Film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Sylar

Shang chi also had some connectivity through Wong

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I thought the most annoying was the nerfed version of Dr. Strange. He is dumb enough to think he is dreaming until the Chavez girl tells him that it is the multiverse. And then weak enough that he can't even have a proper go at Wanda. This is Dr. Strange who was giving 4 stone Thanos a hard hard time in Infinity War.
In fairness in the same film pre-Scarlet Witch Wanda held off 5 stone Thanos while destroying the mind stone at the same time.

That might be the nerdiest sentence I've ever typed, it's made me feel weird.

Jev

Finally got around to watching this and found it so, so bad. Just incredible bland and dull from the first moment, with absolutely no interesting characters (America Chavez must be the single most boring character in the MCU) and a story that couldn't get me engaged at all. I stopped it after 80 minutes, something I never do with movies. I've been a big fan of the MCU and was surprised by how disinterested I was in this throughout but frankly couldn't find a single saving grace.

Conor

Up there with one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Watched it last night. Wouldn't put it anywhere near "worst movies I've ever seen" not even sure it'd be in the top 3 worst marvel movies (Iron Man 3 would take all 3 spots), but it'd definitely have to go on the list of contenders for 4th.

They just seem to have used magic as an excuse to put in lazy plot devices and give up completely on story building or having any kind of cohesion, and the whole multiverse thing has become too silly too quickly.

I can't even do a list of things that made no sense with this film because the whole thing right from the very first scene is a complete mess, and it's impossible to engage or invest in a film when it starts off by throwing such a level of garbage nonsense at you that its impossible to swallow.

I think the complete waste of the cameo xmen/fantastic 4 was the most annoying part, or possibly that at the end of the film I'm still not sure at all what the actual point of Wandas plan was? She wanted to be with all her children in every universe at the same time or something? How would that work exactly? Where were her children in that universe strange had destroyed then? Feck off

It was basically a 2 hour long rubbish episode of Rick & Morty