Do you still buy United kits? (Or any other United merchandise)

AUnitedOpinion

I have the 16/17 away top and a couple of the shirts in the 2000's era.

The Chevrolet badge just seems to ruin our nice kits, so probably won't get one for a while.

overtheborder

I don't, although to be honest would possibly consider it with a rebrand i.e. the green and gold stuff becoming standard etc as opposed to just a "phase" or representation of alternative culture.

Fredrik.A

I bought my first shirt since the 07/08 season and thats just because I've become to fat for my old one :(

vidic blood & sand

Haven't bought a shirt for two years now. The latest one looks like a Pyjama top. Horrible.
£50 - £60 for this shite? Must be joking!

BrianLy

I hadn't gotten anything in years, until I got hold of the newest Cold Feet DVDs. I commented to my wife about a jacket that Adam (James Nesbitt) was wearing. Lo and behold, a few days later she gave me something very similar as a present. I was as chuffed I was when my gran used to get me United kits back in the early 90s.

The quality of some of the items seems be much poorer these days as the prices have skyrocketed. I suspect I'd get kits for my kids, but then whinge about the prices. I do however think there is a better opportunity than ever for independent artists to produce clothing which is a bit more subtle that I think I'd wear now that I'm older.

JoaquinJoaquin

If you give money to the Glazers by buying shirts and merchandise from the club shop you have no right to complain about the state we are in.

I buy all our our shirts from Thailand, so I can support the club and not give a penny to those parasites.

oldgrumpyred

No, used to buy one every season until about 6 seasons ago. Can't see me restarting again the way things are being run.

lysglimt

Scout
I must admit I try to pick up all United-shirts - but usually wait until I can get them cheaper from Adidas' homepage. But mostly because I love training in them - play tennis and football 3-4 times a week.

And I have something of a collective spirit … so I probably have about 50 United-shirts

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I got the 98 retro zipper for myself this season for the game at Cardiff.

I buy kits for my 2 year old and will continue to.

SirAF

Ageist
No. Not because I’m boycotting or anything, simply because I’m too old for that now.

That said, I collect cup winning final shirts, but they are obviously not worn.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s been 11 years since I bought a Utd shirt, probably a further 3-4 years before that it was official merchandise.

Football shirts in general are mostly ugly to wear and don’t really fit with the rest of what I wear.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Got gifted a NT one a couple of years ago which is the only one I've gotten since legally becoming an adult. Don't see the need in buying overpriced merchandise tbh. Maybe if they would look proper nice I'd consider it.

Josep Dowling

I collect them. I have every single home, away and third from 1992 to last season in brand new condition. Except for the 1992/93 blue away shirt which I simply can’t find in that condition.

No Love

I collect them. I have every single home, away and third from 1992 to last season in brand new condition. Except for the 1992/93 blue away shirt which I simply can’t find in that condition.
Fair play. That’s pretty cool, man. When I hear things like this, it makes me lament the fact that I don’t collect anything with any great conviction.

Red For Ever

Nothing wrong with my original George Best shirt.
Just shrunk a bit after all these years.

mancave bear

I will buy my next shirt when the Glazers have spent properly, so we can win the title.

Stepney73

The last one I bought was the first AON one(I was in turkey around 2010 and got it for about £15).

Too many changes and too much greed these days.

The current sponsor logo has to be the worst of the lot.

Josep Dowling

That must have cost a bomb and take up loads of room.
Yes and yes. I use to sell classic football shirts so built up much of the collection whilst doing that. It was only after a few years I started making it into a United collection. I probably have about 200 football shirts, some non-United stuff as well.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not bought a kit since Chevy were on board. Too ugly.

I buy United related tees and stickers though. But not from the club. Redbubble has a few great designs.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Will buy another one once we get rid of the awful Chevy logo. Honestly just been waiting for that. If only they had used the blacked out bow tie some cars come with from the factory.. .

Rauður Djöfull

Have this seasons and the one from before but bought neither

Am gonna have to buy that purple goalkeeper kit this season for sure, looks awesome and I used to be a keeper so...

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This will admittedly sound a bit prideful, but I don't like the idea of wearing clothes with another man's name on my back. I know. It's a pointless distinction but it still bothers me. :lol:

There is certainly nothing wrong with other people wearing it at any age and I could just buy a blank one. I prefer national team jerseys tbh.

manutddjw

I’ve bought at least 1 every year since 2000 when they became available to me in Canada.

I did stop buying from the official United store in 2016 and have no intentions of ever buying from them again. My choice has nothing to do with the Glazers and everything to do with quality. Since LVG’s first season, I found the kits peel within a year of wearing it. Kits I’ve boughten from Ali Express and now DH Gate are actually better quality than the official merchandise.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I buy them for my 7 year old nephew who to be fair is down with United being crap the last few years and is still supporting them with me. he’s footbal mad. It’s totally replaced kids shows for him. His favourite utd player is dan James which is gas. I reckon he’s a lifetime supporter now though, hooked another one lads!

I think new football jerseys look weird on older guys unless it’s a final or something? It’s just not cool clothes anymore. I’m 36. Then again some kits still look class these days, maybe Adidas more so but that could just be me. The late 80s Adidas United kit was nice. I have The Umbro blue jersey with the black crest going through it and the green and yellow jersey somewhere from around the early 90s. They still look really cool to me. The Chevrolet logo is stink.

westley

I often buy United kits, training clothings and other merchandises (baseball caps, scarves...). This year I had bought 1 replica shirt, 1 player issue shirt :D.