Do you place more trust on us or Inter to stop City's treble?

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I am going to go super positive here and predict Inter to win 1-0 with an early goal off Big Rom's arse and they then defend like maniacs for the rest of the game with Darmian owning Haaland.

Utd will beat City 2-1 in the Cup final with City going 1-0 up and starting to celebrate too early before being turned over with 2 late goals. Nacho with the winner.

But then some say I am delusional, but if this did happen we would weirdly have had as good a season as Liverpool "best in team in the world ever la" last year.

Lee565

Let's be real city have been gifted the treble if they win it, arsenal bottled it and now city can chill in the premier league for the last few games, we on the other hand had a formidable seasoned arsenal side chasing us to the last day of the season because they were not bottlers.

Arsenal then fielded a weak side again city in the fa cup when we had to face a strong arsenal in the semi's of our treble.

Let's not get started on our European Cup run in the treble season compared to city's from the group stages to the final

babablue

No, because the more of these threads we have, the more we can point out how the fecking Cnuts and their bald Cnut fraud coach have cnut-doped their way to glory using the blood of migrant workers as capital.
Unfortunately, to other fanbases, it just looks like bitterness. If we were winning, we wouldn't care as much.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Can we stop talking about City for feck sake.

Who was the first person to circumnavigate the globe? Ferdinand Magellan. Everybody knows him he had the most important natural sea route between the Atlantic Ocean and The Pacific Ocean named after him(if you disregard the fact that the indigenous people probably had a name for it before he got there). Now who was the second person? Some bloke named Drake that nobody has ever heard of.
Being second to achieve something doesn't carry the same gravitas as being the first to do it.
Everyone fecking remembers Francis Drake.

The fecker brought back potatoes from Latin America and without him we wouldn’t have gourmet delicacies like gnocchi or McDonald’s fries, or obesity, or type 2 diabetes.

JuriM

Both games are on neutral ground & we have already beaten them. Ball is round & the game starts at 0-0.

ScholesyTheWise

No, because the more of these threads we have, the more we can point out how the fecking Cnuts and their bald Cnut fraud coach have cnut-doped their way to glory using the blood of migrant workers as capital.
Might as well turn the skin of the site to sky blue, with little drops of red.
No need for 17 threads about City to write that they're cheaters for 17 times.
This much should be obvious to anyone who foams at the mouth watching them.

All that being said,
it doesn't negate the fact that Pep is an absolutely brilliant manager and that the peak level of his teams (at Bayern not so much) is remarkable.
I take pleasure in knowing that he does what he does so well at this soulless excuse of a club.
Hated his Barca side much more than I hate City.

Even this - complimenting the cnut - could be limited to 1-2 threads.

pauldyson1uk

If Iam being honest, neither.
If City play like they have been doing, neither of us stand a chance.
BUT they are Finals and we have seen many Finals over the years that dont go the way we expect them to, hopefully it will be us that stops them.

Fully Fledged

The fecker brought back potatoes from Latin America and without him we wouldn’t have gourmet delicacies like gnocchi or McDonald’s fries, or obesity, or type 2 diabetes.
I was a bit of a joke the fact that everybody knows who Francis Drake is should prove that I was talking lounge in cheek.
I think they are both pretty big names. I would argue that Francis Drake is better known in the UK than Magellan is though. I wasn't being serious.

El Jefe

Inter.

They don't have a manager that is likely to start Eriksen in midfield.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Might as well turn the skin of the site to sky blue, with little drops of red.
No need for 17 threads about City to write that they're cheaters for 17 times.
This much should be obvious to anyone who foams at the mouth watching them.

All that being said,
it doesn't negate the fact that Pep is an absolutely brilliant manager and that the peak level of his teams (at Bayern not so much) is remarkable.
I take pleasure in knowing that he does what he does so well at this soulless excuse of a club.
Hated his Barca side much more than I hate City.

Even this - complimenting the cnut - could be limited to 1-2 threads.
This thread is more about us and Inter, though.

NoPace

Probably us because Varane and Casemiro have done this sort of thing before and inter’s midfield seems to be composed entirely of 10s

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
United are a far superior side to Inter, so United.

Inter are the worst CL finalists in my lifetime.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Both. Come on inter. Come on, United. Bald man leading money-doped nation-state frauds; robot terminator etc, kindly get fecked.

Siorac

This new 5 defenders and 5 attackers people are so busy drooling over as revolutionary will be exposed by us because Pep knows he will have to tinker with to handle our attack.
:lol: that was a good laugh, thanks.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Us, but maybe we can kick them around a bit so they have a few players out injured for when they play Inter?

We could soften them up for them.

Toblerone92

Well Inter don’t field a team of complete fannys like we do so I’d back then over us any day.

justsomebloke

Inter doesn't stand a chance. We probably don't either. Except of course anything can happen in a game of football.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Inter have the better chance as they will be better at sitting back and countering them. The only tactic that hurts City and even that doesn't always work obviously.

ETH will once again try to play football out from the back and it will be music to their ears. We will lose 3 or 4 nil

Siorac

Ah well deferring opinions.
Oh I genuinely thought you were joking.

We scored 51 goals in 35 league games. Our attack really doesn't need a special plan. He didn't have to tinker to stop Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern, or Real Madrid - and these teams all have much more potent attacks than we do.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Neither. You’re both disastrously bad sides and city are currently an all-destroying cyborg.

Saying that, we beat an arguably equivalent Milan side (in terms of quality of personnel when comparing to city’s current first 11) with a turd side probably inferior to this inter side in a CL final, so I suppose anything is possible with a bit of luck in a one off game.
I tend to agree with this. It's not so much about whom to trust to cause an upset, since we either of us will need 90 minutes (or more) of football during which everything will go wrong for City and well for either us or Inter.

Your luck in 2005 revolved around Milan's complacency. They had believed, at half-time, that they had the final all wrapped up. The same thing had happened to them a year before against Deportivo. They visited Riazor to protect a 4-1 lead, only to find themselves three goals down by the end of the first-half. They couldn't even produce a decent reaction in the second half, probably because they hadn't prepared themselves mentally for anything more other than a stroll in the park. And tbf, there was always something languid about that Milan side. The privilege of oozing class, i guess. Sadly, i think that City will be fired up for these two finals. Pep seems to be very cautious, alert and prepared for any eventuality, after having been eliminated in the CL with Bayern Munich/City in every way imaginable (from being just unlucky to getting trashed). And you also have an organization bought and developed to match and/or surpass United's achievements. I believe it was Kompany years ago who voiced their mission statement.

Nevertheless, i think there's a chink in Pep's armour. His teams look most vulnerable right after they have conceded. I don't know why that is, but i've noticed this with Pep's sides. Perhaps, it's the product of their dominance on the ball. It's expected of them to be in total control, no matter the opponent. So, when they go a goal behind (which is a rarity), it takes some time for the players to get going again. There's an open window there, i believe, when they're on the ropes and you can throw some punches at them. Get a second goal, and then try to hold on.

spiriticon

Us. If we can't do the job ourselves, I guess we can't really moan about City's treble.

Doodah

Have you seen our last few games? It'll be a cricket score.

Maticmaker

'One-off' games are always special in that both teams really only have what they come to game with on the day, what they have done in previous games means nothing, on the day.

If however if we do take previous games as a measure then City should have no trouble with either us or Inter, the only question for City is could they, if needs be, win both games with a below par performance, and that is what both United and Inter have to hope for, plus both us and Inter players need have their game of the season, if not the game of their lives.

Winning the PL proves City's durability and overall performance, but its a long distance race, with time to put things right if needs be, which it could be argued they have already done. Both Finals are however 'sprints' in comparison. Going first might help us in that City just might be holding something back for the CL final and we get and take whatever chances come our way. For City going second with possibly a treble at sake, might help Inter, in that it ups the anti even further.

There is a management saying to players before such games which is .... don't leave anything on the pitch. For ETH that has to be his final message as his players leave the dressing room at Wembley.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Oh I genuinely thought you were joking.

We scored 51 goals in 35 league games. Our attack really doesn't need a special plan. He didn't have to tinker to stop Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern, or Real Madrid - and these teams all have much more potent attacks than we do.
I hear you.

Just hold a different interpretation to what I’ve seen this season and how it’s bound to play out in this finals.

Abraxas

Similar I would say.

I think we are a slightly better team than Inter if we show up, but the CL is by far the bigger occasion compared to an FA Cup. More opportunity for Pep to do something silly or some individual mistakes to creep in.

Rojofiam

Obviously, either would be big upsets as things stand.

However, the way some people talk about it as if City's treble was a certainty...go put your money where your mouth is, you can get around 1.65 on City winning the treble at the bookies.

Ace Krampus

I guess the question is, would you rather die of diarrhea like Drake or get chopped to bits like Magellan

Giggsy13

Inter. Unfamiliar opponent for city who could surprise them. Underrated in terms of their midfield and genuine quality up top with Martinez.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Inter because they've fecked up at this stage of the CL before and will be nervous.

They'll probably win both though.

Denis79

Obviously, either would be big upsets as things stand.

However, the way some people talk about it as if City's treble was a certainty...go put your money where your mouth is, you can get around 1.65 on City winning the treble at the bookies.
Jesus only 1.65 for winning 2 finals? feck me...

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
If City Thrashed Bayern and Real Madrid then they are clear favorites vs anyone else. United is a far better team than Inter but I think vs such a creative team it's probably better to play catenaccio than trying to beat them at their game.