Dominic Calvert-Lewindowski

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Isn't Tammy Abraham having a similar run with Swansea with fewer minutes played?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Abraham poaches goals but showed in the recent England games his hold up play isn't great. Correct decision by Chelsea to sent him out on loan again. Problem for them is Bataushyi isn't that much better.

I do like Calvert-Lewin though. Not sure he's a central striker though. Might be more of a wide forward in a front three. Sheffield United have a good record with players that come out of their academy, Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire etc.

Robbie Boy

I don't really know what to make of him. He seems to be doing a decent enough job, but I genuinely don't think he looks that good.

haram

He's an interesting talent along with Abraham and Solanke. All three could go either way tbh. It seems like he is working hard though so at least his mentality looks like it is in the right place.

Needham

He's had no end of opportunity to shine this season in a poor side. Hasn't done so. No sign of a special spark.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Actually think he's looked decent. For such a young inexperienced player he knows how to use his frame and height. Was pretty good yesterday, holding up the ball well. Doesn't look fazed.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
He's had no end of opportunity to shine this season in a poor side. Hasn't done so. No sign of a special spark.
Tbf I think it's pretty hard for a forward player to shine in a poor side. Much more so than a keeper for example. That said he's looked pretty good to me whenever I've seen him play.

Classical Mechanic

Is this some sort of reverse logic? Surely it is a lot harder to shine in a struggling side?

He has 7 goals and 4 assists for the so far this season, it isn't too bad for a 20 year old in a struggling side.

It feels like he is't involved enough when you watch him but he usually has one or two moments in a game when he shows a high skill level, like the back heel assist the other week and last night when he control and turned that high ball on his chest.

Needham

Stats not too bad, but so often the ball doesn't stick. As a result, Everton were back defending when they really needed a break.

lsd

The Oracle
Doubt he will play much once Sam gets a striker in Jan

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Big Fan of Dom. Think he's got some very good attributes to be a top 6 team forward. Needs to work on his finishing though, there was a one on one last night he totally fluffed. Seems more humble than Solanke, who think's he's better than he is. Would much prefer Calvert-Lewin as an option at the WC

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I've described him as 'industrious' in the past which I still think fits him well; always willing to compete for the high-ball, to make runs over the top, move in to channels. Shows a willingness to adapt to different roles in that sense and be used in multiple ways, works hard and makes CB's work physically if nothing else.

Needs to work on his finishing and adding goals to his game, maybe he'll never become that player and that's what might hold him back from being a top quality striker, but he might end up like a better Victor Anichebe that can have a decent, sustained PL career around the mid-to-bottom clubs.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's 20. He's been thrown into a team that's massively under-performed and lack serious balance. How can anyone write him off so soon?

Robbie Boy

Doubt he will play much once Sam gets a striker in Jan
Yeah he is basically only playing because of a lack of options. If you take his stats and look at him that way, he looks ok. However, I've seen a-fair-bit of Everton this season and I just don't really see it with him. Still though, he looks a useful squad player and who knows how he'll develop.

Robbie Boy

He's 20. He's been thrown into a team that's massively under-performed and lack serious balance. How can anyone write him off so soon?
Don't think anyone is really. I was actually looking at his thread over on GrandOldTeam (main Everton forum) and they are equally as sceptical about him. He's just a curious case, as in, his stats are decent but if you've watched enough of him, you'll see he just doesn't look very good quite often.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't think anyone is really. I was actually looking at his thread over on GrandOldTeam (main Everton forum) and they are equally as sceptical about him. He's just a curious case, as in, his stats are decent but if you've watched enough of him, you'll see he just doesn't look very good quite often.
Fair enough. I have tried to not watch Everton this season but since Sam came in it's a bit different. Watched the game last night and thought he did fine for them, albeit against the worst team in the league.

Robbie Boy

Fair enough. I have tried to not watch Everton this season but since Sam came in it's a bit different. Watched the game last night and thought he did fine for them, albeit against the worst team in the league.
He's done grand since coming in all things considered but I imagine he'll be benched come January when Everton will surely bring someone in. Still though, he's young and could well improve to a decent level.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
He was very useful against Newcastle. He also scored an important equalizer yesterday. Everton have many promising young players in their starter XI. I reckon they could build a very good team. Their substitutes Davies and Lookman looked very promising as well.

Robbie Boy

He was very useful against Newcastle. He also scored an important equalizer yesterday. Everton have many promising young players in their starter XI. I reckon they could build a very good team. Their substitutes Davies and Lookman looked very promising as well.
Davies should be starting beside Gueye instead of Schneiderlin, who has been absolutely woeful. Also, Lookman has been criminally underused considering Everton have been crying out for pace in their team all season in Bloasie's absence.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hes ok.

Lets see what Sam manages to do with him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm not sure yet. He hasn't stuck out of the team. I watched the game yesterday and he was ok and the other two games I remember him in, one of which was a wing back, he didn't stand out either.

Since people like to bring up stats, Niasse has a goal or an assist every 70 minute in the league.

SaboTaj

Is it just me or does he really win an abnormally large number of headers for his physique and age. They’re mostly well directed headers as well.

Runner

feels like hes always on the scoresheet for them. regret to say i havent watched a single Everton game (other than against us) this season so i dont have an opinion on him.

Robbie Boy

Have to say, I've been very impressed with him lately. He certainly isn't ever going to be a prolific scorer but he's leading the line well and and doing a very selfless job. I mean, he probably only got a chance, because well, he isn't Tosun. But yeah, he's slightly proving me wrong - as I initially thought he looked proper wank - and he's been quite good of late.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Have to say, I've been very impressed with him lately. He certainly isn't ever going to be a prolific scorer but he's leading the line well and and doing a very selfless job. I mean, he probably only got a chance, because well, he isn't Tosun. But yeah, he's slightly proving me wrong - as I initially thought he looked proper wank - and he's been quite good of late.
It's funny, we have gone from a goalscorer in Lukaku who needed to improve his overall play to a workhorse in DCL who needs to improve his goalscoring. He's quality though, his gangly frame is excellent at irritating defenders in the air and he's been a vital cog in our recent form.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's funny, we have gone from a goalscorer in Lukaku who needed to improve his overall play to a workhorse in DCL who needs to improve his goalscoring. He's quality though, his gangly frame is excellent at irritating defenders in the air and he's been a vital cog in our recent form.
He actually troubled VVD a couple of times in the air when you played Pool, which was very impressive. Like you said, it's just the goalscoring aspect that needs to improve and you'll have a great striker on your hand!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I really like him.

Not every central striker is going to score 15-20 goals a season, indeed only a few of the elite strikers seem to do it nowadays.

DCL dosen't really have the strikers instinct yet and he may never get it (Heskey never had it and he did alright in his career) but I think he's got lots of other good aspects to his game, can hold it up, chase lost causes and give back 4s a really tough time as he did on Sunday and also v Arsenal.

If he can do that then likes of Sigurdsson and Richarlison can be the ones to score the goals.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Same from my side. Just could never see what he actually excels at to become a PL level striker. But he's done well recently. One of those tireless workers for his team upfront. Long term, he's still going to have to add goals/end product to his game though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's an interesting talent along with Abraham and Solanke. All three could go either way tbh. It seems like he is working hard though so at least his mentality looks like it is in the right place.
Tammy will get his chance somewhere in the prem again next season. Having watch him for a full season now fantastic scorer no doubt but I still think at the top level his hold up play will be found out although you obviously have strikers at the top clubs who aren't great at it like Lukaku.

That old cheshnut but if you combined Calvert-Lewin and Tammy you'd have an amazing all round young striker.

Dom Solanke...so much hype over this player who hardly played at Chelsea or Liverpool. Has he even scored for Bournemouth yet? Too much money too young I suspct.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I really like him.

Not every central striker is going to score 15-20 goals a season, indeed only a few of the elite strikers seem to do it nowadays.

DCL dosen't really have the strikers instinct yet and he may never get it (Heskey never had it and he did alright in his career) but I think he's got lots of other good aspects to his game, can hold it up, chase lost causes and give back 4s a really tough time as he did on Sunday and also v Arsenal.

If he can do that then likes of Sigurdsson and Richarlison can be the ones to score the goals.
The goals he’s scored have been really good, I think his main problem is that he’s sometimes guilty at the moment of overplaying it in the crucial moments instead of shooting which will come with time. He just needs to develop a killer instinct like you say and score more scrappy goals (deflected shots etc).

Classical Mechanic

Think Everton will look to upgrade on him in the summer. They didn’t bring Marco Silva in to be hitting DCL long and score from long throw ins. He’s a useful player for teams that want to win ugly, he’s really good at holding the ball up and winning headers, he can dominate centre backs in that regard, he did it to us and Arsenal recently.

Sometimes he produces some nice technical moments But you just wouldn’t bet on him scoring a one on one. If he can work on his finishing he could become a good player.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It wouldn't surprise me if Woodward decides to sign both Lewandowski and Lewindowski next transfer window just because He thinks it's cool. Fecking prick.

Stadjer

Tammy will get his chance somewhere in the prem again next season. Having watch him for a full season now fantastic scorer no doubt but I still think at the top level his hold up play will be found out although you obviously have strikers at the top clubs who aren't great at it like Lukaku.

That old cheshnut but if you combined Calvert-Lewin and Tammy you'd have an amazing all round young striker.

Dom Solanke...so much hype over this player who hardly played at Chelsea or Liverpool. Has he even scored for Bournemouth yet? Too much money too young I suspct.
He did pretty well in the Eredivisie and got injured after he went back to England i think. He is a decent player but he wasnt worth the money Bournemouth did pay for him.. English tax i guess?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Think Everton will look to upgrade on him in the summer. They didn’t bring Marco Silva in to be hitting DCL long and score from long throw ins. He’s a useful player for teams that want to win ugly, he’s really good at holding the ball up and winning headers, he can dominate centre backs in that regard, he did it to us and Arsenal recently.

Sometimes he produces some nice technical moments But you just wouldn’t bet on him scoring a one on one. If he can work on his finishing he could become a good player.
He has every other thing in a good target man except finishing and an eye for goal

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Really impressed with him- very nuisance in the air.

Everton are becoming a very likeable club for me.

JoaquinJoaquin

He isn't good. Everton will never progress while they don't have a top calibre striker, and Calvert-Lewin will probably be playing for someone like Preston in 3 years.

dbs235

He isn't good. Everton will never progress while they don't have a top calibre striker, and Calvert-Lewin will probably be playing for someone like Preston in 3 years.
Think he's shown enough that he'll most likely always be in the Premier League. Probably wont be good enough to start for where Everton are aiming to be in the future.