Do you place more trust on us or Inter to stop City's treble?

Irrational.

I'm officially going into hibernation until next season. I don't have any faith in Inter, and the aftermath is going to be unbearable.

Tony Clifton

Apart from the fact Citeh's treble aspirations would've ended yesterday had we beat them, my previous prediction was that if they had lost the FA Cup — it would've surely lead them to also losing the Champions League final. Unfortunately, we didn't do our part.

However. I trusted Inter beating them more than us doing so, even before our match yesterday.

And I still think Citeh will lose the Champions League final. For a few reasons.

The main reason is that I just believe in Inter. Something very few others seem to do.

Forza Inter.

wangyu

Considering I think Inter is a better team than Utd I give them more chances to beat City

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is there anyone outside City fans and the UAE that will be rooting for City?
Almost surprised no United fans on here do. After all, a win for Inter puts them on 4 Champions Leagues and we've only got 3. City's treble doesn't count because they're plastic etc.

A few scousers might want us to not be the only English treble winners.

RoyH1

Almost surprised no United fans on here do. After all, a win for Inter puts them on 4 Champions Leagues and we've only got 3. City's treble doesn't count because they're plastic etc.

A few scousers might want us to not be the only treble winners.
I don't think most of us care about which Italian teams have won more CL's than us. Out of sight and out of of mind.

Good point about the scousers though.

AshRK

A few scousers might want us to not be the only English treble winners.
I will add arsenal fans have also been twerking for City to win

el3mel

Inter will give them a good game but they need a miracle to actually win it. It will just be closer than people think it's gonna be.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:lol: What!?

‘Phew that was a close one, City won the treble but thankfully Inter were stopped from overtaking Utd’s CL trophy count, get in you beauty’.

Alfie092

Either Man City have an off-game, where someone gets sent off after like 10 minutes by giving a penalty away and Lukaku makes it 1-0 from the spot and City then have to play the rest of the game with 10 men. Even then City are so good, I believe City could win a game with 10 men and being 1-0 down.

Or the referee has an absolute stinker of a game in favour of Inter, I just do not see how City do not get the treble from here.

Them getting the treble will hurt massively.

Chipper

Adulterer.
:lol: What!?

‘Phew that was a close one, City won the treble but thankfully Inter were stopped from overtaking Utd’s CL trophy count, get in you beauty’.
Well more than a few people in here were cheering on City for the league for extremely crap reasons. Either nothing they win counts anyway, or that that they didn't like how Arsenal fans behaved online.

If their hate for AFTV and the like was a good enough reason for them to want City to win the league then why not that? If City's trophies don't count then the CL won't either, might as well stop Inter eclipsing us.

I'm not 100% serious of course when I say people will cheer on City to stop Inter getting a 4th, but it was a dig at people like that.

Last edited:

Son

No because City cheat end of the day. It’s football on steroids. Fair sporting achievement is out the window when you face doped up clubs with 2 world class players in every single position.

Arsenal fans loved us getting beat by City which is crazy to me. I was backing Arsenal in the title race but they seem to hate our club.

Gotta give City titles obviously each season. Just hand them the title as we hate the other sides more is utter nonsense.

City’s dominance will end at some point. Probably soon if we are honest you can’t cheat forever and get away with it.

Smaller clubs don’t stay doped up indefinitely and when their sugar daddy’s pull out via corruption charges or quite honestly boredom we’ll ruin them.

Might take a while but United is eternal they are not.

Moriarty

Arsenal fans loved us getting beat by City which is crazy to me. I was backing Arsenal in the title race but they seem to hate our club.
Probably because of Arteta's City connection and the fact that Pep sends them the odd cast-off player.

AlPistacho

Yeah, Ten Hag doesn't have a set way of playing. That's why he couldn't find a way to beat City last time we played them.
Long term ETH. But what I think the poster meant was that right now, Inter can “mourinho” a victory in a one off match. They’ll defend, and look to hit on the break.

As we’ve seen that’s pretty much the only way beat City. But I think ETH with the a few additions is the manager to develop the team that can beat them playing football.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Italian teams tend to be defensive masters, the longer they keep City out the better their chances, if City score early then they'll romp it, if it's 0-0 after 70=75 mins then I'd fancy Inter to win it

Pintu

Well more than a few people in here were cheering on City for the league for extremely crap reasons. Either nothing they win counts anyway, or that that they didn't like how Arsenal fans behaved online.

If their hate for AFTV and the like was a good enough reason for them to want City to win the league then why not that? If City's trophies don't count then the CL won't either, might as well stop Inter eclipsing us.

I'm not 100% serious of course when I say people will cheer on City to stop Inter getting a 4th, but it was a dig at people like that.
There are already 6 others clubs with more CLs. Inter joining this group isn’t the same as Arsenal or Pool catching/closing in the PL.

Pintu

Milan and Juventus fans, probably.
Exactly. A quick search on twitter suggests some of them will root against Inter…

“I tell you very clearly, anyone who doesn't support Manchester City is an Interista or a son of a b***h

often the 2 things coincide as well”

frostbite

It is not possible that all three Italian teams will lose their European finals this year!

Or is it?

cheekybackheel

City doing the treble doesn't bother me so much, records never last forever and are there to be broken, or in Citys case, equalling ours. History will always show we did it first, so I'm not bothered about it.

What boils my piss more though, is that mainstream media right now, especially the ass-kissing BBC, keep talking about City's treble like they are the first team to do it. Even on the radio this morning I heard the words 'unprecedented treble' being used and 'history in the making'. They are using language that makes it look like Sir Alex Ferguson never did it 20yrs ago! Er no...United were the first to do it and everyone else has been trying to emulate it ever since.

Media cnuts.

Licha M

I actually think the best placed teams to beat this lot are the ones who are not afraid to play ugly and shithouse their way through the match from the first whistle. Basically frustrate City.

Inter will be utterly shameless in dropping to 5 at the back, leaving no space to exploit etc. Obviously City are massive favourites, but write off a motivated, tough to play against Italian club with the likes of Barella, Bastoni, Martinez and the threat from Calhanoglu from set-pieces at your peril.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
City doing the treble doesn't bother me so much, records never last forever and are there to be broken, or in Citys case, equalling ours. History will always show we did it first, so I'm not bothered about it.

What boils my piss more though, is that mainstream media right now, especially the ass-kissing BBC, keep talking about City's treble like they are the first team to do it. Even on the radio this morning I heard the words 'unprecedented treble' being used and 'history in the making'. They are using language that makes it look like Sir Alex Ferguson never did it 20yrs ago! Er no...United were the first to do it and everyone else has been trying to emulate it ever since.

Media cnuts.
I don’t live in England so I don’t get/need to listen to all the UK media crap all the time. But even in UK you can just switch off the TV/radio and watch something else. If you go through every crap article and opinion you only have yourself to blame.
But I was curious now so went on the BBC football page. In the build-up thread within a few seconds I found this (K. Walker being interviewed):
"I think when we won the Premier League we didn’t want to talk about the Treble because you’ve still got a game at Wembley against your arch rivals," he told BBC Radio Manchester.

"Now, when that win came, you can’t beat about the bush - it’s there. If us players want to go and be associated with the team of Manchester United [in 1999] we need to take this opportunity.

"Hopefully we can do it and walk out from Istanbul with a beer in our hands celebrating and be Treble winners."

At the same time on their front page there is an article “5 games that won Man United the treble in 1999” with pics of Giggs, Beckham and Ole plastered next to the headline.

What else do you want? Should they show the 99 final rather than the current final tomorrow?

Their success is tainted anyway, I can’t remember the last team going into a CL final with anything close to 115 charges against them. You will need to take this for now. Any decision or potential punishment will take time.

cheekybackheel

I don’t live in England so I don’t get/need to listen to all the UK media crap all the time. But even in UK you can just switch off the TV/radio and watch something else. If you go through every crap article and opinion you only have yourself to blame.
But I was curious now so went on the BBC football page. In the build-up thread within a few seconds I found this (K. Walker being interviewed):
"I think when we won the Premier League we didn’t want to talk about the Treble because you’ve still got a game at Wembley against your arch rivals," he told BBC Radio Manchester.

"Now, when that win came, you can’t beat about the bush - it’s there. If us players want to go and be associated with the team of Manchester United [in 1999] we need to take this opportunity.

"Hopefully we can do it and walk out from Istanbul with a beer in our hands celebrating and be Treble winners."

At the same time on their front page there is an article “5 games that won Man United the treble in 1999” with pics of Giggs, Beckham and Ole plastered next to the headline.

What else do you want? Should they show the 99 final rather than the current final tomorrow?

Their success is tainted anyway, I can’t remember the last team going into a CL final with anything close to 115 charges against them. You will need to take this for now. Any decision or potential punishment will take time.
As you said in your first line, you don't live in England, so what do you know?

And as for 'going through every crap article and opinion...' read my bloody post again. I said I heard it on the RADIO, I wasn't going through anything, it was a radio show and not the only one that's been doing it.

So you found one BBC website with an interview with Kyle walker, big deal. Try living in the UK and avoiding the constant BS being blown up City's arse about doing this treble, as if it's the first time it's been done.

If they do it, it will be even worse and the narrative will be exactly the same. Listen to the wording, the small detail is very important.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
As you said in your first line, you don't live in England, so what do you know?

And as for 'going through every crap article and opinion...' read my bloody post again. I said I heard it on the RADIO, I wasn't going through anything, it was a radio show and not the only one that's been doing it.

So you found one BBC website with an interview with Kyle walker, big deal. Try living in the UK and avoiding the constant BS being blown up City's arse about doing this treble, as if it's the first time it's been done.

If they do it, it will be even worse and the narrative will be exactly the same. Listen to the wording, the small detail is very important.
This all sounds very weird to me. If it annoys you so much, just switch off the radio. “Try living in the UK”. I am there regularly as I have family there (in London). When I am there I don’t hear anything about City. My family don’t even know they are in the final.
You sound like if you live in the UK you have no choice but to listen 24 h to City propaganda.

Oscar Bonavena

I don't think Inter are a better team than United but I think they'll be more obstinate than us. I don't think they'll concede early (certainly not after 13 seconds!) and I don't they'll give City any joke goals like we regularly do. Their gk is a lot better than ours for a start, that'll help them.

colombianmancunian

Currently it is tied, De Bruyne is injured and Majin Buu is nullified. Come on Inter, you can pull it off!

sugar_kane

If we played with the same heart, energy and focus that Inter played with tonight we would have stopped City’s treble ourselves

KeanoMagicHat

Both teams ended up relying on Weghorst or Lukaku to score when push came to shove. Depressing.

RedDevilRoshi

Both teams ended up relying on Weghorst or Lukaku to score when push came to shove. Depressing.
This although the chances Lukaku missed tonight were absolutely criminal. I can’t remember Weghorst squandering as clear cut chances as Lukaku did tonight.

Inter did better than we did.

Kopral Jono

It boiled down to this, unfortunately. Both us and Inter played just about well enough to snatch an unlikely win but sheer lack of depth and quality became the telling factor.