Do you have a second ‘local team’?

RyRy11

Southend United is my local club and I was gutted when we lost to them in 2006 (two days after my birthday too) got a tonne of stick in school for weeks :lol: great for the area at the time though.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Deveronvale. Scottish Highland League team from Banff.

I'd want the Vale to win, just for the hilarity. The last time we won the league...2005 I think, we had a huge centre forward called Mike McKenzie. Big 17 stone, ginger, 6ft 3 who could just blast them at 400mph.

You had to make sure Mike got his goals before halftime because after that he was blowing out his ass and resembling a scottish Lukaku.

Funky Futurista

Don't have a second team, but do follow Bodø/Glimt in the norwegian Eliteserien (which is nothing remotely close to an "elite" league) since my dad is a fan of them. They really struggled last year and almost got relegated, but this year they are focusing on youth and are currently second in the league one point behind Molde and with a game in hand. Evjen is a really exciting prospect for them, and I do think he's destined for a much better league pretty soon, and we've already had scouts from United watching him.

As to who I would want to win it it would always be United. My dad would rub it in as much as he could if Glimt won!

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Yeah Halifax Town. Watch them at the shay quite often and go to the odd away game as well. I quite like it. It’s honest and tough for the supporters who go to every game. Halifax got demoted 3 divisions for running into financial troubles.

overtheborder

I'd guess a lot of people like a lot of different teams for different reasons. Family ties, lived in an area for a while etc. I've picked up a few teams I keep an eye out for and like to watch for loads of different reasons, and I'd imagine i'm not alone in that either.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Yeah Halifax Town. Watch them at the shay quite often and go to the odd away game as well. I quite like it. It’s honest and tough for the supporters who go to every game. Halifax got demoted 3 divisions for running into financial troubles.
Should've got Howard from Halifax bank to sort you out.

Andersonson

Thanks for beating Maribor last night.

I never had a second team until a few years back when I starting watching Olimpija Ljubljana, as my girlfriend is from there. It’s so different to watching United but good fun. You’re allowed beer in the stands, which still feels like a novelty to me every time I go. Unfortunately the clubs in Slovenia always seem to be on the verge of bankruptcy and Milan Mandaric is the current owner, so you can imagine how that is going.
No problem! :D Lets hope we beat Zagreb next!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Did you lads end up going last weekend? I was going to go but something else came up and I couldn't. Tickets were only £20 which looked decent (against Stoke). What's the atmosphere like and is it worth the trip?
Are you living around London these days or were just down that weekend? If you're around on the 24th for the match against Brentford you can have my ticket since I'll be away.

Superunknown

I've lived in Brighton for 4 years and have been down here in Bournemouth for the last 10. I keep an eye out for both teams, more so Bournemouth. I've managed to go to a few of their games and have been around to witness their rise into the Premier League. Obviously, it doesn't mean as much to me as it does to the people who have grown up here and have seen the club almost go bust, but the atmosphere around the place when they made it to the Premier League was fantastic. It was difficult not to get swept up in that. I've met Josh King, which is also cool for the ex-United link, and he was a great bloke.

Somewhat related: my wife-to-be is Belgian, and so I've also watched plenty of their international games (tv, not at the actual stadiums) and also catch up on any club football when I'm over there. Her father is a KRC Genk (Racing Genk) fan, so I sorta key an eye-out for them. It's an interesting time during international tournaments, especially if England do play Belgium...which they have. :lol:

(it means we have one hell of a conundrum to solve if we ever have kids!)

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Born and bred in Burnley, and they are my first team. Utd are my TV team, as growing up Burnley were down at the bottom end of the football league, barely staying in it at times. So to enjoy the football on the TV it was common for us to support a bigger team that would be on MOTD or on the Sunday football.

If it came down to the last day of the season and Burnley was playing Utd, Utd needed to win to get the title, and Burnley needed to win to avoid relegation, I would be supporting Burnley!

USREDEVIL

Yes; Los Angeles Galaxy (Zlatan's current team). I first started watching soccer again (after having played it as a kid-teen) in early 2000s (not too long after the MLS was up and running). They played at the Rose Bowl which is a huge stadium designed for american "football." Then the LA Galaxy was the first team to create their own European soccer-specific stadium. I was a season ticket holder for a while but got to busy to attend games regularly. Enjoyed some championships with Cobi Jones, then Beckham, then Keane and now we have Zlatan. I don't follow them much anymore since i've kids and limit my time to watching Manchester United and the LA Kings (hockey).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I grew up a stone's throw away from Molineux and the family home is still there so I get to see Molineux when I'm back in Wolves every few months. Great stadium. Tried to get to the games last season. Also have a soft spot for Weston-Super-Mare which is not far from where I live now. Apart from those two, have always had a soft spot for AS Monaco, Atletico Madrid and Besiktas. I would love United to play Besiktas again. We played them in the Champions League about 10 years ago. Their fans are just something else.

Cheshire Red

Supports
Wife and Kids
Yeah Warrington my town, I don’t support them because I’m a United fan but I follow their results loosely. They play FC United next month.

I’m going as a neutral of course. If they ever play united I want Warrington to get battered 10-0
Warrington Town is my second team also. Big investment this season looking good for promotion. But United will always be my first team.