Do you want to see Pep at United?

Kylar Stern

The only time I want to see Pep at United is in the tunnel at OT kicking off with Mourinho after losing to us following a dubious red card decision.

Bald cnut.

crossy1686

career ending
Nope, no thanks, I would not want a City cast off at my club thank you very much.
This. If we were to ever entertain the idea of hiring him it he'd be a City reject. Plus, he's an insufferable bald cnut. Everyone was worried about Mourinho's antics but Pep's the one fighting with other managers on the touchline, charging down the tunnel putting hands on people, then being a prickly cnut with the media afterwards.

Imagine Mourinho did that? There'd be a lynch mob at his door the next day.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No...Pep is tainted now. I like his playing style and when it comes time to replace Jose I would like an attack minded manager but I would rather have someone who is looking for the long term and who will appreciate our philosophy of blooding youth into our first team from the academy. THis run of having an academy player in the first team has been going for over 80 years. I could see that streak ending with someone like Pep in charge...

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-homegrown-players-in-every-senior-squad.aspx

Munkehboi

Cant beat Wigan pfft wasteman!

Seriously that ship has longed sailed. Defo do not want to see him manage us. I can imagine all the crap you'd hear like "Pep is turning Utd into his amazing City side" and "I think his City team was better than his Utd side". No thank you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wonder what would happen to Smalling if Pep becomes our manager.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
I would want someone that could beat Wigan as our next manager after Josè!:D:D

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
No...Pep is tainted now. I like his playing style and when it comes time to replace Jose I would like an attack minded manager but I would rather have someone who is looking for the long term and who will appreciate our philosophy of blooding youth into our first team from the academy. THis run of having an academy player in the first team has been going for over 80 years. I could see that streak ending with someone like Pep in charge...

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-homegrown-players-in-every-senior-squad.aspx
With a club like us you can love the club and wanted to stay for 30 years and still got the boot if you dont win in 3.

We need winners first, then they can stay. Moyes would love to stay with us even in relegation battle.

RedBrickWall

For Pep to come to United,his chihuahua Ballague would come to for that reason I’m out, he’s also a bellend.

Lentwood

This City team on paper are certainly not great. Great from an individual point of view is Real Madrid, Barcelona or PSG. City are not that when you look at what their players achieved throughout their careers. He also did not replace the whole team. In fact out of their most consistent starting eleven, only Ederson, Walker and Sané arrived at the club after him, that's hardly overhauling the whole team.
Stones? Gundogan? Gabriel Jesus? Danilo? Mendy? All Pep signings. Yes some of those players have had injury problems, but two of Jose's key signings (Pogba and Bailly) have had injury problems this year

Add to that the fact that Ederson is his 2nd go at signing at keeper?

Add to that the fact that Laporte has just come in for another £60m and will likely be a regular?

Add in spending £50m on a player (Bernardo Silva) he knew full well would be a back up?

I find it difficult to see how anyone can try and argue that isn't a squad overhaul. Let's not forget, some of the lads he inherited (Kompany, KdB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling) are not too shabby either!!!

And finally....lest we all forget.....City finished 4th and won nothing in Guardiola's first season, despite arguably having the strongest or at least second strongest playing squad in the league

I would be fascinated to see how Pep would have got Fellaini, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Janujaz and Rooney playing fantasy football

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
With a club like us you can love the club and wanted to stay for 30 years and still got the boot if you dont win in 3.

We need winners first, then they can stay. Moyes would love to stay with us even in relegation battle.
I don't think that would be the case if the manager was playing the right way and doing things the United way...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes it would be, anyone thinking otherwise would be living in a fantasy.

it's all good people complaining about dour football, but the same person will probably still complain if we play good and lost
I'm just stating my opinion. You're stating fact. Guess you must know something I don't...

DSG

Always hated Pep. Never want him here. I think his tactic of innocuous fouls high up the pitch before teams can break is against the spirit of the game. It's a cheap tactic. The man has no honor. I suppose his fanboys would argue that he's smart because he's taking advantage of the rules. I say he is a gutless, spineless sore loser who at times acts like a child.

Denis79

Always hated Pep. Never want him here. I think his tactic of innocuous fouls high up the pitch before teams can break is against the spirit of the game. It's a cheap tactic. The man has no honor. I suppose his fanboys would argue that he's smart because he's taking advantage of the rules. I say he is a gutless, spineless sore loser who at times acts like a child.
Oh how I agree with you, forgot to add two-faced.

Samrat Mazumdar

Haters gonna hate. At the end Pep and City would have the PL trophy in May and we will still be losing to Huddersfield and Newcastle and Pogba would be playing in a midfield 2. I think we need an attackingg coach like quickly get over the disappointments from 2012 onwards

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Stones? Gundogan? Gabriel Jesus? Danilo? Mendy? All Pep signings. Yes some of those players have had injury problems, but two of Jose's key signings (Pogba and Bailly) have had injury problems this year

Add to that the fact that Ederson is his 2nd go at signing at keeper?

Add to that the fact that Laporte has just come in for another £60m and will likely be a regular?

Add in spending £50m on a player (Bernardo Silva) he knew full well would be a back up?

I find it difficult to see how anyone can try and argue that isn't a squad overhaul. Let's not forget, some of the lads he inherited (Kompany, KdB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling) are not too shabby either!!!

And finally....lest we all forget.....City finished 4th and won nothing in Guardiola's first season, despite arguably having the strongest or at least second strongest playing squad in the league

I would be fascinated to see how Pep would have got Fellaini, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Janujaz and Rooney playing fantasy football
Spon on, buddy

RMD83

No never now can’t stand the love he gets on here from United fans.
Love? You mean people who are open minded enough to acknowledge that he is clearly a very good manger even though he manages city. I’m sure nobody on here wants him to be successful at city.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I don't think Sir Alex would let Pep manage United because then he would no longer be the greatest manager in the club's history
Hehehe.
This poster got banned.

It's funny that he thinks that Pep is "greater" than SAF.
If he is reading this, let me say this: SAF won more trophies with MUFC, than Pep has in his entire managerial career.
I will also add that for Pep to become the greatest manager for MUFC, he'd needs to join us, then win an untold number of league titles.
And let's not forget: Pep does not like to join difficult projects. He wants an easy ride. He wouldn't join Porto or Inter Milan (like Jose did). And he wouldn't join MUFC, a club that has not won the title in a while.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Love? You mean people who are open minded enough to acknowledge that he is clearly a very good manger even though he manages city. I’m sure nobody on here wants him to be successful at city.
I think we come from different generations.
In my time, you never ever covet the manager of your closest rival. That's a big no-no.
This also used to apply to players, though this has changed a lot.
Do people remember the uproar created when Moyes declared that "MUFC aspire to play like MCFC"?

Another example: when Bill Shankley was LFC manager, MUFC fans would not compliment him and say, "I wish he managed us". It just wouldn't happen.
Similarly, with Matt Busby was MUFC manager, LFC fans would not beg him to join their club.

Pep made his choice, by joining MCFC.
Jose made his choice, by joining MUFC.
And neither of these managers will be joining the other club anytime soon, for reasons I explained above.

I am very happy that we got Jose and have no wish to ever see Pep managing us.
What I do want to see is Jose beat Pep and send him into a sabbatical...just as he did when he beat Pep to the title in Spain, which resulted in Pep quitting Barcelona.

fergies coat

He’s a very good manager when he’s got a ton of cash to spend. Could he manage Aberdeen and win a European trophy? He’s taken the easy option every time he’s Moved club.

The Firestarter

This. If we were to ever entertain the idea of hiring him it he'd be a City reject. Plus, he's an insufferable bald cnut. Everyone was worried about Mourinho's antics but Pep's the one fighting with other managers on the touchline, charging down the tunnel putting hands on people, then being a prickly cnut with the media afterwards.

Imagine Mourinho did that? There'd be a lynch mob at his door the next day.
:lol:

RMD83

He’s a very good manager when he’s got a ton of cash to spend. Could he manage Aberdeen and win a European trophy? He’s taken the easy option every time he’s Moved club.
We will never know. He started at the top due to his ties with Barca. I doubt after that he would feel the need to go mange a club of Aberdeen’s level just so rival fans couldn’t use it as ammunition against him. What fergie did with Aberdeen was astonishing, debatably more impressive than what he achieved at united. But that doesn’t have to be the sole measuring stick of what makes a great manger. I agree he has taken jobs where he has a clear advantage and I doubted him before he came to city but he has gone there and oblivious of the money spent, he has imprinted his Barcelona style brand of Football into the club. For that I have to credit him as an excellent coach. But you paint the picture that anybody who doesn’t slaughter him for spending vast sums of money and never managing a weaker team somehow “loves” him. Which is a very narrow minded out look.

KristianMackle

Objectively speaking, who wouldn't. But as someone said before, he's tainted. I'm in Camp Mou.

Brightonian

Would have and did, yeah. Although I do think there's something really dislikable about him as a human being, so I can't say I exactly regret that he's not here.

Too late now anyway. What I do want is for Jose to have some success, getting us back up there in terms of challenging for the league every season and hitting the latter stages of the CL, and then move on in favour of someone capable of getting a more 'Manchester United' style of football in place. Yes, he gets us producing it sometimes, but it will never be his go-to approach against the big teams.

For me, the ideal scenario as things stand would be a couple more years of Mourinho and then we nab Pochettino.

RMD83

I think we come from different generations.
In my time, you never ever covet the manager of your closest rival. That's a big no-no.
This also used to apply to players, though this has changed a lot.
Do people remember the uproar created when Moyes declared that "MUFC aspire to play like MCFC"?

Another example: when Bill Shankley was LFC manager, MUFC fans would not compliment him and say, "I wish he managed us". It just wouldn't happen.
Similarly, with Matt Busby was MUFC manager, LFC fans would not beg him to join their club.

Pep made his choice, by joining MCFC.
Jose made his choice, by joining MUFC.
And neither of these managers will be joining the other club anytime soon, for reasons I explained above.

I am very happy that we got Jose and have no wish to ever see Pep managing us.
What I do want to see is Jose beat Pep and send him into a sabbatical...just as he did when he beat Pep to the title in Spain, which resulted in Pep quitting Barcelona.
Interesting well you are possibly older than me. I’m 34 in case you were interested. I wasn’t around to see shankly, busby etc. For a start I have never said that I want pep to be the manager but maybe you are referring to the thread in general and not my post. As for coverting managers of other clubs, mainly rival clubs, again I am not celebrating his success and I’m sure no one on here is. In fact obviously I hope he fails. As for the old mind set of not acknowledging any level of accomplishment outside your own club again it is a narrow minded outlook. I have many friends who are Liverpool fans, they hate united, they hate fergie. But they all accept that united have been the best team in England over the last 20-30 years and they recognise that despite the fact they dislike fergie bitterly, he is clearly a great manager. That shouldn’t be seen as disloyalty towards the club they support but that they have the ability to make an informed opinion based on the evidence at hand as opposed to being penned into a little box refusing to see the world outside it. Again it doesn’t mean you have to like it.