Does Ole smile too much?

RUCK4444

Well said - simple as that, really.

And that isn't an argument tailored to excuse Ole from under-performing. In fact, it has nothing to do with Ole.

If your expectation is that any manager should challenge for the biggest prizes at United - at all times, regardless of circumstances - then you're delusional. We aren't Bayern Munich. And we can't use our wealth to become Bayern Munich overnight either. It doesn't work like that.
Exactly, it's not about Ole or protecting him, I would be saying the same about any manager that was here if we were in the current situation with our perceived level of improvement.

Nobody should settle for top four, I don't think any of us find that acceptable long term, we need to be challenging and I believe we are closer to doing exactly that than we have at any point since SAF retired.

UmbroDays

I said this after the West Ham game as he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

I just thought it was annoying as it was again one of the worst games I've watched this season, we played poorly and he's there smiling and dapping up the opps like we'd smashed them 6-0 and were top of the table but 15+ points.

Honestly, as a United fan I've not really smiled that much recently.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
These kind of threads keep showing now when we are doing good. Is this some kind of "we need something else against Solskjaer" thread?

I saw Solskjaer once eating pizza. Is that becoming a problem?
Might be, was there pineapple on the pizza?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I said this after the West Ham game as he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

I just thought it was annoying as it was again one of the worst games I've watched this season, we played poorly and he's there smiling and dapping up the opps like we'd smashed them 6-0 and were top of the table but 15+ points.

Honestly, as a United fan I've not really smiled that much recently.
*plays a small violin*

Foxbatt

I do not care if he farts too much so long as we win either the PL or the CL.

Frank Sinatra Fan

I don't trust people who smile all the time. Life isn't the fecking Looney Tunes, grow up and pout like a man.

Also, I find his lack of visible tattoos disturbing. Shows he's clearly out of touch with todays players. I recommend a smiley face in the neck like Ederson. Then he's still sort of smiling, even while he's looking grim like he's supposed to.

I've last my train of thought.
WTF is this comment?!

And if you think that Looney Tunes is about smiling all the time and happiness, you really don't know anything about the Looney Tunes because it's quite the opposite of the whole Warner Bros. humor style.

Cast5

I don't trust people who smile all the time. Life isn't the fecking Looney Tunes, grow up and pout like a man.

Also, I find his lack of visible tattoos disturbing. Shows he's clearly out of touch with todays players. I recommend a smiley face in the neck like Ederson. Then he's still sort of smiling, even while he's looking grim like he's supposed to.

I've last my train of thought.
I completely agree, Ole should be hung for not having tattoos and smiling too much, If I had my way he would be thrown head first into a meat grinder. It’s a disgrace the way he acts, just look how the slaphead conducts himself just across the way in Stockport, A true gentlemen with no ties to illegal substances whatsoever.

Bondi77

At least he does not laugh after saying something as that would be really annoying.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t think he smiles enough

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
WTF is this comment?!

And if you think that Looney Tunes is about smiling all the time and happiness, you really don't know anything about the Looney Tunes because it's quite the opposite of the whole Warner Bros. humor style.
:lol:

I love that you particularly defend the Looney Tunes' honor instead of Ole's, But I think you overestimated the level of seriousness in my post by about 100%.

Maticmaker

Smiling... thought that was 'wind' after a sharp intake of breath when he sees another Fred stray pass leading to giving a goal away?

Frank Sinatra Fan

:lol:

I love that you particularly defend the Looney Tunes' honor instead of Ole's, But I think you overestimated the level of seriousness in my post by about 100%.
Sorry. I sometimes take stuff too seriously.

Also, I messed up in my post, I actually meant to write:

"And if you think that Looney Tunes is about smiling all the time and happiness, you really don't know anything about the Looney Tunes because the classic Warner Bros. humor style is quite the opposite."

But hey, I'm now laughing at this whole conversation because it is really funny! LOL! And your reply to my comment is perfect!

I don't believe that comment was serious

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sorry. I sometimes take stuff too seriously.

Also, I messed up in my post, I actually meant to write:

"And if you think that Looney Tunes is about smiling all the time and happiness, you really don't know anything about the Looney Tunes because the classic Warner Bros. humor style is quite the opposite."

But hey, I'm now laughing at this whole conversation because it is really funny! LOL! And your reply to my comment is perfect!
No worries mate, sarcasm and the internet is not very compatible.

kaiz

Not only he smiles too much himself, he also makes me smile, unforgivable.

Raveneye

Imagine hiring a nice, polite and cheerful man nicknamed The Baby Faced Assassin and being aghast when he lives up to his reputation.

dal

Well he should be expected to smile more after the summer.

Surely now his salary has to treble.

He’s the bonafide manager, no player should be paid more than him.

tomaldinho1

This, along with the thread where we outed a Liverpool spy (can't remember which it was now), are my favourites this season.

Foxbatt

He should be effin all the time like SAF and fight with everyone around. Or hire Keane to do his fighting.

Fletchageddon

This thread is so old school. I imagine it comes as part of a series along with Pogbas hair, coloured boots and players being friends with players from other teams.

The time to be annoyed is during the match. Which Ole often is. Once the whistle is blown, the match is over. There's no point being angry AF on the pitch shaking hands with Refs and managers unless it's been a particularly desperate performance. Ole keeps his anger to the dressing room. Which is exactly how it should be, he protects the players and projects positivity. This is especially important in the current climate of social media commentary/abuse and weird men on fan forums with ideas about how to manage football teams.

lysglimt

Scout
Imagine hiring a nice, polite and cheerful man nicknamed The Baby Faced Assassin and being aghast when he lives up to his reputation.
Well he hasn't killed you or anyone else yet (that I know of) so he doesnt quite live up to his name :)

I've noticed this recently and I have to ask, is it becoming a problem?

While we've won a few games, I wouldn't say they merit a smile as this demonstrates the players can take their foot off the gas.

If you look at top managers like Pep, they don't smile during the match, maybe just after but not for very long.
Please post OPTA smile stats in comparison to other managers, and also put into context.. eg when did he smile, smile when winning, drawing, losing, post match or pre match, did something happen to make him, then we can truly assess the smile and see if it’s an asset or liability

lex talionis

Forget the smile. Ole's hair is far too curly to be taken seriously. Look at the great managers like Ferguson, Pep, Klopp and even Wenger and Mourinho...do you see a single curl on any of them?