Do you place more trust on us or Inter to stop City's treble?

Irwin99

Inter played better than we did but i feel they had more resources at their disposal too. What difference would Martial and Antony have made? probably not enough but both would have been more effective than Sancho and would have been nice options from the bench.

Both us and Inter were heavily reliant on a player coming off the bench to change the game and nicking it. For all his horrible, horrible finishing Lukaku's presence was far more effective than Dzekos, and Garnacho nearly got us a goal. It was always a struggle for both teams though sadly.

Oscar Bonavena

Inter lacked the quality to win tonight but they left everything out on the pitch.

Can our players say the same? Conceding shot goals at the start of each half and pulling out of headers and 50-50 challenges?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Absolutely. More shots and more shots on target than City. They really should have scored at least one in the second half.

EDIT: oh and there was also this

We did pretty well too though tbf, and had more shots.

They were remarkably similar games, though City showed up more vs us than today where they completely shat themselves. We fought back after the random screamer at the start, and then de gea gifted a 2nd goal, but we had the chances to equalize and pushed but similarly to Inter the final ball let us down. Still had the last minute scramble where we hit the bar and the rebound just wouldn't fall right just like they did.

Withnail

We did pretty well too though tbf, and had more shots.

They were remarkably similar games, though City showed up more vs us than today where they completely shat themselves. We fought back after the random screamer at the start, and then de gea gifted a 2nd goal, but we had the chances to equalize and pushed but similarly to Inter the final ball let us down. Still had the last minute scramble where we hit the bar and the rebound just wouldn't fall right just like they did.
The penalty skews that xg quite a bit. Take away 0.7/0.8 and it's fairly even. We did well to reduce City creating chances but they were always ahead. I agree though City seemed very nervy last night. I was also impressed with Inter's pressing. They nearly got in a few times through pressing City high but just didn't have the quality to capitalise.

Mike Smalling

Inter were very unlucky not to score and generally defended quite well. It was just one moment of quality that City needed to score, which they would eventually get, of course. It probably would have come sooner if they had KDB on the pitch for the entire game.

I'd never imagine saying this, but Lukaku should probably have started. Dzeko gave me Weghorst vibes - he simply wasn't able to impact the game. Lukaku would at least have been a handful.

Sgreddevil

Inter did well with the resources they got. On another day they might win it.
The same can't be same about our FA cup tie which was a pretty pathetic performance for most of the game right from start. Literally throwing the game away.

Sylar

I wonder how our game plan would have gone had we not conceded within ten seconds and five minutes of each half