Do we need any Larsson type players?

Ibnu Ramli

Legend
Somehow we're not signing anyone yet.

Maybe it's the Board or it's just Ole waiting for the 'right type of player'.

Meanwhile, should we sign any Larsson type players? These are the experienced, older players but still have the fight in them.
And can make a difference in a match even though when being used infrequently.

Their transfer fees are usually not high, and some can even come on free transfers.

With these type of players, we will not have to worry if they're hindering the development of the younger players because they're usually on short term contracts anyway.
Plus they have a lot of experience to share not only on the field but also off it.

Who would you pick? Keisuke Honda offered himself to us once but now he's coach of Cambodia :).

Examples of these players we have signed : Henrik Larsson (duh), Michael Owen, Laurent Blanc (if you can count him).

Lynty

Won't happen.
But I'd still take Modric on a short term. 34 and contract is expiring in the summer.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
There are FCUKLOADS of players that we could sign to assist the club and for an 18 month period.

Off the top of my head, and a very sh1te, if easily understandable example: Someone like Santi Cazorla at what 36 years old would walk into our midfield every few games and have a positive impact on Fred, McTominay, Gomes.

We have a huge gap in the squad for players that will come in and give the young kids a model to follow.

Sadly, any player we went after would want ridiculous wages because our recruitment structure is monumentally fcuked.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Larsson loan seriously has to be the most overrated loan in history.
6 weeks, 3 goals. Including one on his debut, and one to seal a CL knockout tie. For such a short period of time he had a real impact.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
6 weeks, 3 goals. Including one on his debut, and one to seal a CL knockout tie. For such a short period of time he had a real impact.
13 games, 905 minutes, 3 goals. Fair enough he scored in the CL to give us the win on the night. His only league goal was the third goal in a 4-0 win. Struggling to see how 300+ minutes per goal for a CF is 'he had a real impact'.

He was okay, nothing more, but gets talked about as if he was a messiah that salvaged the season. I loved him as a player but as I said, his time here was massively overrated.

thepolice123

13 games, 905 minutes, 3 goals. Fair enough he scored in the CL to give us the win on the night. His only league goal was the third goal in a 4-0 win. Struggling to see how 300+ minutes per goal for a CF is 'he had a real impact'.

He was okay, nothing more, but gets talked about as if he was a messiah that salvaged the season. I loved him as a player but as I said, his time here was massively overrated.
Was Larsson even held in that regard here? We really missed him in the second half of that season when Saha got injured though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Goals aren‘t what he was remembered for though. His all round game was excellent, he showed so much intelligence and brought invaluable experience to a young squad. He actually played quite deep and linked the midfield and attack so well at a time we didn’t really have that sort of player.

binary bot
I'd take basically any decent striker on a short term loan/contract right now. There's no risk at all.