Do you class Pogba as injury prone?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Compared to the rest of the squad, he's comfortably our most injury prone CM, which is saying something when one of those places is shared with Matic.

He's on par with Shaw regarding how injury prone he is. It's an issue, but one worth overlooking/dealing with to have in the team.

Halftrack

He’s one of those players who seems to escape the injury prone label but seems to miss a large chunk of games every season. I never hear anyone mention that he’s injury prone when weighing up his pros/cons like they would if talking about someone like Bailly for example.
Idk, feels to me like he spends about as much time injured as Rooney did. Rooney was never considered particularly injury prone.

Random semi-related factoid: Chris Smalling got labeled as injury prone, and he missed less games through injury than Rooney did during their shared time at the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They don't deserve credit. While from a management standpoint availability is a good thing, there is no reason to give any credit to a player for not being at the wrong end of a tackle or biology. And you don't add millions to their value because you don't actually know what may happen in 5 minutes, now players with bad injury records will have millions substracted to their value due to a negative past.
Don’t think it’s any different to giving players credit for having loads of talent.

If they work on keeping their bodies in top shape and eating right limiting muscle injuries then they do deserve credit, absolutely.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Side note. I don’t think players who are the opposite of injury prone don’t get enough credit. It’s a massive positive attribute. Should add millions to their value. Not naming any names as don’t want to jinx them!
It is worth noting regarding a certain expensive centre-back.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yes. He misses long stretches of normal seasons with injuries and combined with our awful medical department, it's a recipe for disaster. For me, this is why we should have offloaded him ages ago and not because he's a virus or doesn't deliver on the pitch.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Most of his seasons he's had small knocks that have kept him out for a little while, but I wouldn't have classed him as injury prone. That may have changed after his long lay-off last season though, he's had a couple of knocks this season already.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I would have said no up to last year but looking back now fully over his time with us I’d say he is. 290 days missed since the beginning of last season according to transfermarkt. He’s missed about 400 days since he’s signed which is lots.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Possibly heading that way. It’s my one concern with a new contract in mind. Do we commit all that money to someone and find them on the sidelines half the time. On the flip side he’s some player and will be difficult to replace. We have to make a decision this summer.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Side note. I don’t think players who are the opposite of injury prone don’t get enough credit. It’s a massive positive attribute. Should add millions to their value. Not naming any names as don’t want to jinx them!
True. That's why the likes of Salah, Mane, Robertson, Son, Sterling, Dias, Ederson etc. are so valuable.
Niiiiiice. ;)

RedDevil@84

Hmm. Not sure.
2016/17: 51 appearances in all comps (30 in the PL - one suspension). Solid turnout.

2017/18: 37 appearances in all comps (27 in the PL - though 3 game ban). Not a great turnout, but not abysmal, though I do think this was the season he fell out with Jose? Or is my timeline wrong

2018/19: 47 appearances in all comps (35 in PL). Very solid season.

2019/20: 22 appearances in all comps (16 in the PL). Awful turnout, had two very big injuries this season.

2020/21: 28 appearances in all comps so far (19 out of 25 PL matches so far). Depending on how soon he recovers and how fit he stays for the rest of the season, this one can go either way.

Summary of fitness:
2016/17: good
2017/18: meh leaning on bad
2018/19: very good
2019/20: awful
2020/21: meh, could potentially lean either way
This does not consider the time when Pogba was fit, but wasn't selected in the team. Right?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This does not consider the time when Pogba was fit, but wasn't selected in the team. Right?
Correct - so his numbers are probably slightly better than that, too (in terms of considering whether he’s ‘injury prone’ or not).

Classical Mechanic

Feck me. Are you deliberately being obtuse?! There’s more than one player who seems unusually injury resistant. Including one who plays in the same position of Pogba. And I don’t think I’ve ever read a single post acknowledging this fact.

I’ll leave it there now. I’m far too superstitious to take this any further. You’ll have to work out who I’m talking about for yourself.
Bruno’s injury record is Lampard-esque. Think he’s missed 4 games in his career or something mad like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's played 51,37,47,22 and 28 games so far this season (with 13 league games, and potentially another 10 cup games left).

Hardly the stuff of being injury prone.

Bailly as a comparison has played 18-18-11-13 the last few seasons,
Jones has played 24-13-26-25-24-9-0 the last 7, and it feels amazing he's played those 3 averaging 25 midway in that set.
Rojo played 12-6-9 in his last 3 years here!