Do you have a second ‘local team’?

Crashoutcassius

Played for reading as a 9 year old and lived close by for 3 years. Reading were not a good side 20 years ago but they had jamie cureton. Don't follow them these days at all but did for a decade or so as they rose up leagues

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Livingston. Been great fun seeing them back in the Scottish top flight.

simon240781

York City my home town team and was gutted when they beat us 0.3 at old trafford

manutddjw

Toronto FC and I’d want united to win.

I was a season ticket holder since the beginning up until 3 years ago. I was actually a horrible fan because at the business end of the Premier League season, if it was a match that had title implications for United, I’d stay home and watch that game instead of going to BMO Field to watch Toronto because the kickoff times would overlap on occasion.

Tingen

FC Copenhagen (Denmark)

We actually played in the group stages of CL back in 2006.

CPH won 1-0 at home. Somewhat lucky. I remember an offside goal being denied in the last minut.

I was rooting for CPH mainly due to:
- Its my local team
- CPH needed the win more than United
- CPH was the underdog
- It was the first time CPH had qualified to the CL
- A win for CPH would mean so much more than a win for United. Basically it was a somewhat forgettable match for United but a massive win for CPH.

Last edited:

AllezLesDiables

Closest local pro club are the SJ Earthquakes. Hate MLS. Strange affinity for Luton Town for no reason other than they missed out on the PL era by being relegated in the last season prior to Div 1 becoming the PL. Then a spectacular fall from grace and they became my FM project.

It’s been a wild ride back to the Championship and hopefully the circle will be completed soon. Conference to PL in less than a decade *fingers crossed*

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
FC Den Bosch, the club I grew up with - as I am from the area. First club I ever followed, first club I ever saw play live, first pro player I met on the pitch was from there... And the club I vowed never to set foot in the stadium again, after the most dire game I ever saw: FC Den Bosch - Excelsior, 648 paying spectators in a 20.000 seater stadium.

Oh, the chances of them ever coming up against Man Utd are virtually non-existant. If it would happen, though, I’d root for the underdog and for nostalgia.

Some other teams I do have a soft spot for (because I lived there), like Union Berlin or Schalke. From some of the other cities where I lived I somewhat dislike the clubs, like FC Köln, or FC Basel, or Ajax. The last one could be down to living in Rotterdam atm.
Sad

Blue Aegean Red

Supports
Kalloni F.C.
Kalloni F.C. Unfortunately we've nosedived down the divisions (helped by some questionable Greek financial 'issues'). From playing the likes of Olympiakos and P.O.A.K etc to local league 4th division in a few short years.
It's going to be a long road back.....

Steve Bruce

Linfield is my local team. Im a full member and have been a season ticket holder for the last 24 seasons.

Tonight Linfield made Irish League history by being the first team to get through to the 4th round.

We did get to the QF of the European Cup in 1967 but that was only 3 rounds in.

Proud night for Linfield and our reward is Qarabag(sp?) which is formidable opponents for us since we're a part time outfit.

Incidently we do have some United connections. Dennis Voilet was a Linfield player at the tender age of 35. Trevor Anderson was our manager in the early 90s and Roy Carroll was our keeper for 3 seasons, last year being his last season.

HaliRed

Halifax Wanderers FC...

Founding member of the inaugural Canadian Premier League...Haven't missed a home match yet, and our fans are known to be the loudest in the league. We regularly sell out our 6200 stadium at Wanderers Grounds, which happens to be where Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run over a 100 years ago!

Lots of Scottish and Irish ex-pats in the crowd, and they usually lead the chants! Though there are a quite a bit of Serbian/Croatian/Greek/Lebanese ancestry fans also...

Love my melting pot city, but I'd be all for United crushing them if they ever played of course!

COYW!

Tel074

Live in Manchester but have a place on the Algarve near Portimao.
Portimonense are now my 2nd team as some of the Portuguese posters on here know....
My dream is for them to play Utd in Europa League but would still want Utd to win.
I've been to see them a few times I bought a place at Oasis Parque 2 years ago if you know it

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Leyton Orient for me. Though it’s all too upsetting to talk about! I’d prefer United to beat them though.

KetilOwren88

Raufoss Fotball in Norwegian OBOS League, one division below the elite division. Henning Berg had some engagement with the club 15-20 years ago. I would always want United to win because that’s where my heart truly lies and always has. It’s a religion...

cfkane

Two teams actually. Sheffield United, because it was my late wife's second team, and Luton Town because of my admiration for Eric Morecambe. Always would want MUFC to win. No exceptions.

Alemar

Dynamo Moscow.

There were the times when this team was a good one (10 times league champion), but the last league was won like 43 years ago, I wasn’t born yet :)

Currently, they fight against relegation or for mid table position for the most part. As such, there is no question Man Utd would have crushed them with any squad. And it’s a shame actually, because there were the times when the greatest goalkeeper Lev Yashin played for Dynamo (the only club he played for, obviously).

If you remember Alex Buttner, there was a season he played for Dynamo after he didn’t make it at Man Utd. But he played even worse and was gone very quickly :)))

Jules_T

Wellington Phoenix in New Zealand.
They play in the Australian A-league.

The season hasn't started yet. Let session they had their best season in a few years.

The coach then resigned and 7 first team players finished their contracts.

So this year Ufuk (seriously) our new manager has a massive challenge.

I'd want United to win but the Phoenix to play well.

It would be a massive mismatch

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I always watch Cambodia play at home, always a great crowd, but the football is appalling! I remember taking my father in law who'd come to visit us to watch Cambodia v Bangladesh, he enjoyed it but reckoned he'd seen higher quality Sunday league on the Downs in Bristol!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Al Wihdah Al Shami :D

I played both football and basketball with them, football as a kid and then basketball until I went to uni, kept going to watch bball games a lot of times, football on fewer occasion since the quality is really really crap.

Now I love United a lot but if they play against my local team I would want my local team to win, they'll never play anyway.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Tromsø IL, the club we just signed Isak Hansen-Aarøen from and sent Adrian Barlow on loan to. Hightlights have been the few times the club has qualified to the EL group stage, so I’ve seen TIL play against Roma, Spurs, Galatasaray, Anzhi (when they were good) and a few other clubs which was very fun. The club developed Morten Gamst Pedersen who I guess most have heard of and is currently playing for TIL now actually.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Al Wihdah Al Shami :D

I played both football and basketball with them, football as a kid and then basketball until I went to uni, kept going to watch bball games a lot of times, football on fewer occasion since the quality is really really crap.

Now I love United a lot but if they play against my local team I would want my local team to win, they'll never play anyway.
:confused:

pastyfool

Linfield is my local team. Im a full member and have been a season ticket holder for the last 24 seasons.

Tonight Linfield made Irish League history by being the first team to get through to the 4th round.

We did get to the QF of the European Cup in 1967 but that was only 3 rounds in.

Proud night for Linfield and our reward is Qarabag(sp?) which is formidable opponents for us since we're a part time outfit.

Incidently we do have some United connections. Dennis Voilet was a Linfield player at the tender age of 35. Trevor Anderson was our manager in the early 90s and Roy Carroll was our keeper for 3 seasons, last year being his last season.
Great result for Linfield. Good luck in the next round.

ship50

Football is not very popular in my country though it is picking up slightly, but the city where I live is football crazy. My local team is Mohun Bagan A.C., a very old football club in Kolkata (city formerly known as Calcutta). Nicknamed as 'The Mariners', the club was established on 15 August 1889 and is one of the oldest clubs in Asia.

Very unlikely but if someday they do play against United , I will be cheering for United all the way.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I watched Stockport County when I was a kid. The first game I saw, George Best was playing.
I watched them quite regularly in the 90's when Bergara was manager and then Dave Jones with Kevin Francis and Andy Preece up front.