Dodging a Bullet thread

Ekeke

So you're using papertalk from over two years ago - and yes read your link - Pep is quoting papertalk - to say that Wolves want £100m which would mean we dodged a bullet, as if the transfer fee is relevant to anything.

If we're using papertalk regarding the fee though, why not use papertalk from this summer where the figure was £35-40m? Or we could use the actual precedent set by Wolves previously where they have shown willingness to let players move on, such as Jota when Liverpool were offering circa £40m? But that doesn't fit the narrative I presume.
He's using papertalk which suggests it has some merit since he's a manager, I'm using half the figure being generous to you. If hes clearly their best player like you say, why is no club bought him for that £35 million then? Wolves obviously want more than that

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
They've ranked De Gea below Scott for us, take their rating with a huge pinch of salt.
I think there is some truth in that, DDG has awesome reflexes but his inability to organise defenses, distribution, command of area, ability to sweep are all really lacking and like Scott or not, he hasn't done a lot wrong, done very little right and just kept it simple but I can understand why they would be ranked close...

SAFMUTD

Ndombele and Dembélé are big ones. I wanted them so badly, thank God we didnt got them.

NoPace

They've ranked De Gea below Scott for us, take their rating with a huge pinch of salt.
Keepers tend to have low rankings when I look, I'd separate them on Whoscored.

NoPace

Ndombele and Dembélé are big ones. I wanted them so badly, thank God we didnt got them.
Ndombele was so composed as a passer against Barca in the CL as a #6 that I'm sure I thought (and posted) that he'd be the Tielemans type we needed alongside a runner like Fred to form a functioning double pivot. Both he and Dembele have the requisite talent.

johannes_fd

Belotti. Was alot of rumours about him one season. He never really got back to that level did he

bringbackbebe

This thread make me sad that we got more bullet wounds than we missed over the last 9 years.

jetlee

I think the biggest one from the last couple of years is Pepe (Arsenal).
There was a lot of moaning on the caf back when they got him for 80 mil I think, and he is playing League Cup games only nowadays.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think the biggest one from the last couple of years is Pepe (Arsenal).
There was a lot of moaning on the caf back when they got him for 80 mil I think, and he is playing League Cup games only nowadays.
Partey is following the same vein so far. I was hoping United would be in for him

BootsyCollins

Partey is following the same vein so far. I was hoping United would be in for him
He has been way worse than i thought for Arsenal, i wanted him at United to, but if he can play every game as the last game against City he is one of the best midfielders in the PL. Not saying i think he will, only that the Arsenal-City match showed that he got it in him somewhere.

SAFMUTD

Darwin Nuñez, boy he looks a total fiasco for the money paid. Benfica must be laughing their asses off. Still remember half the forum desperataly wanted him.

Marcelinho87

Darwin Nuñez, boy he looks a total fiasco for the money paid. Benfica must be laughing their asses off. Still remember half the forum desperataly wanted him.
I was on the side of not wanting... Seen more than enough to know that he's a complete donkey.

Chief123

Absolutely massive bullet dodged! Our season would be shocking with him as our big signing.

Antony has shown more hope in 60 mins than Nunez has shown all season.

SAFMUTD

absolutely, thank feck we missed that one!
Absolutely massive bullet dodged! Our season would be shocking with him as our big signing.

Antony has shown more hope in 60 mins than Nunez has shown all season.
Thank god for anyone who blocked that move, we would have been in massive trouble. Thankfully he's now somebody else's problem, also its not like Lukaku who still had their admirers, I dont think Liverpool will find easy to ship him out. They feck up

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I would've been more annoyed if we did sign him for that price. Never looked anywhere like a top level player, I was really questioning why I thought that given so many big clubs were reportedly after him. They surely couldn't all be wrong.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I was on the side of not wanting... Seen more than enough to know that he's a complete donkey.
Saw a post nearer the time of Sporting laughing at the deal, think it was a parody but still funny.

Nunez would probably succeed with the right service and setup. If he was at City you'd probably think massive success. Liverpool sold Mane and they have a crocked midfield so of course he will struggle.

FatTails

It will become more apparent with time, but that overrated toad Pulisic.

Marcelinho87

Saw a post nearer the time of Sporting laughing at the deal, think it was a parody but still funny.

Nunez would probably succeed with the right service and setup. If he was at City you'd probably think massive success. Liverpool sold Mane and they have a crocked midfield so of course he will struggle.
I am not sure you know, he will score goals wherever he goes but it will be at a detriment to the team and style... City would never have signed him because he just wouldn't work.