Do you place more trust on us or Inter to stop City's treble?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Inter obviously. They have a set way of playing. They have got some talent and Lukaku/Dzeko can hold up the ball and contest for long balls which Real Madrid failed to do utterly.
Yeah, Ten Hag doesn't have a set way of playing. That's why he couldn't find a way to beat City last time we played them.

Fully Fledged

Can we stop talking about City for feck sake.

Who was the first person to circumnavigate the globe? Ferdinand Magellan. Everybody knows him he had the most important natural sea route between the Atlantic Ocean and The Pacific Ocean named after him(if you disregard the fact that the indigenous people probably had a name for it before he got there). Now who was the second person? Some bloke named Drake that nobody has ever heard of.
Being second to achieve something doesn't carry the same gravitas as being the first to do it.

redIndianDevil

Yeah, Ten Hag doesn't have a set way of playing. That's why he couldn't find a way to beat City last time we played them.
Inter always seem to defend first and then counter attack. We are a mish mash of trying to attack, park the bus at the moment. We show this especially in big games where we are supposed to play equally well but we are not capable of it at the moment. So we have the tendency of dominating for some time and reverting to absolutely parking it towards the end. Inter are comfortable at giving the ball to the opponents and wait for breaks. That's what I meant by us not having a set way of playing

McTerminator

Neither, accept their treble.

We can just hope it’s stripped immediately after due to the massive cheating/financial doping.

Infra-red

City are obviously massive favourites in each game (have we ever been 5/1 odds to win in any final we've competed in?). I think the onus is on us, unfortunately.

Remember the geese

Definitely us. I think that City will play like a better version of Brighton, but we will find a way to scramble through to pens. Then, when all hope is lost (De Gea gets nowhere near saving any), Mahrez plays the role of Solly March.

Last edited:

croadyman

Inter look a bigger goal threat, seem to have players with more grit than us and have peaked at the business end of the season. Inzaghi seems to love a good cup run too. Very difficult to conceive us winning considering how poor we've been of late.
Yeah plus the fact his brother was in team that lost in Istanbul to the scousers in 2005

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We'll lose by less - City will get a couple of goals, then rest for the trip to Turkey

padzilla

Hipster
Unless the FA charges against City are announced in the next few weeks I can't see anything derailing them at the minute.

davidmichael

The fact that Darmian is a regular centre back for them, Mhkitaryan is a regular midfielder for them and Lukaku starts regularly for them says everything I need to know about Inter and I’d be surprised if City don’t beat them by three goals.

Us on the other hand have beaten City this season and when we’re at our best are a match for them, City have now got three games between now and the final with an eye also on the CL final so could be tired and distracted whereas it means much more to us than them so that potential desire could be enough for us.

Belisarius

The fact that Darmian is a regular centre back for them, Mhkitaryan is a regular midfielder for them and Lukaku starts regularly for them says everything I need to know about Inter and I’d be surprised if City don’t beat them by three goals.

Us on the other hand have beaten City this season and when we’re at our best are a match for them, City have now got three games between now and the final with an eye also on the CL final so could be tired and distracted whereas it means much more to us than them so that potential desire could be enough for us.
That's the key. If I was putting odds on each I would estimate:

Cheaters are 60 / 40 favourites to beat us in the FA Cup
Cheaters are 80 / 20 favourites to beat Inter in Champions league final.
Cheaters are 98 / 2 favourites to beat Arsenal for the league.

Therefore odds of Cheaters winning the treble are = 0.6 x 0.8 x 0.98 = 47%.

There is still a decent chance they will be stopped somehow. Most likely by us.

Evonomist

Supports
AC Milan

Who was the first person to circumnavigate the globe? Ferdinand Magellan. Everybody knows him he had the most important natural sea route between the Atlantic Ocean and The Pacific Ocean named after him(if you disregard the fact that the indigenous people probably had a name for it before he got there). Now who was the second person? Some bloke named Drake that nobody has ever heard of.
Being second to achieve something doesn't carry the same gravitas as being the first to do it.
I’d argue Ghenghis Khan is more well known than Alexander the Great, both being conquerors.

Andersonson

Nothing would be better than we ruining for them. City will be tired as well.

We have a fair chance if we turn up

Yakuza_devils

I think both Inter and us have a chance to beat City in a final. Both club are known to be capable of very high quality counter attacking football which is the weakness in City game.

If we go toe to toe with City we will get completely destroyed. If we play defensively and frustrate them with counter attacking football we have a chance.

City will play high and leave a huge gap behind. Any team that can exploit the gap will beat City. But we must play ugly and defend deep. We must be patient and focus to create rapid counter attack.

In final anything can happen. Red card, injury, luck and etc all play a part.

Zed 101

The return of Garnacho is huge for us, either gives a player who can impact from the bench or allows us to play Rashford as a CF so we do not have to waste a spot on Martial or Weghorst, if only we could get Martinez back.... in reality I think we will be lucky to get out of the final with any respect, with De Gea and Lindelof potentially at the back

BerryBerryShrew

Magellan died before he could complete the circumnavigation so the the first to complete it was actually the guy who took over as captain of the voyage after Magellan snuffed it - a guy called Elcano.

I'm not sure how that ties in with your treble analogy though!

RyRy11

If we actually turn up then I think we'd give them a game at least. It's hard to know what United side will show up but if its anything like we've been playing for the past 2/3 months then we will be embarrassed.

Dannn411

Neither. They are going to win the treble. Just make peace with it and move on with your life.

Siorac

Magellan died before he could complete the circumnavigation so the the first to complete it was actually the guy who took over as captain of the voyage after Magellan snuffed it - a guy called Elcano.

Well, our own captain didn't make it to the CL final and got injured early on in the FA Cup final. Roy Keane = United's Magellan, basically. Except he didn't die.

Fully Fledged

I was a bit of a joke the fact that everybody knows who Francis Drake is should prove that I was talking lounge in cheek.

Herman Toothrot

Us. 100%. We beat them a few months ago, the same players should all be available and it's our biggest game of the season by a million miles. Why would we not have a chance?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
We are a better team than people are giving us credit. Consistency was our issue and not ability.

This new 5 defenders and 5 attackers people are so busy drooling over as revolutionary will be exposed by us because Pep knows he will have to tinker with to handle our attack.

I strongly fancy us to beat City in the finals.

Lost bear

Watch them lose on sunday against the Chavs.

KDB twisted ankle.

Brighton school them on wednesday, and Haaland red carded for the FA cup final.

Brentford beats them on Sunday with Rodri hamstring.

Lose the title to Arsenal.
Lose the FA cup final to us.
And Inter beat them on pens.

Watch this space.
Your name is well chosen!

Todd

Neither, but I think Inter have a better chance.

We're in poor form lately, while Inter are in pretty great form. They don't concede goals as easily as we do. They have strikers that can score goals.

Of the two I think Inter will make it more difficult for City, but even then I don't think they can stave off City's attack for 90min.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
City will get the treble, but Uniteds will be more impressive because of the lack of financial doping

Loon

:lol:
I don't know about more trust, but I hope we put up a proper fight. Need Fergie to give them a team talk.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Neither. You’re both disastrously bad sides and city are currently an all-destroying cyborg.

Saying that, we beat an arguably equivalent Milan side (in terms of quality of personnel when comparing to city’s current first 11) with a turd side probably inferior to this inter side in a CL final, so I suppose anything is possible with a bit of luck in a one off game.

ScholesyTheWise

Can't the mods ban people who keep opening City-related threads? ffs.

(us, to answer the question. but we'll lose)

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Can't the mods ban people who keep opening City-related threads? ffs.

(us, to answer the question. but we'll lose)
No, because the more of these threads we have, the more we can point out how the fecking Cnuts and their bald Cnut fraud coach have cnut-doped their way to glory using the blood of migrant workers as capital.