Do we want to lose to City?

Efcinpeace

Supports
Everton
It’s half 8 on Friday night. You must now be feeling better that you lost to city. Surely Liverpool winning the league is unthinkable. Look at the telly. It’s well worth it. I’ve been there whenever pool have won the league and we were second. You don’t want the feeling....... and by the way, for those of you who keep slagging off scousers..... I’m one, and I never slag off Mancunians, just Liverpool and their ‘fans’. So let’s not do accent.... let’s do allegiances

GazTheLegend

It’s half 8 on Friday night. You must now be feeling better that you lost to city. Surely Liverpool winning the league is unthinkable. Look at the telly. It’s well worth it. I’ve been there whenever pool have won the league and we were second. You don’t want the feeling....... and by the way, for those of you who keep slagging off scousers..... I’m one, and I never slag off Mancunians, just Liverpool and their ‘fans’. So let’s not do accent.... let’s do allegiances
Completely agree mate.

I think most people don’t truly understand how bad it will be if Liverpool win the league.

In 20 years time there’ll be commemorative dvds, every sports programme will have a bunch of 50 year old scouser footballers / Jordan Henderson etc waxing lyrically about the “best title race of all time”, the endless charity matches with a now pot bellied Daniel Sturridge the only notable player involved... it would be hell.

Quite happy if we make Europa league only too to force the board to either sell up or Invest again and at the least improve our structure

cyril C

United can't seem to score though. I have no confidence that they're gonna beat even a struggling Chelsea.
We have our own distraction though. Goalkeeper thinking about Paris, 2 of our most talented players thinking about Spain. Don't know what Martial is think of, but the whole team seems to be day dreaming every game, perhaps the Paris handover is not yet over.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Completely agree. Definitely.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Ok I'm not a Utd fan but I've been watching with interest.

I literally cannot believe what I am reading, that some fans want to throw such an important match, which could cost you a top 4 place. Anyway.....I just wanted to give my assessment of things;
1. You have to realise, that your players on the pitch are no up to top 4 standard.....certainly not alongside City and Liverpool. No matter how much you rant at them at old trafford, or shout at your TV, those players are never, ever going to be able to play to that level.

Yes I understand the frustration that the team as a whole isn't able to perform as well as you would like, but no amount of complaining or ranting is going to change that. It's like me shouting at my 10 year old kid as to why he isnt scoring 40 goals per season!

2. The manager. I literally cannot believe there are threads on here asking for him to be sacked, or sacked at the EOS. You've brought someone in who is clearly under qualified...everyone can see that, but for gods sake you have to give the man a couple of transfer windows. The issue is that he has zero experience of the value transfers you need to make (in our out) so you need a director who can work alongside him on that.

3. Blame. When you signed Pogba nobody was complaining. When you signed Lakaku, Sanchez and Jose nobody was complaining. Now all of a sudden they were bad decisions and the Chief Exec should go? A lot of fans are looking with hindsight and expecting the board to have a time capsules.

4. Expectation. You've had it bloody good for a long time. Under SAF you've sometimes won leagues you shouldn't have. For example in his last season. You have to realise what is realistic and what isnt.

5. Ins & Out. You need at least 5 in. If you sell Pogba you need 6 in. If Sanchez goes as well thats 7. You need to get behind your best players. They have totally screwed you over, but your stuck with them, and you cant replace them with better players. Build a squad around them and they will start performing. To be fair you don't have a lot of choice.

6. The future, forget the past. Theres fans in their 30s and 40s who might not see Utd win another title. Thats the cycle of Football. Right now you are being run as a business, unless you get some Arab who comes in and runs you as a pastime, your unlikely to get the investment in players you need to be top 2.

Like I said Im not a Utd fan so couldnt give 2 hoots either way, but thats my 2 pence worth from the outside.
Considering you 'couldnt give 2 hoots', all of your posts have been on the subject.