Domestic transfer window - will we buy and sell?

Fooza

Closing 17:00 BST on 16th October 2020

Looks like that's it with incomings, will we sell or buy any new players in the domestic window, if so who?

Romero definitely needs selling, if we can find a buyer. Waste of wages...

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I dont think we are allowed buy from PL clubs.

That means two Deadline Days essentially this window.

But Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs - either loans or permanent registrations - during the additional period.

Fooza

I thought we were allowed but they won't be registered for Champions league.

Edit: you're right, there goes the panic Plan Z plan

croadyman

I thought we were allowed but they won't be registered for Champions league.
I am pretty sure it's only deals between PL & EFL clubs and you are right about them not eligible for champions league

Sparky Rhiwabon

Jack Wilshere is now a free agent. Could he be the deep lying playmaker we need, to take pressure off Matic? If he can stay fit.

starman

Lingard (Spurs) Romero (Everton) sold

Jones (Fulham) and James (Leeds) loaned

Brooks or Sarr in

croadyman

Maybe we should still enquire for Brooks,perhaps he can play more as a RWF than a natural RW

NoPace

Sarr in on loan til January with an option to buy would make sense.

ti vu

Only if TFM, Tuanzebe are happy to be loaned to Championship, I don't see how we would be able to buy now. We're back to 2 players over the limit despite just selling Smalling.

Grant may be sellable to lower league, but that's it.

croadyman

Only if TFM, Tuanzebe are happy to be loaned to Championship, I don't see how we would be able to buy now. We're back to 2 players over the limit despite just selling Smalling.

Grant may be sellable to lower league, but that's it
Yeah that is going to be the biggest problem in regards to the domestic window,also clubs in the lower leagues will not be able to afford the wages for our deadwood either

Maybe we could have tried for Benrahma, after all Chelsea were looking at him very closely and look how his old mate Watkins has taken to the premier league already.

Another option could be Buendia who is a natural right sided player that we should look at before the 16 Oct as well.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I see only TFM moving to a lower league club, if at all. Others are on too big a wages and won't even fancy a move to lower division.

croadyman

Does anyone genuinely see us signing a starter RW or CB from the championship?

Craig Ward

Does anyone genuinely see us signing a starter RW or CB from the championship?
I hope the talk of Sarr doesn't materialise. He isn't worth the outlay

We are desperate for a CB but we need someone a lot better than anyone in the championship. That will have to wait until Jan/Next summer sadly.

I can't see any of our current lot moving to the championship, however we still have a lot of players that wont feature at all or very sparingly this season for us:
Rojo/Jones/Romero/Lingard/Grant

reddevilz007

Yeah that is going to be the biggest problem in regards to the domestic window,also clubs in the lower leagues will not be able to afford the wages for our deadwood either

Maybe we could have tried for Benrahma, after all Chelsea were looking at him very closely and look how his old mate Watkins has taken to the premier league already.

Another option could be Buendia who is a natural right sided player that we should look at before the 16 Oct as well.
Benrahma sure loves to nutmeg his opponents :)

Besides, we do need a cover for Rashford on the left, and this player will be able to unlock those low defensive block, unlike James

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Grant may be sellable to lower league, but that's it.
Grant should be released at this point, especially if Romero is staying

Foxbatt

Is there anyone in the Championship that is worth taking a punt? As for our players going on loan or selling it depends on the salaries. If we are agreeable to pay some part of their salaries they may go to the championship. Rojo and Romero may be able to get playing regularly.

bucky

Is there anyone in the Championship that is worth taking a punt? As for our players going on loan or selling it depends on the salaries. If we are agreeable to pay some part of their salaries they may go to the championship. Rojo and Romero may be able to get playing regularly.
Mentioned him a few times, as have others, but I think Buendia is defnitely worth the punt. He ended his season poorly, but he was for the most part Norwich's best player and he definitely is a player, who would work against teams that defend with a deep block.

Artorias

Benrahma and Buendia. Both very good and cheap players that are better than our squad player at least.

Hanky panky

Sarr in on loan til January with an option to buy would make sense.
For me doesn't make sense at all. We just bought two young rw:s and Sarr is nothing special. And he would cost like 40M or so.

Maureen-yo

Joe Rodon? Swansea CB, we were linked and so were Spurs?

Edit: just seen spurs may have offered £18 million for him. Playing for Wales tomorrow night against England.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lads the wages that Lingard and Jones and whoever are on, means very few Championship sides can afford them.

Bwuk

I’d be up for loaning Mengi out.

Rightly or wrongly, we have Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Jones and Tuanzebe ahead of him.

Think a years loan would do him great and potentially position himself well as the 4th CB next season as I’d be surprised and disappointed if all of the above are still here next year.

Varun1

I can't see Lingard agreeing to a move to the Championship. Jones should take a pay cut and move back to Blackburn to resurrect his career, although I don't know who they have in that position.

croadyman

I can't see Lingard agreeing to a move to the Championship. Jones should take a pay cut and move back to Blackburn to resurrect his career, although I don't know who they have in that position.
Are there any other windows still open apart from Portugal

Craig Ward

I’d be up for loaning Mengi out.

Rightly or wrongly, we have Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Jones and Tuanzebe ahead of him.

Think a years loan would do him great and potentially position himself well as the 4th CB next season as I’d be surprised and disappointed if all of the above are still here next year.
I'd have Mengi ahead of Rojo and Jones, who I think should never feature for the club again. We know what they offer, we know they dont feature long term. Just get rid.

Tuanzebe is on thin ice. Pointless waiting for him to develop if he's never fit, If he can string some games together and impress then he goes above Bailly and maybe even Lindelof.

Bailly similar - he's stayed fit for a while now but doesnt seem to be streets ahead of Lindelof, who is pretty average himself.

I'd play Mengi in cup games and if he does well keep him around the squad. Much better for him to stay in my opinion