline out there so I don't think we could have rotated too much and certainly not in midfield. Once the victory was secure he hauled everyone off and we shouldn't have to go full as strength next game either.

As it Keane and Wright were saying after the game, the games are coming so quickly there players won't be training much at all so they do need minutes on the pitch to keep them ticking over and as results are going well ten Hag will wake to keep the momentum going.

I’m loving my life

Some people are determined not to get any joy from following football. If they can identify a way to moan they will do so and the manager is an easy target.