Documentary - The United Way

FujiVice

I take it Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho wont be interviewed for this.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Looks good and I love Eric but surely us long time fans, over 50 years in my case, won't see anything new here.
I'm more interested in seeing the success story continue than looking back.

Tiber

Interesting that's it's out around the same time as the fergie one

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Eric Cantona is the most French looking Frenchman in all of history

Love the history of the club, goosebumps for this one

Client6

Looks good and I love Eric but surely us long time fans, over 50 years in my case, won't see anything new here.
I'm more interested in seeing the success story continue than looking back.
May be we won't see anything new here but maybe, just maybe, this documentary offers a fresh perspective to each and every one of us and allows us to redefine what it means to be a United fan.

I am a sucker for history in general, and I've got all day to listen to football history. I am not from Manchester, hell, I am not even from Europe but I have been fortunate enough to visit Old Trafford (and Stamford Bridge, for that matter) and you can just imagine what a football club means to the locals - people with houses that are a stone's throw away from the stadium walls. You can imagine when there wasn't even a stadium but maybe just a patch of grass tended to and made match-ready by the people living around.

Totally understand football is not just what it once was - it has become a global sport with billions of dollars and greedy owners - but somewhere in there, a part of what football once was still exists.

The fact that some sections of the global United fanbase were pretty upset when United refused to pay through the nose for Sancho feels ridiculous when you see how United did NOT furlough the staff (~900) and kept them on full pay during COVID-19 (thankfully, the Glazers showed that much decency).

Client6

Just wanted to add to my previous post after looking at the "treatment of Rashford" thread:

What he is doing politically at his age, how far he has come and from where, how much he puts in on the pitch - there's an essence of "The United Way" in that.

It is sickening to think he has suffered racist abuse from "United fans" because United didn't win and they didn't get their "fix" of feeling good about themselves.

stu_1992

Looks good, if only for a trip down memory lane. I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway and will definitley watch it once out.

Giggsyking

It gives you shivers just watching the trailer. Why are we so emotionally attached :(?

Coops73

That trailer made me feel quite emotional.

God I love Manchester United.

Tony Babangida

Saw this in the cinema today. Really enjoyed it. It covers from the busby babes to 99. Would have liked a bit more game footage but any United fan will really enjoy it. Makes you feel even more sad about the state of the club now and especially the ownership. Also a good reminder of how much Ole understands the ethos of Utd.

Tiber

I have one regret... I wish I kicked him even harder :lol:

Less politicians would be nice though

Josep Dowling

It’s an Eric Cantona money making piece masquerading as a United documentary mostly. A lot more has happened in United’s history than Eric Cantona.
Must admit I thought exactly the same. Was a bit of a meh documentary for me. Seem to gloss over a helluva lot of history.

acnumber9

I hadn’t actually finished watching it when I made my first post. I exaggerated how much of it was about United.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I enjoyed it.

I'm a sucker for the history of Manchester United though, I love this club and love watching how the fabric of the club was woven.

Loved the way Big Ron was portrayed, as one of the lads, always having a party!

Also funny to note Leeds announcing £1.2m as the fee paid by United for The King, when it was in fact £1m! Just goes to show you can't trust any fees you see or hear!!

VivaRonaldo85

Loved it. Made me remember why we all love King Eric so much. It was basically an Eric biography however!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The main message was about United fighting back from the brink in the face of adversity, which is essentially The United Way. Munich obviously, Cantona being the catalyst to get us back to winning ways after 26 years, and then that cumulated in the injury time winner in Barcelona. I thought it was done very well. Obviously they missed some bits out but since that was the focus, I think it covered most of what it needed to in the time allowed.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Cant wait to watch this, Eric Cantona....what an absolute god.