Does football entertain you anymore?

DRM

Other teams most definitely. Manchester United? No .

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes. If if doesn’t, stop watching it.

Snafu17

Asking this after a defeat feels like the thing entertaining you was United winning rather than football itself.

marktan

United? Not really. I'll regularly skip the first half nowadays as the football's tumescent. I watch a lot of CL football though and matches where the big teams play.

Sounds a bit sad but I'm not wasting half my afternoon watching shite.

Jambalaya

Yes.
Who would miss Liverpool vs Arsenal.
Maybe you should avoid Manchester United games.Watch stuff that makes you happy.No shame in that life is short.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Not at the moment no. When one team sits back all game and the other team has no creativity it makes a very boring game.

Football can still be brilliant though. I know it's a year ago now but the World Cup was some of the most enjoyable four weeks of football I've seen

Judas

Open to offers
Watching us now is such a weird experience, something that brought me so much joy, frankly more often than not just pisses me off. I don't get as worked up about us anymore though, kind of used to the shite.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We need tips from Pool fans as to how they got through the 2011/2012 days of pure shit.

pablo__p

My problem is I only watch United and highlights/goals from other games/leagues due to lack of time.

It's become a chore to watch United but I can't see myself not doing that. The effect it has on my mood and well being is not great, though.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'm convinced that a large portion of the posters on here watch football because they are masochists.
I sometimes go on youtube and watch classic (for me it'd be games from the 00s) United games and it dawns on me that, personally, the feelings this sport used to induce are no longer there. Another game, two hours passed and it feels like a chore... but I don't want to ever stop watching or lose my interest in United or the sport.

Josep Dowling

Not this United team.

The only entertaining teams in the league are Liverpool and Spurs. I know a lot of people will say City but I hate Guardiola’s style of football.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yes. I enjoyed that today. The atmosphere was good, we kept trying and there was lots of drama.
:lol: not sure about that. But obviously football is entertaining. Shows how spoilt United fans are that a few years without a title and we’re making threads like these. Laughable to be honest.

youmeletsfly

No, for sure, I'm severely depressed when I watch City playing with fecking clockwork precision, or Liverpool pressing the guts out of their opponents.

I've seen you post good shit, this thread is not good shit man, it's just another intellectual moan that will force everybody to answer "I don't enjoy man united".

izec

Yes, but negatively, United at least. For positive entertainment i need to watch other teams/leagues

Carolina Red

Staff
I sometimes go on youtube and watch classic (for me it'd be games from the 00s) United games and it dawns on me that, personally, the feelings this sport used to induce are no longer there. Another game, two hours passed and it feels like a chore... but I don't want to ever stop watching or lose my interest in United or the sport.
To be fair, you're not supposed to only watch "your team" when it is convenient. If you do, they're not really "your team".

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Considering I want the season over already then I’d say I'm bored of it.

If you want excitement from watching football then I urge you to watch Championship it is 100x better.

dove

:lol: not sure about that. But obviously football is entertaining. Shows how spoilt United fans are that a few years without a title and we’re making threads like these. Laughable to be honest.
Shows that our fans lowered expectations so much that TOP 6 finish would be seen as a good season. Of course same fans dare to call us "the biggest club in the world". Laughable to be honest.

Di Maria's angel

I remember 05/06 where we didn't we the league yet that was a pretty fun year. 09/10, 11/12? Ditto. Titles don't necessarily mean entertaining.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What exactly do you find entertaining? United? Other teams?
I enjoy watching football in general. I enjoy watching United and Norwich in particular. I enjoy watching most premier league and championship games. I enjoy watching my local teams and major European teams. I enjoy playing football and I enjoy having just a kick about. I enjoy talking about football and watching documentaries on football. I enjoy playing football computer games.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yes! I'm not always happy with how United play but that's how is is at this point in time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We really arent bad to watch this season so far. Though I guess so many glory hunters that United have picked up over the years that they find it boring if you lose or are going through a rough patch, even if there are plenty of signs to be encouraged by?

Some should just stick to looking at score updates. Or go on to the next club that wins every week. "Being bored" is complete BS right now.

Di Maria's angel

I enjoy watching football in general. I enjoy watching United and Norwich in particular. I enjoy watching most premier league and championship games. I enjoy watching my local teams and major European teams. I enjoy playing football and I enjoy having just a kick about. I enjoy talking about football and watching documentaries on football. I enjoy playing football computer games.
Fair enough. My interest and passion comes from United. Right now, it's at an all time. One can only hope it gets better.

Look-a-Hill

Football still entertains me but it's everything that surrounds it I can't be arsed with any more. I've not watched Match of the Day for about three years because the people they have on are tedious bores with zero insight. "Oh he should have hit it on target then he would have scored". Thanks for that Alan.

Same with pre-match, post-match and half-time analysis. I start watching at kick-off, mute the TV for half-time and feck off immediately after the final whistle and I'll keep doing that until Tim Vickery is commentating, analysing and interviewing on every channel simultaneously.

Alabaster Codify7

I've said many times, my passion for football was waning since around 2010 or similar. I just stopped watching with as much enthusiasm. Of course, I celebrated in 2013 etc but I didn't follow as passionately as when I was a kid and played myself.

I LOVED watching the World Cup in 2018 as a neutral. It was refresing to watch football without becoming annoyed or upset. Same goes for the Copa America this summer when I was in South America.

United haven't entertained me in years.

BulgarianDevil91

I don't watch as many games as I used to a few years back and definitely I used to be a lot more passionate about our results, but I genuinely still enjoy watching football. Sucks real bad when we lose or miss out on a win, but that's football. Thinking we'd be on top of the world during my whole lifetime would be ludicrous and with time, that concept left my mind.