• Yes

Votes: 1,069 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.4%

• Total voters

diarm

So would you be ok with United getting relegated and losing all its key assets if it meant that the Glazers would sell?

That would be a more interesting poll to make.
Which assets do you mean?

Players and commercial partnerships, then yes.
The stadium and training ground, then perhaps not.

Lemon Moon

Peacefully, 100%.

But it's all for nothing if those greedy Glazers fail to take note.
I'm proud of everyone making a stand and demonstrating their passion for our community and football club.

vidic blood & sand

Ruined my Sunday viewing/drinking and will achieve nothing; and those clowns throwing bottles at the police and their horses need a couple of months in Strangeways.

Banned from what? and for what? a difference of opinion?
Are you incapable of looking at the bigger picture here?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
110% I back the protest if done peacefully.

Well done to our fans that did.

redsunited

Not buying merchandise or tickets won't make any difference as some or other fan will do and it won't make a marked difference.

When Glazers/Premier League/Sky know that football won't happen, they have to lookup and make a decision.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
yes but more will be needed

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yes. Everything except any acts of violence or antagonising bystanders. Throwing flares towards the pundits, and jumping on cars on the main road was too far.

But protest has to be disruptive and uncomfortable to have an impact, and getting the game postponed is a huge impact. It puts a spotlight on the events all over the world. It took one of the biggest games away from multiple broadcasters, which is going to make the moneymen take notice.

Some bits got a little out of control, but I support the overarching principal for sure. Wouldn't even care if it resulted in a forfeit and giving the 3 points to Liverpool.

Canuckred64

Yes, I support the People 's right to protest peacefully and while most were peaceful, this protest turned violent, clashes with the police, invasion of the stadium and the cancelation of the match which I don't support.

Bekkalokk

Agree with this, feels as though law-enforcement underestimated the size of the protest, and that there should have been more police-presence from the beginning. Like always, there is a few bad apples that gives in to the adrenaline of big crowds, but all in all, i think the protest went ahead as civilized as possible.

Glad they decided to postpone the match, a few people on the pitch is much better than destruction and intimidation of team-busses which almost certainly would have happened had the teams been allowed to leave their hotel.

Wonder were they decide to squeeze in the rematch though. Almost has to be tomorrow so United get two days ahead of the Roma-game, other than that the schedules of both teams are already packed to the max.

vidic blood & sand

Peacefully, 100%.

But it's all for nothing if those greedy Glazers fail to take note.
I'm proud of everyone making a stand and demonstrating their passion for our community and football club.
If the biggest game in the premier league is abbandoned, how could they fail to take note?
Right now the spin masters associated with the club will be spinning like Paul Okenfold

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
100%.

The protest was organised ahead of time and with genuine intentions. All relevant authorities (GMP included) had advanced notice.

As with any demonstration of this kind, a minority will go tanked up and ready for a scuffle. And others won't know where to draw the line. But this shouldn't be conflated with the issues at the heart of all this.
Totally agree.
We pride ourselves on the fact that football was born out of the working class.
Well when the working class protest, as you quite rightly say, a minority will always cause trouble. That is a simple fact of life.
And this is not specific to football. Happens in all walks of life.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Just in here to get the usernames of everyone that everyone votes "No." I don't condone the few that went too far with acts of violence or any shit like that but ultimately, today was a massive win for the fans of Manchester United.

Nero

100% agree.

I have no idea why so many dim people are using the actions of a few idiots to denigrate the entire protest.

Why shit on the whole thing because some idiots went too far. What about the thousands and thousands who didn't go too far?

The actions of a few override the actions of thousands. Logic.

Dan_F

What violence are we referring to here? A few skirmish’s and bottles thrown when the police stepped in? Happens at every single protest when the police make their move.

How sheltered are peoples lives that they are actually offended by that. Especially the stuff about getting into the ground, it wasn’t violent.

Drawfull

100% agree.

I have no idea why so many dim people are using the actions of a few idiots to denigrate the entire protest.

Why shit on the whole thing because some idiots went too far. What about the thousands and thousands who didn't go too far?

The actions of a few override the actions of thousands. Logic.
This is a poll thread. The poll doesn't have nuance. Hence 'no' is a viable vote. It's not a difficult concept.

Pughnichi

Conflicted with it. Disappointed not to watch us play, particularly vs Liverpool.

understand the reasoning behind it. An opportunity to try and force Glazers out and show frustration towards ESL. Also confirms, to a little extent the power that fans have

but conflicted because, who can realistically buy them out? I’d hazard a guess it won’t be an ideal suitor. Do we become a new City/PSG and just drown out the noise from jealous fans when we have multiple 50M squad players - something many have criticised city for

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What violence are we referring to here? A few skirmish’s and bottles thrown when the police stepped in? Happens at every single protest when the police make their move.

How sheltered are peoples lives that they are actually offended by that. Especially the stuff about getting into the ground, it wasn’t violent.

davidmichael

Yes I agree with it 100% as it makes people take notice, this has been building for years and been bubbling away under the surface but the Glazer’s brought this on to themselves once they made it publicly clear a couple of weeks ago what United really is to them so we’re well within our rights to protest as long as it doesn’t become violent as then us the fans come across as thugs.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Agree 100% with the protests. Don't agree with the small minority of idiots who caused violence and unnecessary property destruction.

mav_9me

Support the protest but not the ground invasion. But that's easy for me to say from my sofa.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yes, if it doesn't result in points deductions or something like that. There needs to be a certain degree of disruption.

If the actual team were to start being punished for the protests though then it becomes too divisive for the protests to continue effectively (as they need to), at which point they've shot themselves in the foot and hindered a longer term move against the Glazers.

Also worth saying that supporting the protests isn't the same as supporting all protesters. Anyone who goes too far should be indentified and face appropriate consequences.
Hoping the club get fined. It's only money and/or sponsors the Glazers care about. (I think targeting the big sponsors is one way to go).

And the police send us a whopping bill, hiked up as much as they can add on. And another for when the games rearranged - hopefully they send a decent number of police next time.

stepic

How many of those saying yes are also against Saudi ownership? 100%? This is the part I struggle with because there is no other likely buyer

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Yes, but this will hurt the club more than its "owners".

Sucks that this is happening during a 2nd Place + EL title season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's not worth the effort, there's an irrational poison running through here today. Or vast swathes of our fanbase don't give a shit about criminality. They'll quote the suffragettes next.
Football really does bring the worst out of people.

BlackBen

100% yes. Wish it carries on till the end of the season. Good job by the lads who turned out today.

UpWithRivers

I just dont get what we want. Are we just protesting against the Glaziers and we want them out. We want 50+1. We want a Saudi takeover? There is no cohesive message. Or maybe its lost on me. We get the Glaziers out....then what? And its the then what that will get me to agree or disagree because if we are taken over by the Saudis then the protesters will have just fkd us over from my point of view. Even if its 50+1 is there a proper review of what the impact would be on United? I mean from a legit financial business company or whoever would do it. Yes from an uneducated fan like myself this sounds great but I would want to be sure we arnt going to end up mid table and slowly dyeing out before I get on board. Maybe Im a fence sitter but all I want is the best for our club and Im just not educated enough in this field to make that decision.

Last edited:

vidic blood & sand

I'm not sure a poster calling for those that don't agree with their viewpoint to be banned should be given further credence, frankly.
If people disagree with the sentiment behind the protest, they can't be fans. The Glazers have acted like pimps prostituting our club for their own gain for years.
To disagree with the outrage today, is totally baffling to me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes but I don’t think it’ll make the Glazers think gee whizz let’s sell up.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
So would you be ok with United getting relegated and losing all its key assets if it meant that the Glazers would sell?

That would be a more interesting poll to make.
Probably not as there's no guarantee who'd they sell to and 50+1 is the aim, not just Glazers out.

But I (just) remember being relegated so been there before and the ride/journey since has been amazing. We'd be back