• Yes

Votes: 1,069 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.4%

• Total voters

pauldyson1uk

100% behind the protest and very pleased that the game got postponed. I hope protesters are able to postpone all future games. We don't play until the club is sold.

Not keen on the few who got violent and/or started vandalising, though. Could have achieved the same without anyone getting hurt and expensive stuff getting broken.
Its not going to happen is it, lets be honest.
Our next home game OT and the team hotels will be surrounded by Police. No game will be postponed again.

georgipep

Well you can be in your deluded world that you care about the club more than the local ones, it won't make it true.
I never said I care MORE than local fans. Learn to read and comprehend.

Who made the decision? I must have missed the news. Which decision was made?
To protest and try to force the owners to sell. And representing ALL Manchester United fans along the way

Also local fans should be more important than the non local fans for any club decision. It's their club and we (foreign clubs) started to follow them for numerous reasons.
"It's their club"...well, that's funny. I thought the protest is happening because the club is the Glazers'. If proximity equals possession, I guess I'm quite rich and own a wonderful borough...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I never said I care MORE than local fans. Learn to read and comprehend.

To protest and try to force the owners to sell. And representing ALL Manchester United fans along the way

"It's their club"...well, that's funny. I thought the protest is happening because the club is the Glazers'. If proximity equals possession, I guess I'm quite rich and own a wonderful borough...
:lol: Mental gymnastics

Also you should learn to post properly, when you bold the part which says local fans care about the club than non local fans and they are the ones who represent club and reply to that whole sentence, why shouldn't it mean you meant you care more about the club than non local fans? At least should learn to highlight the relevant words in that sentence.

fecking hell, Manutd fans didn't consult georgipep or whatever he is called before protesting. What a shame.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The guy that fecked the camera only the field also smashed a door in to get into the ground.
They kicked a door in.

It’s not very pleasant footage
Thanks for the info. Probably because Old Trafford is still a classic stadium it has some easy ways to get int, despite being reinforced over the years.

I guess they were too quick to act and break-in, because I see too little anti-riot police to handle all those people. They were probably already coordinated and they probably got tipped of that way in by someone who works/used to work in Old Trafford, there are no coincidences.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Our next home game OT and the team hotels will be surrounded by Police. No game will be postponed again.
Yep. If nothing else I assume they could just force us to play our home games outside of Manchester anyway if playing at OT is too much of a problem.

georgipep

:lol: Mental gymnastics

Also you should learn to post properly, when you bold the part which says local fans care about the club than non local fans and they are the ones who represent club and reply to that whole sentence, why shouldn't it mean you meant you care more about the club than non local fans? At least should learn to highlight the relevant words in that sentence.

fecking hell, Manutd fans didn't consult georgipep or whatever he is called before protesting. What a shame.
I guess in your world one side must always care more than the other. There is no possibility to be EQUAL.

Anyway, you seem happy to support the current protest. I do not. And do not want to be associated with it too.

pauldyson1uk

Yep. If nothing else I assume they could just force us to play our home games outside of Manchester anyway if playing at OT is too much of a problem.
I don't think away from OT would help, the hard core element would still go where ever it is played.
When the game is played, this will be behind closed door, with only the teams and staff allowed anywhere near the ground.
Next season will be the tester, fans back in the ground. Unless the Glazier have sold up by then, it will be light the blue paper and wait for the fireworks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I guess in your world one side must always care more than the other. There is no possibility to be EQUAL.

Anyway, you seem happy to support the current protest. I do not. And do not want to be associated with it too.
Maybe in the deluded world non local fans care as much as local fans for whom the club is part of their life, culture. For anyone with bit of sense can see why it's not the case. That doesn't mean non local fans don't care about the club or don't love it. We have people on caf moaning about protests saying it ruined their sunday plans but somehow there is a possibility to be equal :lol:

Ofcourse I'm happy the fans who represent the club are out their protesting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My post is based on observation. I am yet to see a worldwide survey of Manchester United fans to ask them of their opinion. An online forum with 951 (current results) users voting Yes is absolutely nothing for a club of Manchester United's size and following.
Ah how many supporters have you 'observed' and how should we rely on this lame observation :lol:

You're on redcafe posting in this thread. For now this poll is all we have and you're losing. Sorry.

Fingeredmouse

My post is based on observation. I am yet to see a worldwide survey of Manchester United fans to ask them of their opinion. An online forum with 951 (current results) users voting Yes is absolutely nothing for a club of Manchester United's size and following.
Attacking the validity of a poll on here based on "your observation" of the Worldwide fanbase of Manchester United?

Maybe in the deluded world non local fans care as much as local fans for whom the club is part of their life, culture. For anyone with bit of sense can see why it's not the case. That doesn't mean non local fans don't care about the club or don't love it. We have people on caf moaning about protests saying it ruined their sunday plans but somehow there is a possibility to be equal :lol:

Ofcourse I'm happy the fans who represent the club are out their protesting.
There is a simple reason why local fans care more about the club than non local fans. The club forms part of the fabric of the area and that applies to all clubs. For example Liverpool is not just a football rivalry, it's a city rivalry. Non local fans can never have that additional attachment.

The fans who grew up in the shadow of OT see a club that's supposed to represent them no longer doing so. I moved away a long time ago but i still support them taking action against it.

Water Melon

There is a simple reason why local fans care more about the club than non local fans. The club forms part of the fabric of the area and that applies to all clubs. For example Liverpool is not just a football rivalry, it's a city rivalry. Non local fans can never have that additional attachment.

The fans who grew up in the shadow of OT see a club that's supposed to represent them no longer doing so. I moved away a long time ago but i still support them taking action against it.
I am not English and am really far away from Europe, let alone northern part of it. Yet, sometimes it appears to me that I am more passionate about the club's future than some fans who were born and raised in England.

I am not English and am really far away from Europe, let alone northern part of it. Yet, sometimes it appears to me that I am more passionate about the club's future than some fans who were born and raised in England.
There are a lot of fans in England who haven't been near Old Trafford either.

bsCallout

I agree with the protests I just don't know that there will be a result we want. Either the Glazers won't care or we'll be sold to someone who is no better.

thepolice123

Ultimately it will come down to who will yield in time. From what I can see a lot of these protestors are bandwagoners who took part just for the joy of it.

Next game they will just call in the police early and cordon off the area. How long can this last realistically?

diarm

To ensure no game is postponed takes a hell of a lot of police and resources. Make them do that for every game and we won't be long seeing pressure for change.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Well, you could try associating with the club. They are called Manchester United FC. They play association football, with a round ball. Eleven versus eleven. The club is around since 1892. There are many people across that century and a bit more, whose names are remembered with honour and love and respect in the club. The current owners are not held in the same esteem as these names.

ManchesterYoda

What is it exactly that the fans hate so much? Is it that we are owned by rich people who make money out of owning us or is it that the owners who make money out of owning us happen to be the Glazers?

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
After putting some thought into it I must say: Actually the protests don't matter. Now angrily you already pull your keyboard closer and want to launch your verbal attacks, but hear me out first.
In fact what are the protests against: The Glazers themselves or rather about football losing it's identity or becoming a product without any morality, soul and values? Or might it even be deeper?
Well, the so called Super League and the results of it the new model of the Champions League have put the last nail in the coffin, for me! I've loved football, not a particular club but in general, as long as I can remember. My personal highlight was 1996 Semi-finals England vs. Germany with a cracking match and an even better ending. So many emotions I've have never felt and will never feel after during an televised event. Simply a magical night. Great characters were on the pitch, the famous Kuntz (football's coming home), Gaza just to mentioned a few.

Nowadays you hear only the same "blablabla" by random styled and tattoo ball jugglers, written and trained by their advisors who take a lord-worth income per month which a hard-working family father will never earn in a life-time of work.
Speaking of family; nowadays a visit to a stadium, if you are able to get tickets, costs similar for a 4 headed family than a short term holiday. If you are lucky you even get to see your stars, your kids idols. If you are more lucky, they will be even motivated enough to play a good game. In most of the cases you will see 22 mercenaries worth millions playing a game for themselves transmitted in approx. 200 countries worldwide. Another club comes along, offers higher salary. Goodbye player, who kissed the club's emblem the last game. 0 identification for the club, for the city, for the fans. Partially it's understandable because the club throws them away like a foul apple if they won't perform, speak a wrong word or show a bit of fair play (google Alpay Ozalan fairplay if interested).

In German there is an expression:" A fish stinks from it's head". In football it's true and it stinks terribly. Corruption, World Championship in Qatar, a country famous for his human rights and Respect to other ways of living. It's the same Respect that is written on every Jersey of every professional football player. It's the same respect which is demanded and granted but only if it isn't against filling Scrooge McDuck's money bin. If there is the slightest possibility to increase the brand, sell a little more: Sajonara whatever we were standing for before. Currently they are called Glazer or Infantino, before their names were Blatter or Hoeness. In the future? Most likely Chinese... but who knows. The world is spinning so fast, almost like a football.

The first real crack to my love for football came in 2009, Barcelona vs. Chelsea. Not by any of the players but by the ref. himself Mr. Ovrebo. I kept and still keep watching football but that excitement and eagerness for a match has never been coming back to me. Even when Germany became World Champion 2014 I wasn't really happy. And today? I can watch a halftime which is enough. I was thinking a long time, how did that happen? Now I know the answer. Because I can' identify with any of these marionettes any longer. Marionettes who support the shell of a product which at some point stood for something. It stood for the people!

Were the protests successful? Against the Glazers maybe. But if there are no Glazer then there will be another locust or hedge fund whose only goal is to get the max return.
Were the protests successful? Against football and it's plastic product?

I say: Definitely not!

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I voted undecided. I despise the Glazers and their parasitic ownership, but I don't see what step B is on this road. It will definitely make the owners take notice, but is this gonna be enough to change the law. As long as the twats haven't broken any laws then they'll be backed by the powers that be. There would need to be more protests, every week, the police would start cracking down as in order to make an effective point would probably lead to more violence. You see from history how much violence and unrest is needed in order to effect political change like with the US civil rights movement. I can't see this sort of protest having enough steam to create serious change. Should it? Of course it should they are c***s! But realistically what will happen?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What is it exactly that the fans hate so much? Is it that we are owned by rich people who make money out of owning us or is it that the owners who make money out of owning us happen to be the Glazers?
:lol: What kind of question is this, and as a Manchester United fan, how do you still not understand why the fans dislike them?

OrcaFat

100% abso -fecking- lutely undecided. 100%.

I don’t mind protest. If organised and campaigning clearly it is perfectly reasonable and you might even say sensible. (If it’s a shambles it can look ridiculous.)

I’m undecided whether it is useful or likely to lead to improvement or any change at all.

But as long as it’s legal and peaceful it has my sympathy. 100%.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
How to slow down and damp anti-Glazer sentiment on a fan forum.

Keep it varied. Some will say stuff like: ‘the Glazers aren’t great, but you could have far worse’. Some would actively praise them. Some would hope for more player investment and stadium improvements.

...but an important role is to stir division.
  • Stir it up between posters here? Yes, say between match-going and others for example. But also against opposing fans, Gary Neville, etc.
  • Very important to sow despondency. What good will it do? It’s been tried before. Nothing ever changes.
  • Timing is important. There will be lulls, after a flashpoint, say. That’s the time to get your oar in.
To work!!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone who isn’t is indirectly siding with the Glazers, which means that the long term future of the club is unimportant to them.

pauldyson1uk

Protest 100% yes, no problem with it and most there were peaceful. but this is not
One Policeman suffered a fractured eye socket, while another sustained a wound to his face and needed hospital treatment.
The force said another officer was dragged and kicked.
Seen the video of the Police, that is not right either.
Violence solves nothing, it won't make them sell.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Protest 100% yes, no problem with it and most there were peaceful. but this is not
One Policeman suffered a fractured eye socket, while another sustained a wound to his face and needed hospital treatment.
Why focus on that? I just dont get this obsession at all.

Thousands turn up and protest against corporate greed - everyone gets obsessed with unfortunate consequences.

Dont take your eye off the ball.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Did they though, not 6 weeks ago bristol coppers claimed various injuries and wounds, only to come out a few days later and say "well, actually, that didnt really happen, sorry"

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah some of what went on yesterday was out of order and cowardly. Absolutely no need for violence but as with most large protests there's always a minority who attend to cause trouble or simply get swept in the moment feeling they are protected in amongst the large crowds. They usually have quite the surprise when their door goes through a few days later.

As said though the violence was the minority and on the whole the genuine supporters were great at getting home the message and taking a stand against not only the Glazers but the wider issue of greed within the game. Let's hope they take note and engage with the plan put together by MUST.

Important to follow such action up with dialogue if you actually want to achieve change so for once I was quite happy with MUST and the timing of what they put together.

Flying high

After putting some thought into it I must say: Actually the protests don't matter. Now angrily you already pull your keyboard closer and want to launch your verbal attacks, but hear me out first.
In fact what are the protests against: The Glazers themselves or rather about football losing it's identity or becoming a product without any morality, soul and values? Or might it even be deeper?
Well, the so called Super League and the results of it the new model of the Champions League have put the last nail in the coffin, for me! I've loved football, not a particular club but in general, as long as I can remember. My personal highlight was 1996 Semi-finals England vs. Germany with a cracking match and an even better ending. So many emotions I've have never felt and will never feel after during an televised event. Simply a magical night. Great characters were on the pitch, the famous Kuntz (football's coming home), Gaza just to mentioned a few.

Nowadays you hear only the same "blablabla" by random styled and tattoo ball jugglers, written and trained by their advisors who take a lord-worth income per month which a hard-working family father will never earn in a life-time of work.
Speaking of family; nowadays a visit to a stadium, if you are able to get tickets, costs similar for a 4 headed family than a short term holiday. If you are lucky you even get to see your stars, your kids idols. If you are more lucky, they will be even motivated enough to play a good game. In most of the cases you will see 22 mercenaries worth millions playing a game for themselves transmitted in approx. 200 countries worldwide. Another club comes along, offers higher salary. Goodbye player, who kissed the club's emblem the last game. 0 identification for the club, for the city, for the fans. Partially it's understandable because the club throws them away like a foul apple if they won't perform, speak a wrong word or show a bit of fair play (google Alpay Ozalan fairplay if interested).

In German there is an expression:" A fish stinks from it's head". In football it's true and it stinks terribly. Corruption, World Championship in Qatar, a country famous for his human rights and Respect to other ways of living. It's the same Respect that is written on every Jersey of every professional football player. It's the same respect which is demanded and granted but only if it isn't against filling Scrooge McDuck's money bin. If there is the slightest possibility to increase the brand, sell a little more: Sajonara whatever we were standing for before. Currently they are called Glazer or Infantino, before their names were Blatter or Hoeness. In the future? Most likely Chinese... but who knows. The world is spinning so fast, almost like a football.

The first real crack to my love for football came in 2009, Barcelona vs. Chelsea. Not by any of the players but by the ref. himself Mr. Ovrebo. I kept and still keep watching football but that excitement and eagerness for a match has never been coming back to me. Even when Germany became World Champion 2014 I wasn't really happy. And today? I can watch a halftime which is enough. I was thinking a long time, how did that happen? Now I know the answer. Because I can' identify with any of these marionettes any longer. Marionettes who support the shell of a product which at some point stood for something. It stood for the people!

Were the protests successful? Against the Glazers maybe. But if there are no Glazer then there will be another locust or hedge fund whose only goal is to get the max return.
Were the protests successful? Against football and it's plastic product?

I say: Definitely not!
So your answer is to give up and not let the next generation have a chance to enjoy scenes like 96 for themselves?

The best way to ensure that the next person is as bad as the Glazers, or worse, is to keep quiet each time they try to take more for themselves.

I'm not really sure why you'd come on here to belittle the efforts of those fighting against the forces which you yourself bemoan.

croadyman

I agreed with most of it apart from the throwing of that flare inside the ground and kicking in that door to break into that executive area whilst also breaking the disabled lift was bang out of order

pauldyson1uk

Yeah some of what went on yesterday was out of order and cowardly. Absolutely no need for violence but as with most large protests there's always a minority who attend to cause trouble or simply get swept in the moment feeling they are protected in amongst the large crowds. They usually have quite the surprise when their door goes through a few days later.

As said though the violence was the minority and on the whole the genuine supporters were great at getting home the message and taking a stand against not only the Glazers but the wider issue of greed within the game. Let's hope they take note and engage with the plan put together by MUST.

Important to follow such action up with dialogue if you actually want to achieve change so for once I was quite happy with MUST and the timing of what they put together.
Agree with everything you posted.
One arrest has been made, I think a small minority went hoping for trouble.

copen1945

Hopefully, there would be genuine changes. If a bigger transfer window is the only thing offered to ameliorate the volatile situation, then the violence and the injuries will have led to the incoming players. That is an unsettling thought.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
So your answer is to give up and not let the next generation have a chance to enjoy scenes like 96 for themselves?

The best way to ensure that the next person is as bad as the Glazers, or worse, is to keep quiet each time they try to take more for themselves.

I'm not really sure why you'd come on here to belittle the efforts of those fighting against the forces which you yourself bemoan.
I just explained that the problem is way deeper and a cute little action like yesterday is just a droplet of water in an ocean.

What do you expect? Even if they Glazers were selling, what then? Who would buy from them and will that person do everything better? I don't think so.

It's just way to shortsighted to call for a changing of guard without presenting a worthy alternative.