Does Tuchel’s success at Chelsea show we should have sacked Solksjaer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I would argue they replaced a terrible manager with a good one, and so they were bound to see an improvement.
This. No idea why Chelsea considered Lampard (other than the team link).

So Tuchel has taken an expensive squad (and a better starting position than Ole inherited) and is making them reach their level, something Lampard failed to do.

Olecurls99

Me too. I think its obvious our squad is capable of playing so much better than we do most of the time despite our good league position, but I always get jumped on if I dare point this out.
Have you watched Chelsea. Its a snoozefest over there.

RUCK4444

Ah feck off. Somebody thread ban me from this sh*tshow of a thread.

Mercy killing needed.

I can’t help but come into these tedious threads when I shouldn’t... their like a Victorian freak show, you know you shouldn’t but you can’t help but stare in disbelief.

Olecurls99

Surely our own travails under two managers who were both regarded as 'elite' until they came here and didn't succeed is proof enough that we should not.

An 'elite' manager is just a manager who is currently winning or has recently won big trophies with a big club. Mourinho was still regarded as an elite manager when he came to us, and then he failed to live up to that reputation, and was no longer regarded as an elite manager. Before PSG, Tuchel was not yet regarded as an elite manager. Then he went to PSG and (some would argue inevitably, given the league) won some big trophies, and now he's 'elite'. If Solskjaer wins the league with us next season, he will probably then be regarded as an elite manager too. It's a descriptive category, not an actual inherent quality.
Boom. Let this be the end of this awful thread

spiriticon

Chelsea should definitely sack Tuchel now and get a better manager.

They shoulda coulda woulda be doing better if they did.

The Urban Goose

Sigh, if only we had a manager who was capable of leading us to a victory over City.

Wait, what?!

Stormrage101MUFC

He hasn't really done anything yet. If they win the FA Cup and secure top 4, OR win the Champions League, then this would make a little more sense.

keithsingleton

I'm pretty sure if we'd get Haaland or Kane, we'd be serious title challengers.
One could argue that we are title challengers as of right now.
Defensively we're not title challengers, I've been saying for nearly a year priority is a CB to join Maguire. Much as I'd love to get Kane or Haaland sadly that has to be our second buy if United choose to spend so much.

always_hoping

There is a difference in ambition between us and Chelsea, they are about winning trophies and playing good football and if a manager looks like he can't produce that he's out, where as at united as long the manager can get top 4 then he's good enough.
Under this new manager bounce of Tuchel Chelsea have been effective than playing good football. Lampard was sacked because Roman believed Chelsea weren't going to finish in the top 4 if kept on. I highly doubt Ole would have seen next season with United if finished outside the top 4 and outside the top 4 is what plenty was predicting after a disappointing transfer window.

keithsingleton

Oles alright and better than lampard but our ceiling is a bit capped with him imo. Was always obvious that whenever Chelsea smartened up that they would improve.
Ole being better than Lampard sadly doesn't mean that much. He's got a long way to go if he's going to catch Klopp or Pep up.

SirScholes

Chelsea removed a good/average manager and replaced him with an elite level manager and are now reaping the rewards. Chelsea will be City’s main challengers next year because they took proactive steps to become challengers again. I worry we’ve missed a trick by not doing the same.
Get out man hahaha
Totally different circumstances

keithsingleton

Im not saying he isn't doing a good job. Massively premature to say we should have sacked our manager on the basis of 3 months or so
I wouldn't of give Ole the job anyway purely based on not proven. We only got him because we ( fans ) love him and was a cheap fix. He's improved us though, I just don't think he's got the nous to take us to the level we belong.

vanrooney

Oles Honeymoon period was even better than tuchels- let’s see where Chelsea is in 2 years. Ole is doing fine imo- we are definitely going in the right direction

rotherham_red

Chelsea removed a good/average manager and replaced him with an elite level manager and are now reaping the rewards. Chelsea will be City’s main challengers next year because they took proactive steps to become challengers again. I worry we’ve missed a trick by not doing the same.
The £250m they spunked on top of an already good team is more of a factor.

Ole is essentially making do with Jose's rejects. A team that is already horribly imbalanced. Give him the tools to succeed or fail, and then make that judgement call.

SER19

I wouldn't of give Ole the job anyway purely based on not proven. We only got him because we ( fans ) love him and was a cheap fix. He's improved us though, I just don't think he's got the nous to take us to the level we belong.
I have those worries too but just no way he's not getting another season. Timing wasn't right on tuchel. If it was in summer then maybe

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Simpleton Ole also had a great start replacing a washed-up Mourinho. New manager bounce was inevitable at Chelsea.

passing-wind

Ole is certainly a good distance away from any conversations concerning his sacking unless the team absolutely collapses which is very unlikely.

But many do seem to undermine Tuchel. With some silverware he is not far off being held in the same mantra of Pep, Flick, Klopp (prior to this season). He's had a good impact with a Chelsea team that is not littered with class players and can easily improve quality in multiple positions. Yet there's this odd notion like they are a prime version of Madrid which is far from reality.

PoTMS

There's definitely been a honeymoon period for Tuchel but Chelsea will win trophies quicker than we will under Ole simply because he's a better manager. Ole is not bad but the jury is out in terms of if he's the one to lead us back to success.

Red_Jamie

I remember when you signed up to this forum. The fact you’re still talking this much bollocks well over a decade later is genuinely fecking impressive.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The ridiculous amounts of money they spent recently have probably helped.
Their situation was nothing like ours, they changed a manger who had won nothing and proved nothing and replaced him with one who had.
Their league form has been patchy, cup form immense, that Tuchel in a nutshell.

Oranges038

No, he'll probably be gone in 12 to 18 months, more than likely sacked after getting a bumper new contract.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Got you!!

OldSchoolManc

Tuchel has gone from a team with a bottomless pit of spending, to a team with a pretty bottomless pit of spending.
He’s enjoyed the new manager bounce.
What on earth tells you he’d have been any better at MU with limited spending?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This forum will do anything it can to put our rivals ahead of us. The reality is Chelsea have a decent team and have replaced scrap manager with a a decent one. We still have a better squad and an equally decent manager thus why we remain better than them. The kneejerk nature of this forum is hard or follow.

Glorio

Me too. I think its obvious our squad is capable of playing so much better than we do most of the time despite our good league position, but I always get jumped on if I dare point this out.
Have you seen the type of football Chelsea have played under Tuchel for the most part? :eek:
He managed to drain the life a game against Bielsa's Leeds. That takes some doing.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm in total agreement, Tuchel defensively has been simply outstanding as a coach, we defo missed out. If they get Haaland or Kane next year their serious challengers to city's crown.

Ole has improved United but doubt he can take us to the next level of Klopp & Pep.
Well done you

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Much as I'd be happy to upgrade Ole, he's not as bad as some people make out. It's really that his tactics are out of date and he doesn't know how to modernise into a more sophisticated setup. Even if he did he has the wrong players and the Glazers aren't paying for that refit any time soon.

That kind of change takes years, not weeks. Tuchel can't possibly have done that at Chelsea in such a short space of time. So the OP premis is flawed imho

TrustInJanuzaj

Have you seen the type of football Chelsea have played under Tuchel for the most part? :eek:
He managed to drain the life a game against Bielsa's Leeds. That takes some doing.
I wouldn’t bother, the narrative is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.