Does Ole need to stop winding people up?

DavelinaJolie

Should just really piss him off and say that if finishing second is a big achievement for him, no wonder Kane wants out. Stick the knife in Ole!

ReallyUSA

See this is the thing that ducks me off, he's applauding mediocrity. Maybe at Moldy that sort of thing was applauded because Norwegians are used to amateur players but this is the big leagues with the big cheeses. Imagine if Roy Keane saw that, he would have gone ballistic.
He's probably been begging him to stop being a chonch and go for the shot.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Top man, Ole. :lol:

Is that really Ole’s ambition though? He doesn’t seem to back that up with performances nor does it seem his team believes they can win.

As much as Mourinho is finished, Ole trying to wind him up is like Joey Barton trying to wind up Sergio Ramos - I think Ole needs to win a few EPLs and CLs to be on Mourinho’s level.

Tarrou

Is that really Ole’s ambition though? He doesn’t seem to back that up with performances nor does it seem his team believes they can win.

As much as Mourinho is finished, Ole trying to wind him up is like Joey Barton trying to wind up Sergio Ramos - I think Ole needs to win a few EPLs and CLs to be on Mourinho’s level.
do you understand what ambition means? it seems not

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Odd post.

You can be ambitious even if you haven't achieved your goals yet. Not sure why you're pretending to know more about than another man about his ambitions.

Nobody cares about Mourinho's past greatness which beyond debate. Currently though he's vang average and manager a much much smaller club than Ole, and badly. And on ambition, Mourinho's Spurs play such unambitious football it's a littl sad.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Yes, it is his ambition. But it's one he cannot win in one fell swoop. Our club, much like yours, has had a period of decline and several years of backward steps under not just mourinho but LVG and Moyes. It's more than just a style of play that needs fixing, but the culture, winning mentality and structure of the club needed fixing too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It's weird how triggered rivals fans are. Ole said exact same thing few days back saying 2nd isn't good enough when he spoke about this season.

Ole isn't winding up anyone.

mu4c_20le

If he's finished, why would Ole want to be on his level? Unless you are purely talking about achievements. In which case it's odd if you think he needs to win a few titles before he can say anything about him. That's like saying you should play or manage the professional game on a respectable level before you can talk about the actual professionals.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If he's finished, why would Ole want to be on his level? Unless you are purely talking about achievements. In which case it's odd if you think he needs to win a few titles before he can say anything about him. That's like saying you should play or manage the professional game on a respectable level before you can talk about the actual professionals.
Ole saying 2nd isn't good enough is nowhere like Mourinho saying finishing second with his United team was his best achievement.

DoomSlayer

:lol: what an awful comeback
Mourinho wasn't even asked about it, he prepared this in his head to finish the press conference (like the one with "respect, respect") so imagine how frustrated he is getting beaten by Ole's Manchester United. :lol:

Fully Fledged

Mourinho wasn't even asked about it, he prepared this in his head to finish the press conference (like the one with "respect, respect") so imagine how frustrated he is getting beaten by Ole's Manchester United. :lol:
Imagine how frustrated he was that no one asked him about Ole's comment when he had come up with this zinger of a comeback.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Very weird timing of this post

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Well unlike Mourinho who spouted crap about heritage and all, Ole is actually in a good position to talk about the club’s ambition. Mourinho might not know it as he is all about himself but Ole has been part of United’s most successful period as a player so he knows exactly what “Our” ambitions should be.