Do we want to lose to City?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Hope the mods can make a poll.

A loss to Shitty could probably cost us a top 4 spot, but also likely prevents the dippers from winning the league.

I am deeply conflicted, can't decide if I want shitty to beat us 1-0 or properly thump us so it helps their goal difference.

Opinions?

Sir Scott McToMinay

There’s “want” and there’s “need”, but to answer your question, we’ll probably have to, and I’m fine with that.
I hope the players and the manager are in the know, have to make sure the club knows what we expect them to do.
Make it blatant too if needed.
We don’t want any game raising nonsense from you lads.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Top 4 is more important than us picking between 2 rivals to win the league, we have to go for the win.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Actually, I'd say my answer is pending City first winning against Spurs on Saturday.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If City have a 3 point lead going into the game, no.

If they don't (99.9 % likely outcome), then yes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Top 4 is more important than us picking between 2 rivals to win the league, we have to go for the win.
I don't see us getting top 4 win or lose against City. We're not good enough.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ask again after the Everton match. If we lose that one and Arsenal and Spurs win their next match then we're out of contention anyways.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Depends on Pool's results, might settle for a draw. Problem is I think we're too strong for City.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
People saying no = 'I care more about Liverpool losing than United winning'

We're still in a top 4 race. Bollocks to Liverpool. Sort yourselves out.

RoyH1

Nope. Never, ever lose to them and that bald bastard.

Klopp will find a way to bottle it with Liverpool even without us giving a hand.

stepic

Anyone wanting us to lose to City needs to get their fecking heads checked. Pathetic.

Eddy_JukeZ

We might lose anyways.

We've been pretty bad at OT against City lately.

Reddy Rederson

Yes, if you’re a blue nosed cnut hiding your club loyalty. feck top 4, have some god damned pride in your club that should always be trying to win everything. Wanting us to lose to spite Liverpool is about as small time, petty and bitter as it gets.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
There’s “want” and there’s “need”, but to answer your question, we’ll probably have to, and I’m fine with that.
I hope the players and the manager are in the know, have to make sure the club knows what we expect them to do.
Make it blatant too if needed.
We don’t want any game raising nonsense from you lads.
How many Mancunians do we have in the squad that give a feck? Rashford? Pogba (I just got a strain stretching there)?

They'll want to try and make top 4, and take down the better team in Manchester down a notch. Will they be able to, is the question.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Yes, if you’re a blue nosed cnut hiding your club loyalty. feck top 4, have some god damned pride in your club that should always be trying to win everything. Wanting us to lose to spite Liverpool is about as small time, petty and bitter as it gets.
Exactly, feck top 4.
Rather focus on the league next season and give the young lads a great opportunity in the EL.
Rather that than seeing Liverpool win the league for the mighty delight of getting battered by some Spanish team again in the CL.
This team isn’t there yet, let it evolve organically, top 4 race is an insult for Manchester United, we either win the league or we don’t, that’s all there is to it.
We’re not Arsenal.

Havak

Pokemon master
If it means we finish fourth and Man City wins the title.

Otherwise, I want us to win regardless because I fear for us making top four at the moment.

lsd

The Oracle
No us winning against won't be the reason Liverpool win the league .

Irrational.

It's for the greater good. A small price to pay to avoid a long summer of phlegmy Scousers gozzing about their first league title in donkeys.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Let's see. In relatively recent times, we've had posters explain that it's better for us to lose if it means getting rid of Moyes/ LVG/ Mourinho, showing the board how shit our players are and now preventing Liverpool from winning the title. Ye boys let me know when it's ok to start shouting for a United victory again. Life used to be simpler.

BlueHaze

We are going to lose either way so what's the point of this thread? :lol: