Do we want to lose to City?

Kapardin

Oh believe me, I know this is the worst outcome. Of course I prefer City winning it over Liverpool. The cringefest for the next 6 months will be unbearable, Klopp will be hailed as the scouse Jesus equal to SAF, Henderson will be hailed as the greatest midfielder this country ever seen and Salah will be the GOAT. Souness and Carragher and all of them will be a nightmare to listen to. Sky and BT will come out with cringe montages of team of the century bulshit. I know what's at stake.

But, having said that, if we do end up winning or drawing, I can definitely enjoy city's meltdown. Bit of revenge for Aguerooo.

We're at a unique situation here. No matter what happens, we take the title from one of our two biggest rivals while giving it to the other.
Honestly don't consider City as big a rival as Liverpool. Latter are in a league of their own in terms of rivalry with us.

Red00012

Win / draw and we celebrate killing city's title challenge and basically finishing their season today (except their routine fa cup vs Watford win).
Handing the title to liverpool will suck, but I'll enjoy seeing Pep's miserable face together with his players realizing their season is over. Add that to Spurs knocking them out from the CL will make their season a massive failure.
Klopp’s rejected face over Pep’s any day of the week and his hands over his head clapping another year without the league.

Minimalist

I'll happily admit I really don't care about losing tonight. And that is primarily because of Liverpool.

Secondary reasons being I expect us to lose (City are just too good) and I feel like our season is limping to the end now.

Paul_Scholes18

Klopp’s rejected face over Pep’s any day of the week and his hands over his head clapping another year without the league.
Let's hope they can take turns in giving the title away and then Liverpool will end it with a 0-1 against Wolves after Van Dijk slipping!

Biffo666

Supports
Oldham Athletic
Hang your heads in shame all those wanting United to lose a derby when CL place is at stake. I fully get top 4 doesn’t matter to many but it will to finances to rebuild. So many bitter fans who are so anti-Glazier and Liverpool that they have lost their sanity - its a game ffs - support your team through thick and thin and show respect for a better team rather than being destroyed from within by bitterness. Time to give up when you want your bitter rivals to beat you over a bragging contest who has won the mist titles ffs ! Get a grip

Last edited by a moderator:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You’re kidding yourselves if you think united are making top4.

Picture this; United beat city, Liverpool win the league. Cue scousers gloating everywhere, Liverpool biased media for years and Jurgen Klopp blinding everyone with his smile on live tv.

This is like brexit all over again. Why take the risk?

Looking at forum and FB threads, you know something is wrong when scousers are supporting united, clapping you on the back for saying you want them to win the league because “they play good football”. Those people have already been brainwashed by the power of Klopp

Cal?

CR7 fan
Oh believe me, I know this is the worst outcome. Of course I prefer City winning it over Liverpool. The cringefest for the next 6 months will be unbearable, Klopp will be hailed as the scouse Jesus equal to SAF, Henderson will be hailed as the greatest midfielder this country ever seen and Salah will be the GOAT. Souness and Carragher and all of them will be a nightmare to listen to. Sky and BT will come out with cringe montages of team of the century bulshit. I know what's at stake.

But, having said that, if we do end up winning or drawing, I can definitely enjoy city's meltdown. Bit of revenge for Aguerooo.

We're at a unique situation here. No matter what happens, we take the title from one of our two biggest rivals while giving it to the other.
I just don’t see City as much of a rival.

Also, Aguerrrrooo was more QPR’s faulr

Revenge for Gerrard’s through ball is much much preferable.

SirAF

Ageist
1 hour to go, enough of the bickering. Those who want to win: feck you. To the rest of you: Goodspeed :devil:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Honestly don't consider City as big a rival as Liverpool. Latter are in a league of their own in terms of rivalry with us.
City are a local derby but historically Liverpool are our greatest rivals. Just like Everton isn’t anything but a local derby.
Does anyone think scousers would want united to win if the roles were reversed and they were playing a dominant Everton side? Would they feck

Marooned

yeah stop being ridiculous, these things are serious, every match must be taken seriously and every team needs to play the best they can, always.

Giggs86

I just don’t see City as much of a rival.

Also, Aguerrrrooo was more QPR’s faulr

Revenge for Gerrard’s through ball is much much preferable.
I think we got our revenge four years later after he ended up costing his team the title with a slip in the same fixture.

Throwing games is a dangerous thing, karma is a bitch not to be fecked with.

NWRed

We need to win this game for ourselves, Liverpool don't come into it for me. They'll feck up against wolves anyway.

Springfield WildCats

We’re Man Utd we shouldn’t be losing to anyone no matter what the circumstances, if we hand Liverpool the league so be it, we shouldn’t be aiming to stop Liverpool by losing to city, we should be looking to raise our standards to match and overtake liverpool.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I don't want to throw the game because that will be toxic for the squad. I just want us to try our best and then lose.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think we got our revenge four years later after he ended up costing his team the title with a slip in the same fixture.

Throwing games is a dangerous thing, karma is a bitch not to be fecked with.
He cost his team a title, but ultimately he still cost us a title.

Kearnkoff69

Yeah, I won't ever actively root against us. That being said, I'd much rather have City win today and Pool miss out on the title than the reverse scenario. My mom thinks I'm crazy for wanting City to win today, but she just doesn't get the depth of my disdain for the Scousers.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Yes for several reasons.

1. I hate Liverpool and a title win for them will hurt a lot more than one game vs City. If Liverpool win the PL we can’t reverse what happened.

2. The ex Liverpool players who are now pundits are unbearable at the best of times. They will be worse than imaginable if Liverpool win the league.

3. If Liverpool win the league then it is 20 titles to us to their 19. And they would have a much better chance/in a much better position to then make it 20/20 than us to make it 21/19.

4. City are a nothing club, Liverpool are our biggest rivals by an absolute landslide.

5. All the hard work SAF did to ‘knock them off their perch’
could unravel in less than a decade from his retirement.

1 game vs City is worth the loss in the grand scheme of things.

reddevil80

How many times can fred lose the ball or misplace the fecking pass ffs. Send him home for the love of christ

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yeah guys it is never going to feel good losing to City regardless of the circumstance. Maybe if we are playing them in CL and they beat us in the second leg but, lose on aggregate. Other than that it will never feel good.

PoTMS

I changed my mind halfway through the match but I couldn't care less either way tbh. United are not getting top four.

Shaidabdullah Hussain

I wanted us to lose and it seems like we are going to. Feel little connection with any of this squad except a few and ole of course and we need a major rebuild over summer. Oh and we need the meme of the scouse having not won the premier league to continue for eternity ideally

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaidabdullah Hussain

Yes for several reasons.

1. I hate Liverpool and a title win for them will hurt a lot more than one game vs City. If Liverpool win the PL we can’t reverse what happened.

2. The ex Liverpool players who are now pundits are unbearable at the best of times. They will be worse than imaginable if Liverpool win the league.

3. If Liverpool win the league then it is 20 titles to us to their 19. And they would have a much better chance/in a much better position to then make it 20/20 than us to make it 21/19.

4. City are a nothing club, Liverpool are our biggest rivals by an absolute landslide.

5. All the hard work SAF did to ‘knock them off their perch’
could unravel in less than a decade from his retirement.

1 game vs City is worth the loss in the grand scheme of things.
Sums up my view of things perfectly tbh

hobbers

Hilarious thing is that if we beat Chelsea we're still in line for top four.

Because there is no fecking way Arsenal are beating both Leicester and Burnley away.