Do you still watch when we're 3-0 down?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Watch until the end. But at some point - like the City 1-6 match, I become weird and wish we concede more and more in some hope that the repercussions are severe

stu_1992

Yeah I've never turned off a game no matter how bad its been. I'm probably in some what of a mood for a bit anyway so why not just with it so it doesn't carry over to the next thing. Not that I'm childish and throwing my toys out of the pram, it wears off fairly quick.

My usual ritual is to watch right through until our manager has spoken. Well I mainly tune out the program after and spend most of my time on here until thr manager is speaking. That's always been a big thing for me, probably because I grew up idolising Fergie!

Saffron

To be fair if you read the responses here it’s quite mixed. And I think all the replies here are fair.

The question in my OP specifically for when we’re 3-0 down. Please don’t try and twist that.
You’re right, sorry about that.

To answer your question, yes I kept watching. Not necessarily out of hope but because I wanted to see how the players reacted. You can tell a lot about a player’s mettle that way.

I was watching on a delay, by about 45 mins. But watching as live, as didn’t know the score, as soon as we went 2-0 down, I switched to the live match, saw it was 3-0 and turned it off.

Kapardin

I think anyone still around after the past six years can quite safely be counted as fans. God damn troopers in fact. The football has been so shocking for so long. As you said, barca werent even that good. Its just that we were that shit. They sucked me in with starting very well. I though, aye aye, we might be in for a great game here. giving a sliver of hope was fecking evil.
And if someone gets back saying "atleast you are still a top 6 club, not getting relegated etc so following the club isn't a big deal", we can always retort that at some points under LvG and Jose, our football was actually worse to watch than some championship and league one teams, with the managers adding to the dour atmosphere.

Red00012

Left Nou Camp @ 70th minute ,it was more the fact I didn’t want to be kept behind for 45 mins after the game as much as I didn’t want to watch the bang average Utd players.

crossy1686

career ending
I stayed in Old Trafford when we were conceding goals vs City in the 6-1 defeat on my birthday.

Watching this is nothing despite it being over after 20 minutes.
Same. After sticking that game out while being at Old Trafford, nothing is as humiliating or as painful as that result.

MoskvaRed

I was watching in the pub. I started watching Juve vs Ajax.

I’m not even sure I‘ll bother much more while the Glazers and Woodward remain in place. We are no longer a serious football club but we do generate shed loads of cash.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I didn’t bother watching the second half because i had some division rivals games to catch up on on Fifa.

The only other time I really turned off was when we were 3-0 down at home to Chelsea and quickly turned back on later when we made it 3-3. Was hoping i would find something similar had happened last night :(

Cypherage

Even though we have been awful,as of late/for a while,i still cant turn the tv off,even though we are losing,i continue to watch in the hopes that we might get back into the game and score goals even though i know it will not happen,old habbits die hard,regardless off the heap we are faced with at times.

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm watching right now and it hurts a lot. To watch us get played off the park to a mid table team, this could be 4 or 5.

Chairman Steve

To be honest I tuned out after 2-0 today. It’s a great summers day outside and I’d rather get some sun on my face and enjoy a bank holiday Peroni with friends.

So glad I jumped out when I did when I see 4-0 on my phone update. Kudos to those troopers who sat through this. You deserve a few tequila shots on the house to have endured the horseshit in that first 30 minutes.

AgentP

Watch until the end. But at some point - like the City 1-6 match, I become weird and wish we concede more and more in some hope that the repercussions are severe
I have the same feeling today. I want to see how embarrassing it can get.

Robbie Boy

I’ll watch at one and two nil, switch off for three nil and then tune back in for anything over three nil. I’m cool with four nil but something about three nil just gets my goat.

TheReligion

Abusive
Its not the scoreline it's the way we are playing.

I'm not watching now no and that's cause the players don't give a shit.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I turned off the Arsenal game because it was embarrassing. City are a lot better than Arsenal so this is different. United have also at least managed to create decent chances and could have scored so far.

I remember a City match where we should have been down 5-6 goals at HT but ended up winning.

SerenityValley

Ever since we went 2-0 to city in a match in the 90‘s and came back to win 3-2, I almost always put a game off at 2-0. I’m not normally superstitious but any time I don’t put it off, we go on to lose. We usually win when I do.

think we are fecked now though as I wasn’t watching at all.

Member 101269

I’m at the stadium in my usual seats; I’m leaving at 0-4