Do you want Ronaldo to stay or to leave?

Ronaldo

• Stay

Votes: 436 62.0%
  • Leave

Votes: 267 38.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'll imagine this to be quite divisive.

Last edited:

Anduin

If ETH comes in, definitely stay. He will score a ton of goals if the rest will be properly coached at last. See Haller in the Champions League, hardly a world beater.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Leave. I want a new look Utd team and not be forced to play Ronaldo almost every game.

We need to start over next season

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Stay

I want to see what he looks like it a properly coached team, something I assume we'll look like next season under ETH

Skills

Snitch
Stay. Do we want to be the only stain on the storied career of one of the best footballers of all time?

peridigm

Stay of course. We have too many issues that need addressing in other areas. We’ll still sign an attacking player in the summer bit it doesn’t need to be a striker per say.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Stay provided he accepts he wont start every week. Can't see ETH playing a striker that won't engage in any form of pressing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he is happy to be on the bench 2 games a month then he can stay.

He is a phenomenal player but we can't build a team around him starting every game. That's the problem for me.

TsuWave

He's my goat. No United player has ever given me as many happy moments as him. I want him to stay

Manage his minutes, use him sparingly, and have him teach the kids. Like a player-coach type thing. The Garnacho's could learn a lot from him, bout about positioning, movement, attitude and approach to the game. His professionalism is unrivalled and United should tap into it

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He is nowhere near top of the list for those to get pushed out.

Better players around him and better coaching means 30 goals a season from him even now.

Idxomer

Leave.

He has scored goals in patches but even in those games where he's good, you could see clearly the problems he brings.

LInkash

Stay but if I'm being totally honest, if he had a bad game today, I would be saying leave.

jackal&hyde

He is one of the few with both quality and the correct mentality. A must keep.

KeanoMagicHat

Leave please, must move on, but if he had a nice end to the finish to get top 4 it would somewhat help justify giving the biggest wages in the league for one season.

Banat

Not really fair to ask this question while people are still under impression of his hattrick (myself included).

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Honestly, whatever works for ten Hag. Knowing our club's efficiency in the transfer window, he needs to stay.

Pickle85

Stay, provided he's able to accept a little more time on the bench. Saying he should be ditched because we need a clean slate seems to me to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater

Skills

Snitch
This obsession with pressing is a bit strange.

I hope people realise the purpose of pressing is to win the ball back, and once you actually have to score to make it worth it? A bit moot if you can't do the latter

El Jefe

Leave.

He will never accept getting benched or rotated so there's no point even thinking of that in the hypothetical. ETH will want to move to an aggressive pressing system so why would we want a striker up front who can barely run.

This season has been a nice nostalgia trip and farewell tour for Ronaldo but we don't need another season.

rooney2009

We need to move forward as a team from Ronaldo except He accepts to be a squad player which He wont
so thanks and bye Ronnie

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Stay provided he accepts he wont start every week. Can't see ETH playing a striker that won't engage in any form of pressing.
He hasn't started every game this season and we've invariably had worse results when he hasn't

el3mel

Only if he stops being a permanent, undroppable starter. Otherwise, he's not our future.

caid

Stay. We need 2 strikers really and bringing in a cheaper, younger option as an alternative leaves time and money to address other positions in the Summer that need the attention more.
Goals are valuable, even if he offers nothing elsewhere (and hes not all bad really) we'll be able to make use of him. We can look at a more established world class signing next season when hopefully we have a decent midfield and defence behind.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He hasn't started every game this season and we've invariably had worse results when he hasn't
He will be playing for a coach that demands maximum pressure off the ball, no questions and no exceptions. I am not sure he's physically up to it. I think he will spend considerably more time on the bench and I dont think there's anything wrong in that.

OT1214

Stay. Only if he is willing to accept that he won’t be the first name on team sheet for every game.

Andersonson

The club has a mentality issue, there are very few winners in the squad. Getting rid of him and his mentality is stupid. Im pretty sure he demands alot in training

SirMonteyne

I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30+ next season under a better coach, ETH has to rotate him in order to get his best out. Like SAF said, having young and experienced players in a team is the key to success. He is the most experienced player today and has a good influence on young players.

NewYorkRed

Leave please, must move on, but if he had a nice end to the finish to get top 4 it would somewhat help justify giving the biggest wages in the league for one season.
So your argument is the wages? Really? Do you also complain that the glazers don’t spend money?

Who cares how much the players are paid. The owners can afford it and the players are worth it.

I could also give you an economics lesson on how adjusted for other factors, players like Ronaldo and Messi make up for how high their wages might seem.

Listen, he’s old. He’s not what he once was. He’s also a serial winner (we have no others in this time, and trust me that counts for a lot in a dressing room) and scored 20 goals in a frankly horrible side. Maybe he shouldn’t start 38 games in the league. But he should absolutely stay. We would be idiots to let him go.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Leave. I want to see the team play as a team and I want us to build for the mid to long term.

PSV

Probably a head vs heart situation, problem is I don't know what either wants.

OL29

I voted leave as we need to start building for the future but if he was happy to be back up then I’d love him to stay, he could be a real asset with his goal poaching.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s hard to say leave on a day like today but Tuesday might make it a little easier. We still need someone who can pose a threat to a team like Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.