Dodging a Bullet thread

DON’T PANIC ™

Thiago when Agent Dave was meant to have convinced him to join us.

Sneijder, remember that enjoyable summer when everyone was following his wife on Twitter for any hints that he was coming!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Stan Collymore. World class and could have had it all, but my god the baggage that man had.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What? He was an utter mediocrity they were delighted to see the back of.
He played close to 400 matches for them, during a period when they were one of the best teams in Europe. That sure is a lot for someone they would've been delighted to let go earlier.

padzilla

Hipster
Glen Hysen opting to join Liverpool instead of us at the last minute prompted the signing of Gary Pallister.

Goku1983

Thomas Partey hes not exactly been great for Arsenal also seems injury prone

YouknowNani

Sanchez and Fred as well
If Fred had have gone to City I don't think we'd be labelling him as a bullet dodged. He's not a bad player IMO. Great at breaking up play, winning the ball back high up the pitch but certainly not a DM that we attempt to use him as. I agree on Sanchez though.

mu4c_20le

Soumare. I remember a few people were desperate for us to sign him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Soumare. I remember a few people were desperate for us to sign him.
He played well when NDidi was out he’s currently being asked to replace Tielemans and he can’t do it, worse NDidi doesn’t play well with a second Dom next to him

Seven Seas Sardines

If Fred had have gone to City I don't think we'd be labelling him as a bullet dodged. He's not a bad player IMO. Great at breaking up play, winning the ball back high up the pitch but certainly not a DM that we attempt to use him as. I agree on Sanchez though.
Fred fitting into City's passing game?? :lol: Sterling sticks out like a sore thumb in that team and he's 10x more skilled on the ball.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Renato Sanches, Joao Felix, Nico Gaitan.

In essence almost every "top" Benfica player linked with a move.

romufc

Dare I say Conte?
I agree with you. I think we have found a better fit than Conte.

I have the feeling with Conte, 3 years later if we don't win the league we would be in exactly the same position as post Jose.

Ekeke

Currently Partey, Soumare, Sessegnon, NDombele, Ruben Neves, Bailey, Saul (1 that I was in favour of),Junior Firpo, Longstaff, Cantwell and Aarons who have either all been linked or suggested a fair few times on this forum over the past 3 or 4 seasons and are not doing well currently in the premier league.

Thats just the ones in England.

JB7

Currently Partey, Soumare, Sessegnon, NDombele, Ruben Neves, Bailey, Saul (1 that I was in favour of),Junior Firpo, Longstaff, Cantwell and Aarons who have either all been linked or suggested a fair few times on this forum over the past 3 or 4 seasons and are not doing well currently in the premier league.

Thats just the ones in England.
On what planet is Neves not doing well this season??

Ekeke

On what planet is Neves not doing well this season??
The one where he isnt one of the better performing players in the 8th placed team

Guardiola said a few seasons ago he liked jim but Wolves wanted £100 million for him and he cant do that

JB7

The one where he isnt one of the better performing players in the 8th placed team

Guardiola said a few seasons ago he liked jim but Wolves wanted £100 million for him and he cant do that
Do you watch a lot of Wolves? He's comfortably their best player.

JB7

Yes.

He's not close
Cool. I've seen them in person 4 times this season inc when we played them & have 6 or 7 mates that are STHs and they'd all agree that he's their best player. Kilman is having an exceptional season but obviously doesn't have the quality Neves does. He'd walk into our team and considerably improve it.

Ekeke

Cool. I've seen them in person 4 times this season inc when we played them & have 6 or 7 mates that are STHs and they'd all agree that he's their best player. Kilman is having an exceptional season but obviously doesn't have the quality Neves does. He'd walk into our team and considerably improve it.
Even if he only cost half of Pep's 100 million figure, he would not be justifying it based on his Wolves performances. So yes clearly dodged bullet considering Wolves want so much for him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/13/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-ruben-neves-wolves

JB7

Even if he only cost half of Pep's 100 million figure, he would not be justifying it based on his Wolves performances. So yes clearly dodged bullet considering Wolves want so much for him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/13/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-ruben-neves-wolves
So you're using papertalk from over two years ago - and yes read your link - Pep is quoting papertalk - to say that Wolves want £100m which would mean we dodged a bullet, as if the transfer fee is relevant to anything.

If we're using papertalk regarding the fee though, why not use papertalk from this summer where the figure was £35-40m? Or we could use the actual precedent set by Wolves previously where they have shown willingness to let players move on, such as Jota when Liverpool were offering circa £40m? But that doesn't fit the narrative I presume.