Does Ole smile too much?

Tony247

After 2 years he can't even get his smile right. Sack this clown.

Tony247

Only if Ole could smile like this he would have been a Klopp. Damn you Ole.

largelyworried

His smiling shows how badly coached we are. Look at Pep, his smiles are always in the right place at the right time. They arrive right on cue like clockwork. That isn't by accident, you can tell those smiles are the result of hours spent practising on the training ground. With Ole, sometimes you have these amazing smiles out of nowhere, but other times when you'd really expect a smile you get nothing. We will never win the league with smiles like these.

Cast5

Anyone got the xS stats? Be interesting to see Ole’s expected smiles compared to other managers.

Can7onA

I love it, we had to put up with Mourinhos piss licking face for god knows how long.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He’s gone from being manager at relegated Cardiff and Molde to being manager at the biggest club in the world. Hell, I wouldn’t stop smiling.

OleTheGreat

“Where are the patterns of smiling!!”

2 years and there is no distinct style of smiling, honestly he should have this sorted by now. Ole out.
hahaha. Thanks for putting this up so sarcastically. I just cannot stop laughing. I really don't understand what difference it could make. Somebody said that players would think that they could step off the gas if he smiles, that's crazy. The players will very well know how good/bad they did on the pitch and no smile or frown will change that. I only think Ole and the other coaches aren't really putting up difficult challenges in training and that's the reason we're poor in games. We don't have an asserting style of football, we just try to make the best out of the situation and that's a huge lag in terms of a great club. We need a few players and certain way of playing football regardless of the opponents and only then will we be able to challenge for the title.

I'll tell you one more thing, to not have a particular way of thinking will sometimes take you to 2nd in the league because no team can actually judge the way you're going to play on the day but it won't last long and somewhere down the line it will break down but a strict set of rules for players on-field will get us to keep possession and move about freely in the final 3rd.

Stacks

I don't think you have to look gloomy all the time but I get the sentiment as other managers seemed pissed all the time if they aren't high achieving. They always seem concerned about something but it could be due to high pressure. That said, I don't really care. He doesn't need to convince me that he isn't concerned about results because he is a Man Utd guy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If I scored the winner in a champions league final and spent the next two decades hearing Stretford end singing my name every game, I wouldn't stop smiling either. The man has had a blessed career.

Will Singh

Do we think he shouldn’t drive a flash car and live in a big house as this sends a message of success and I don’t think we are successful under him?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He is like the Joker in Joker

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you
"When you bring me out, can you say Ole's at the wheel?"

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Stupid thread. Ole needs to win big games and that is it! Makes no difference how much he smiles.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes. Yes he does. And his excessive smiling will be the downfall of this team the world as we know it.

lysglimt

Scout
He’s gone from being manager at relegated Cardiff and Molde to being manager at the biggest club in the world. Hell, I wouldn’t stop smiling.
You could log on here after a draw against a rival - and you would stop smiling fairly quickly :)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
it’s annoying when we win games and fans like you are still moaning and have faces that look like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.
You are the type who is happy with the direction the club is going in. You are the type of fan the Glazers want at the club. No success but lots of sentiment & romance. We are nowhere near where we should be. We’re Manchester United ffs. We were the Real Madrid & Bayern Munich of English football. It’s not my fault you & so many others have lowered your standards & now accept top 4 challenges every season. I refuse to lower mine. I expect a title challenge & a champions league challenge every season. If Ole gives me that then I’ll say he’s the man for the job, if he doesn’t I’ll want him out. The standards of this fanbase are depressing & you are all playing into the hands of the Glazers.

RUCK4444

You are the type who is happy with the direction the club is going in. You are the type of fan the Glazers want at the club. No success but lots of sentiment & romance. We are nowhere near where we should be. We’re Manchester United ffs. We were the Real Madrid & Bayern Munich of English football. It’s not my fault you & so many others have lowered your standards & now accept top 4 challenges every season. I refuse to lower mine. I expect a title challenge & a champions league challenge every season.
We are second in the league and for a brief period we were first, FIRST! Remember that position?

We are headed in a better direction bud, come on you must see that. Oppo fans do.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

We are second in the league and for a brief period we were first, FIRST! Remember that position?

We are headed in a better direction bud, come on you must see that. Oppo fans do.
I see us 11 points behind 1st place. That means nothing to me. We might as well finish 4th it’s the same shit, CL qualification. I see us going out of the champions league pathetically in the group stages. I don’t see being 2nd as anything to brag about, we’re slightly less shit than Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester & Spurs, cool, but where is our next title coming from? The manager isn’t good enough & is here for purely sentimental reasons. We’re about to reward him for 0 trophies with a new contract & a fat pay rise. There’s questions marks over the goalkeepers The right back isn’t good enough. The centre backs aren’t good enough. Our starting midfielder are McT & Fred, midtable level. Our own fans despise our most technically gifted footballer. We are solely reliant on Bruno Fernandes. We barely create any chances. We don’t have a right winger & our centre forwards aren’t scoring. What is there to be positive about? What tells you we can win the league next season? Because im sick of hearing about the “process” and all that “in a few years we’ll be the best” I’ve been hearing that for years now. We are miles away from the title. Absolutely miles.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I refuse to lower mine. I expect a title challenge & a champions league challenge every season.
There's a difference between (ultimate) ambition and (realistic) expectation, though.

You can't expect challenges when everything points to it being utterly unrealistic. Then you have to take a step back and look at overall progress - rather than insisting on some kind of default expectation which is no longer relevant (and hasn't been relevant ever since SAF retired).

The starting point for Ole wasn't a team you could realistically expect to challenge for the biggest prizes. That's problematic - very much so - from the perspective of what United's ambitions should be. But refusing to lower your expectations doesn't make you a first rate fan - in fact it makes you, potentially, an entirely unreasonable fan.

RUCK4444

I see us 11 points behind 1st place. That means nothing to me. We might as well finish 4th it’s the same shit, CL qualification. I see us going out of the champions league pathetically in the group stages. I don’t see being 2nd as anything to brag about, we’re slightly less shit than Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester & Spurs, cool, but where is our next title coming from? The manager isn’t good enough & is here for purely sentimental reasons. We’re about to reward him for 0 trophies with a new contract & a fat pay rise. There’s questions marks over the goalkeepers The right back isn’t good enough. The centre backs aren’t good enough. Our starting midfielder are McT & Fred, midtable level. Our own fans despise our most technically gifted footballer. We are solely reliant on Bruno Fernandes. We barely create any chances. We don’t have a right winger & our centre forwards aren’t scoring. What is there to be positive about? What tells you we can win the league next season? Because im sick of hearing about the “process” and all that “in a few years we’ll be the best” I’ve been hearing that for years now. We are miles away from the title. Absolutely miles.
On the bolded, ya know what I totally get the sentiment and we must not let our standards slip, however in doing so we also have to face a reality, a reality that means when you are in the most competitive league in Europe and you've let your club slide into 6 years of decline that naturally there is long road back to the top, even for a club as big as ours.

It's effectively the same as letting your business slide into obscurity and then throwing your toys our when your competitors are doing better than you. There is always going to be a period of recovery, we've compounded the issue and extended this period massively by spending money in the worst possible way and appointing managers with conflicting styles whilst simultaneously not having a DOF to hold any direction, so the club has been totally rudderless in that period. What many fans do is shoulder the weight of past mismanagement on the current manager, everything he does is seen through the eyes of 8 years of misery,

If the manager isn't good enough then how are we second when, as you claim, we are fielding a midtable midfield, woeful defence and out of form strikers? Either the manager is better than you think or the players are, or perhaps it's not all black and white and amongst the shades of grey lies the reality that we are making progress, slow? sure, but progress nonetheless.

We have improvements to make in personnel. But where we are now is a LOT better than where we were when Mourinho left. When Mourinho left we needed major surgery, it was totally unbalanced and completely void of confidence. Whereas now we need to sign players in few positions in order to mount a real challenge. Most would agree with that, which in itself has to be progress.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...a reality that means when you are in the most competitive league in Europe and you've let your club slide into 6 years of decline that naturally there is long road back to the top, even for a club as big as ours.
Well said - simple as that, really.

And that isn't an argument tailored to excuse Ole from under-performing. In fact, it has nothing to do with Ole.

If your expectation is that any manager should challenge for the biggest prizes at United - at all times, regardless of circumstances - then you're delusional. We aren't Bayern Munich. And we can't use our wealth to become Bayern Munich overnight either. It doesn't work like that.

90 + 5min

I've noticed this recently and I have to ask, is it becoming a problem?

While we've won a few games, I wouldn't say they merit a smile as this demonstrates the players can take their foot off the gas.

If you look at top managers like Pep, they don't smile during the match, maybe just after but not for very long.
These kind of threads keep showing now when we are doing good. Is this some kind of "we need something else against Solskjaer" thread?

I saw Solskjaer once eating pizza. Is that becoming a problem?

Vault Dweller

I don't trust people who smile all the time. Life isn't the fecking Looney Tunes, grow up and pout like a man.

Also, I find his lack of visible tattoos disturbing. Shows he's clearly out of touch with todays players. I recommend a smiley face in the neck like Ederson. Then he's still sort of smiling, even while he's looking grim like he's supposed to.

I've last my train of thought.
Is that you, Vader?