Does Tuchel’s success at Chelsea show we should have sacked Solksjaer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea removed a good/average manager and replaced him with an elite level manager and are now reaping the rewards. Chelsea will be City’s main challengers next year because they took proactive steps to become challengers again. I worry we’ve missed a trick by not doing the same.
I like the way you sucked in Chelsea fans with this too however shouldn't be in the United forum. Not the place for it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not debating ole. Just responding to that post.
I don't know about the league but you lost to Leicester last round.
The last post you responded to at the time pointed to a 5-2 WBA justification just because City lost to Leeds by a single goal with 10 men. Not exactly the same thing considering Pep was otherwise brilliant and Tuchel himself had failed to net a goal against leaky sides like Southampton and Leeds prior to that point.

Tuchel has made a good start from some very generous fixtures, and now he's doing well in sterner tests, but he's certainly had hiccups. Certainly not as impressive as Ole's bounce when he joined and not as impressive as how Ole is currently performing right now, either. That's with or without the Leicester off-day in the FA cup.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Actually, looking at Tuchels stats makes me think that maybe we should have never got rid of Jose.
I mean, who doesn't want dire defensive football after spending £200m??

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Chelsea winning the FA Cup and the CL might make this less of a joke thread but then again I care about trophies while others are more concerned with looking like true fans.

He'sRaldo

Why is Lampard's spending used as a stick to beat Tuchel? He's done well with what he's inherited, that's a good skill to have.

Abraxas

I think you have to look at the job Lampard was doing to analyse this fairly. He was a young manager and seems to have made a lot of mistakes with some of his signings and the way he utilised them and also some of his man management. Tuchel really should be able to come in and get a tune out of that squad, it's a pretty strong team, it's hard to argue it is significantly weaker than ours and yet they are significantly behind ourselves. Tuchel by comparison is experienced with big players and teams and a respected manager.

The main point to this is that Ole has done a pretty good job. So you cannot necessarily say that by sacking Ole and signing somebody of Tuchel's ilk that he would have had the same effect or that we would have become title challengers or that we automatically would be next season. It's not a comparison that really works beyond suggesting this idea that if we sacked the manager for no good reason and replaced him with a big name that he would automatically make us title challengers, which given we have had numerous managers, including a couple with big reputations seems fanciful at best.

tomaldinho1

Wait until end of season at least. If he brings in the CL and FA cup he’s a miracle worker in my eyes and this thread might be more relevant.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I'm not the biggest fan as Ole as manager but at this point with this squad, to be 2nd in the league and in the semi-final of the Europa, how much better could someone else be doing?
This 100%

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why is Lampard's spending used as a stick to beat Tuchel? He's done well with what he's inherited, that's a good skill to have.
That's always going to be the easy out when defending the current Chelsea manager though isn't it, for over a year we had to listen about how poor Lampard hadn't had a transfer window and its unfair to judge him on the players he inherited and then once he did get a window and a ton of money was spent he was sacked a few months later. The nature of the Chelsea job is that you're always going to be inheriting players bought by 2 or 3 previous managers as no one is there long enough to overhaul the squad entirely

Ekeke

Maybe. Its a good result for Chelsea and they are moving in the right direction but they still have a lot to do just to live up to expectations. 7 premier league games to at least finish top 4 if not get into 3rd. They can still crash out of the champions league, finish with no silverware and just about scrape 4th and I wouldnt say thats irrefutable proof that we should have sacked Ole. That said I think its completely possible that another manager could have come in and done better than Thuchel has, for us. Ole's run when he first took over for example. So we've already seen it ourselves

redmanx

Wait until end of season at least. If he brings in the CL and FA cup he’s a miracle worker in my eyes and this thread might be more relevant.
I couldnt care less if Chelse win the CL, FA Cup, The Derby and the Red Cross Christmas Raffle....they stopped Gladioli and the noisy neighbours from doing a possible quadruple; we would never have heard the last of it if they did!

Jezpeza

That is the impression that I have got of him as well.
even without that - he’s at fecking chelsea. Will be lucky to get two years there no matter what. Could literally win the fa cup and champions league and then be fecked off by ten games in next year. Di Matteo anyone?

babablue

This without winning anything yet. God help us if either Chelsea or PSG win the CL.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Tuchel's success means Pep should be fired. This is the type of logic that is so prevalent here.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Since SAF retired,

Chelsea has had 6 managers. Trophies: 2 PL titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa.

United has had 4 managers. Trophies: 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa.

Whatever they've been doing, they're way more successful post-SAF.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Trophies are important, for sure.

But everyone knows this is a wum by someone who favours Ole.

amolbhatia50k

Since SAF retired,

Chelsea has had 6 managers. Trophies: 2 PL titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa.

United has had 4 managers. Trophies: 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa.

Whatever they've been doing, they're way more successful post-SAF.
They have no sentiment and understand that changing managers is part of modern football. We hold on to each manager for far too long as we genuinely hate changing managers as if it's this huge catastrophic event that resets everything. As Chelsea have shown it doesn't have to reset anything and you can build on the work of your previous manager.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Chelsea removed a good/average manager and replaced him with an elite level manager and are now ripping the rewards. Chelsea will be City’s main challengers next year because they took proactive steps to become challengers again. I worry we’ve missed a trick by not doing the same.
Youre welcome

mu4c_20le

They have no sentiment and understand that changing managers is part of modern football. We hold on to each manager for far too long as we genuinely hate changing managers as if it's this huge catastrophic event that resets everything. As Chelsea have shown it doesn't have to reset anything and you can build on the work of your previous manager.
Chelsea is literally the worst example to make your case as they are run completely differently from top to bottom, their success is down to far more than just changing the manager.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This. No idea why Chelsea considered Lampard (other than the team link).

So Tuchel has taken an expensive squad (and a better starting position than Ole inherited) and is making them reach their level, something Lampard failed to do.
Transfer ban the season before and Lampard was essentially the caretaker because he's cheap when Roman wants to sack him.

amolbhatia50k

Chelsea is literally the worst example to make your case as they are run completely differently from top to bottom, their success is down to far more than just changing the manager.
I didn't say their success (only an FA cup this season so far) is only down to changing their manager. But I think we are too far on the other end of the spectrum.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tuchel's only been there for 2 minutes. Let's see how he does next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.