Do the fans actually trust ETH or is he walking the Green Mile?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think it's reasonable to have concerns about his reluctance to rotate since Ajax fans, generally a knowledgeable bunch, also complained about it.

I think the amount of games Eriksen has played despite being over 30 with a heart condition is crazy.
He’s been cleared by the doctors to play. There is no reason he can’t

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Some people cant separate real life and Football Manager these days.

I know it's a cliché statement, but it's actually true.
It's easy to throw a bunch a kids in a game, it's easy to change a full 11, it's easy to integrate a new player with instant success.
The game is marketed as this super realistic management game, but it's far from it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think the majority do. A lot of people just like to moan for the sake of it. Because we’re winning there’s not much to complain about so people have to find small things.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Some people cant separate real life and Football Manager these days.

I know it's a cliché statement, but it's actually true.
It's easy to throw a bunch a kids in a game, it's easy to change a full 11, it's easy to integrate a new player with instant success.
The game is marketed as this super realistic management game, but it's far from it.
The thing with changing a full team is they’ll have no rhythm or patterns of play. Change a few players yes but we want to keep the rhythm and winning formula.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I actually like us with reduced rotation. We could come away with a bloody treble in our first season with him and comfy Cl qualification.

sugar_kane

I'd be surprised if we had a single fan who doesn't trust in ETH right now.

Let's stop this nonsense loyalty police before it even starts eh. Half the cnuts who tried to enforce only positive comments under Ole looked like right mugs in the end. They were far more annoying than those with complaints as well.

Being able to discuss the good and bad (they'll be some under every manager) is natural. If you don't have your own views as a football fan than not sure why you'd ever be passionate about it.
Agreed on your first point, Ten Hag has the support of all sane United fans.

Not sure I agree on the Ole point, and I’ve seen that said quite a number of times on here.

Rangnick fanboys and Ole inners are a very different breed. The latter mostly were just hardcore United fans who wanted to see a United legend succeed, no one truly believed he was a top manager.

cyberman

As football fans, whether at the game, in the pub or watching from home, will always have their own views and think they would make better decisions than the manager. Its part of what makes it great, we are all experts based on nothing apart from most playing at a terrible level and watching the game.

I'm happy he went full strength last night, far too much is made of resting players these days, most of them won't play for a week they are super fit and it was a 90 minute stroll against Reading. I trust him as he has brought some excitement for the first time in a decade. Haven't looked forward to going to games in many a year.
Was it full strength? Arguably 5 players who started last night aren’t starters for us in a full strength team

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Some comments posted after the FA Cup game makes me think that whilst some do there's a fair old few who don't

He's fecking naive
It's reductive to blame Ten Hag
This is squarely on ETH
Erik seems to be taking a lot of shit for some of his recent selections
People can not wait to jump on ETH for this
I don't blame ETH, that’s madness. He picked a team to win
Hate to break if to you, but there's a large number on here that are fecking stupid. My 7yr old has a greater control of her emotions.

sugar_kane

Also if this thread were to have a poll, it would be 95% in favour of ETH. It would also be a useful way of rooting out the 12 year old trolls by looking at who voted no.

The only person to blame for Eriksen’s injury is Andy Carroll.

Apart from that, we needed to play full strength yesterday because we don’t have a PL game for another week, they need to stay match sharp. You can guarantee most of last nights eleven won’t start on Wednesday.

dutchred

I think people need to understand that he always wants to win so he tries always to pick the best team to do that. He is also restricted by the lack of depth in our squad. You see that he is gradually introducing young players with ability (Garnacho, Mainoo).

Sir Erik ten Hag

Rangnick fanboys and Ole inners are a very different breed. The latter mostly were just hardcore United fans who wanted to see a United legend succeed, no one truly believed he was a top manager.
The Whoop Whoop threads spring back to my mind immediately. :lol:

AndySmith1990

It's just the same old moaning because he didn't choose the same players as they'd choose if they were playing FM. Gotta rotate a new 11 every match to keep everyone 100% fit for the entire season... Best left ignored. He's obviously doing an excellent job with the squad he has and any sensible person will trust his judgement. Of course he'll get it wrong occasionally, because that's part of being human

Swedish_Plumber

I don’t understand why some don’t seem to realise our squad depth is lacking and that hinders his choice of rotation is some areas.

When Casemiro came off we looked exposed a few times against 10 man Reading for feck sake.

The improvement in terms of on pitch play and control of the game has gone up massively. He’s the right man for us, he just needs backed with a squad he can trust.

Acquire Me

I trust him. People who don’t are the ones who love negativity. It was the same under SAF, just less social media shit.

Stu Pearson

Something I always said about SAF is trust the manager. ETH is doing a good job better than I thought would happen at this stage of his tenure.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The thing with changing a full team is they’ll have no rhythm or patterns of play. Change a few players yes but we want to keep the rhythm and winning formula.
Well ETH did change a few players, so then I don't see what the problem is?

cyril C

No, he is managing the Club like Ajax or Brighton, instead of a major EPL club that is expected to be involved in multiple competition. Rotation is a MUST, eventhough some players are irreplaceable.

RepardReece

The fact this question is a debate is ludicrous. 11 wins on the bounce at home. Really can't win these days

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Fans still don't trust this team, and won't until they win the title or the CL. Even then, until the moment it actually happens, the fans will be on edge. Could be 10 points clear and they'll be waiting for it to fall apart.

Vapor trail

It's something that seems to only resemble a fraction of the online community. In reality most fans I've heard are fully behind the manager. He's already exceeded expectations, this team still has a multitude of positions that needs strengthening.

RedIan

Hes doing an amazing job, transformed our pitifil bunch of last season (cant call them a team) into a really good team who are winning a lot of matches.
There are plenty of armchair managers on here who always know better and love to moan about anything and everything.

The Erikson injury is feck all to do with him playing every game but a two footed dangerous tackle by that useless great lump Carroll.
ETH knows the back up players are not yet good enough. Would you prefer more rotation with more games lost or keep on winning With a core group who get rested when ETH thinks they need it.

we are lucky to have ETH.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I suppose there are fans still suffering from PTSD acquired from having to sit through years of mismanagement.

The future seems brighter now and we’re not talking about “turning corners” or “false dawns”, which is a good sign, as it shows that we’re sustainably progressing

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You can't introduce a whole new footballing philosophy and rotate heavily. Eriksen is obviously monitored by doctors.

At times the football forums are no better than youtube comments. I suppose it's the result of good marketing.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He’s been incredible for us so far. Let’s not forget this is an ownership and network of staff that’s lagged behind the other big clubs and made things actively more difficult for (albeit not good enough) previous managers.

is he perfect? Of course not. Rotation is a must here with our schedule and the ferocity of the PL. I can only assume it’s not the case at Ajax. He will learn, but we probably will be wrecked for the run in.

florisW

Supports
Ajax
I don't disagree, he's made a couple of decisions I think were mistakes but today we won comfortably and there was a squad rotation and he still gets stick, so sometimes I wonder!
I heave heard that to make mistakes is to be human. Even SAF made mistakes (*hides)

simplyared

The caf would be a boring place to be if everyone went along with the managers decisions. I personally haven't questioned him over yesterday's game. However making all those substitutions when the game was definately not over the line was bold to say the least. Could well have cost him!
Do city fans trust Pep? Doubtful I would say regarding past team selections in some important games.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Anyone who isn't buying into the way he's completely turning the club around isn't really worth listening to. I honestly don't know what more he could've done - multiple players in their best form for years, controlling games, the new signings have been very good, we're harder to beat, still in 4 competitions, on the cusp of a final, blooding youngsters. And he's dealt with the big issues (Ronaldo, Maguire, etc) really well.

What have the Romans done for us?!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I trust Erik implicitly. He has made all the right calls. He knows what he is doing and has the support of his back room team and coaches. He will lead us to glory, and anybody griping or apportioning blame will look very silly soon.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Ah yes, 'trust', one of the newer cliches to emerge.

Of course most fans are behind him but he has this condition that'll cause him to make some mistakes...he's human. Thing is, he'll undoubtedly make fewer mistakes than most other managers which is one reason he's so highly regarded. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course but an exception should be made for those saying they 'don't trust him'.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Some of the fans on here are clueless. ETH is doing a very good job, and has earned our trust thus far.