Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRockter

Diving bastard can stay in that wasteland of a city he currently resides.. This is what a modern man is..nothing..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ancelotti has turned him into a brilliant player. Between him and Abraham to start for England up top IMO, with Kane out.

MonkeysMagic

The sort of limited, non-technical footballer that plied their trade in the 1st division in the 80s. So he can jump and head a ball, if that qualifies you as a PL striker then good luck!

izec

He is looking to dive at every opportunity, he looks for the contact and positions his body in a way that once you touch him, he is on the ground, fecking twat

Acole9

Outstanding
Surprised he hasn't really been talked about for England.

izec

His style won't work in international football. He is a PL player through and through. A lot of hard work and running, hustling and scoring the ugly goals. Diving and conning naive referees as well. Plays like a 'hard' man but dives at every touch from the defender.

But while he will draw fouls, he will also get called off a lot of his plays in international football, where physicality is more punished. It is always the case. Players like him work great in the PL, where refs let it go more often and attackers like him have an advantage , not so much anywhere else.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Good player, seems to have a good attitude as well. Not sure will be a top 4 player, but could do a job.

Welbeckham

I think people underrate his technical ability. His physique and work-rate are very impressive, and he’s clearly developing as a goal-scorer too. His tenacious playing style reminds me of early Vardy, there is lots of potential.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think people underrate his technical ability. His physique and work-rate are very impressive, and he’s clearly developing as a goal-scorer too. His tenacious playing style reminds me of early Vardy, there is lots of potential.
Yeah his impact right now is like a poor man's vardy but unlike vardy he relishes contact and physicality. Vardy is a pest but he doesn't bruise up the defenders like Calvert lewin does. In turn vardy is a much better finisher and it takes a lot more from Calvert Levin to make that step up.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If his goalscoring run is more than just a purple patch, I'd quite like him here. Would be nice to have a mobile target man for the first time in a while.

starman

Wouldn't mind him with Rashford and another quality right sided player beside him.
He holds the ball up well, is fast and has high workrate. He's also a decent poacher.
I don't think you need a world class central player, just someone that allows others in the team to excel

bsCallout

He's definitely not who i'd want. He is a handful and plays good as a no.9 in a two but I don't actually think he's that good.

I'd actually like Jota who I think would be cheaper than an Everton player.

Rashford - Jota - Sancho with James - Martial - Greenwood as backups/rotation.

The interesting thing is, if we get Grealish I don't think we get Sancho, even if we sold Pogba.

Could Grealish play in a midfield 3 with Bruno & Fred/McT?

Sancho and a CF(Jota) might be enough to be honest.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You do realise he’s scored 13 league goals this season... three more than Martial
Far better player than Martial and he has a much better attitude and workrate.

No comparison in my opinion.
Better than Abraham as well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a ‘handful’, but I don’t think he’s a top level striker.

Edit: I posted whilst on page 1. Handful was already used 4 times on page 2. :D

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He is looking to dive at every opportunity, he looks for the contact and positions his body in a way that once you touch him, he is on the ground, fecking twat
Which player isn't looking to dive at every opportunity.

izec

Which player isn't looking to dive at every opportunity.
Plenty. I don't think a single United player manufactured a contact today or fell lightly.

Lewin isn't just doing it occasionally, his whole game is based on that. Getting free kicks and waiting for a defender to touch him so that he can claim a freekick. Half of the free kicks were won today by that twat falling down easily. A guy with his size shouldn't be on the ground as much as he is. And the most annoying thing is that he is physical with defenders himself when chasing them, but once he is on the ball and they are challenging, he falls over like a toddler. Massive twat, can't stand guys like him.

Paul_Scholes18

Could be a good squad option for us. Although going to cost far too much for a squad option.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Plenty. I don't think a single United player manufactured a contact today or fell lightly.

Lewin isn't just doing it occasionally, his whole game is based on that. Getting free kicks and waiting for a defender to touch him so that he can claim a freekick. Half of the free kicks were won today by that twat falling down easily. A guy with his size shouldn't be on the ground as much as he is. And the most annoying thing is that he is physical with defenders himself when chasing them, but once he is on the ball and they are challenging, he falls over like a toddler. Twat
As a football fan, I hate diving because it is cheating.
But it is endemic, unfortunately.

And to believe that Manchester United players don't do it is naive.

Martial falls over if anyone looks at him. Rashford is not immune from diving as well.
Luke Young was one of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.