Dominic Calvert-Lewindowski

The White Pele

Really didn’t think he was capable of this kind of form. Haven’t seen the performances but the goals speak for themselves right now.

Zlatattack

The last striker we bought off Everton did alright. Maybe we could send young Jesse the other way too?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hmmmmm. Something is brewing with him. Turning into a very good player. Sign next summer.

arthurka

Thought he was developing into a great player last season. Having a blitz start to the season, Ancelotti working wonders with him.

ti vu

I’d love it if United signed him... you could see how much he was improving last season and he’s going to get even better.

He’ll be challenging Kane to be England’s #9 before long.
That's a bit carried away. Kane has better play making (not just link up) ability, and ability to pull some crazy shot. As slow as Kane, he had been doing quite well as lone striker surrounding by defenders. Some of his goals were really individual brilliance.

DCL is getting prolific, but he's very predictable. Sharing the burden, maybe? Challenging is a bit immature. DCL need to do more, and/or Kane becoming really shite.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Should have bought him last season when he showed a glimpse of his talent. Called it that we should be interested in such a player. However at this rate, he won’t want to be back up to Martial

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What's his all-round game like ?
Seems like he doesn't involve himself too much in the build-up play but is there to finish off the chances.

Should have bought him last season when he showed a glimpse of his talent. Called it that we should be interested in such a player. However at this rate, he won’t want to be back up to Martial
Should have bought him 4 years ago...

Pleased to see him playing well, and interested to see if he can continue this form. Could be a really good option for England - would like to see him in that setup. Although as an aside, I think all internationals until the Euros should be cancelled for the greater good.

Castia

Seems like he doesn't involve himself too much in the build-up play but is there to finish off the chances.
From what I saw last season he was a ‘target man’ style striker who would look to control the ball and hold up play, he would also put a shift in for 90 minutes but Ancelotti has got him playing within the box as a poacher and it’s working wonders.

Classical Mechanic

He’s a traditional 9, he runs hard (although not quick), he’s strong and aggressive, fights with defenders and you can hit him long. He’s good in the air both when hit long and when in the box facing goal.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@SilentWitness what are we seeing here? He a player who's destined for the top, or someone in the form of his life?

Haven't paid any attention to him, but his name keeps popping up of late.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@SilentWitness what are we seeing here? He a player who's destined for the top, or someone in the form of his life?

Haven't paid any attention to him, but his name keeps popping up of late.
Natural progression of a striker that isn't tossed to the side but is trusted and had faith put into him. He's slowly worked his way to being our no.1 striker and he had an impressive first full season of it last year and now in his 2nd season of it (5th overall with us but 2nd as the main striker) with Ancelotti he's reaping the rewards. He and the club have been patient and it looks like it will pay off. The downside of his game has always been his finishing but Ancelotti looks to have unlocked that potential in him. His hold up play was always oustanding and there aren't many strikers in the league that can do it in his style because he's so awkward to deal with - lanky (although he's beefed up since the early days) and uses his body like it should be used.

It's a mix of the two. He's clearly in the form of his life but nothing about it is luck, he seems to be someone that listens and learns and I think he will go onto be a very good PL striker. 20 goals a season player is possible.

K_Ash

Tammy Abraham started last season hot too, if I recall properly?!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Natural progression of a striker that isn't tossed to the side but is trusted and had faith put into him. He's slowly worked his way to being our no.1 striker and he had an impressive first full season of it last year and now in his 2nd season of it (5th overall with us but 2nd as the main striker) with Ancelotti he's reaping the rewards. He and the club have been patient and it looks like it will pay off. The downside of his game has always been his finishing but Ancelotti looks to have unlocked that potential in him. His hold up play was always oustanding and there aren't many strikers in the league that can do it in his style because he's so awkward to deal with - lanky (although he's beefed up since the early days) and uses his body like it should be used.

It's a mix of the two. He's clearly in the form of his life but nothing about it is luck, he seems to be someone that listens and learns and I think he will go onto be a very good PL striker. 20 goals a season player is possible.
Cheers. He's certainly drawing attention with his start to the season!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Still not convinced he has a level above Everton in that he's never going to be a first choice CF for a team with title aspirations

Very much a throw back CF, good with his back to goal and in the 6 yard box

TsuWave

He’s bagging, but I’m not really a fan of these target man types

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Still not convinced he has a level above Everton in that he's never going to be a first choice CF for a team with title aspirations

Very much a throw back CF, good with his back to goal and in the 6 yard box
I'm not claiming he's going to be an elite player, but I don't think he'd look out of place in that Liverpool side with Mane and Salah either side of him, getting on the end of deliveries from Robertson and Alexander-Arnold.

Won't be surprised if he's 2nd choice for England soon.

MrBest

Calvert-Lewin, Greenwood, Sterling, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi, Kane, Sancho, Zaha, Ings, Abraham, Vardy, Wilson .. may the list go on. This is the first time in a long time I can say England has an abundance of talent. Would love to see DCL stake a claim, always been a fan of him having first seen him a few years ago live when I was living in Northampton. Really looking forward to see him progress under Ancelotti. I don't think he should move or look to move until he has done it for 3 or 4 years and at 23 now, he has plenty of time. He is a late bloomer.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Fair play, he's on fire at the moment. I always had him down as a big stick myself, never thought it would really happen for him. Then again, I confidently predicted the same for Harry Kane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
On a red hot streak right now - will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. The team seems setup to suit him very nicely and gets plenty of crosses and balls into him, his finishing seems instinctive and along with his speed and strength he could become a really good player. Lewandowski is a good comparison if he can keep improving.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didnt watch today's game.

Well done to him and he deserves some attention, however is this more a result from the creativity of the players around him now playing under a good manager?

matsdf

I don't really rate him at all, I don't trust his finishing. That being said. What he is doing at the moment is nothing short of brilliant.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Calvert-Lewin, Greenwood, Sterling, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi, Kane, Sancho, Zaha, Ings, Abraham, Vardy, Wilson .. may the list go on. This is the first time in a long time I can say England has an abundance of talent. Would love to see DCL stake a claim, always been a fan of him having first seen him a few years ago live when I was living in Northampton. Really looking forward to see him progress under Ancelotti. I don't think he should move or look to move until he has done it for 3 or 4 years and at 23 now, he has plenty of time. He is a late bloomer.
Plays for Ivory Coast, and he's retired from international football. Abraham & Wilson aren't good enough imo, the rest you mentioned are wingers which along with RB I say is England's most stocked position. England's stock with strikers is limited, only Kane, DCL & Ings (on form) are good enough right now.

Number32

He must be forced to watch Pipo Inzaghi's poacher move by Anceloti.

No sublime technical ability, no pace, just a pure instinc to run into danger area then grab the goals.

This is the lost art of 90's strikers, before Messi-Ronaldo and the false 9 take over the world of football.

SambaBoy

He was always a handful for defenders even a few years back. He loves to compete and try win balls he has no right too, combined with decent pace and a willingness to run in behind or run the channels. He always looked like he did a job for the team.

He's now finishing his chances and trying to get into goalscoring positions.

TheRedHearted

Who should manage them?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
All 3 of his goals exhibit something different.

1st goal - excellent first touch.
2nd goal - brilliant movement.
3rd goal - great finish.

Diverse.

#opta

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd be surprised if he can keep this up. He had run of 8 goals in Ancelotti's first 13 games and then didn't score in the next 11, and he's just a poor technical finisher. You can finish on instinct when things are flowing but that never lasts. Even if he does average 15 goals a season I'd say he's definitely good enough for the CL, and I'd love him as an alternative to Martial.