Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resch

Austrian press and some english media, if you can call them so, are reporting about Chelsea and Arsenal interested signing the 19 year old. Manchster United is watching him too.
Would be a perfect signing, could cover Bruno, Pogba and Rashford. Has a body built for the PL. At 19 the dominating player of the Austrian Bundesliga (9 goals and 14 assists in 27) after Haaland left. His passing and shooting is insane for his age, but he sometimes looses his focus.

D. Szoboszlai Transfermarkt

Not the best source: The Sun
Salzburger Nachrichten (paywall)

onemanarmy

Bought him in Football Manager, absolute beast of a player. That's all I know about him. :lol:

sp_107

19 year old Austrian
Plays on left side or in ACM position
Good Dribbling/Crossing/Technique
12 goals and 18 assists this year.
Can get him for 20M
Good cover for Rashford.
Great alternative to Grealish

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Like this player be great if we got him, I would take him over Grealish or VDB

jamesjimmybyrondean

And people want us to spend 60m + on Grealish when you can get gems like these for cheap. Then fans will complain in 3 years how Leicester bought him for 20m and are selling him for 80

NinjaFletch

19 year old Austrian
Plays on left side or in ACM position
Good Dribbling/Crossing/Technique
12 goals and 18 assists this year.
Can get him for 20M
Good cover for Rashford.
Great alternative to Grealish
He's Hungarian.

led_scholes

A Hungarian right footed Left midfielder playing in Austria.

Sign him. I like players with Duality..

I ll get my coat.

AneRu

And people want us to spend 60m + on Grealish when you can get gems like these for cheap. Then fans will complain in 3 years how Leicester bought him for 20m and are selling him for 80
This is what we should actually be doing because you save money whilst getting a useful player who can grow to become a starter in 3 or 4 years. Would be great cover for Bruno and Rashford.

My only Eric

Better than deadwood fc.. sign him up

No need to blow money on Jacky if we can get this lad at 20 mil

onemanarmy

This is what we should actually be doing because you save money whilst getting a useful player who can grow to become a starter in 3 or 4 years. Would be great cover for Bruno and Rashford.
And that's exactly why those players often go to Leicester, Everton, Dortmund first... He probably wouldn't be first choice here for at least 2-3 seasons. He can earn a shitload of money at other teams where he would be garantueed a starting spot, while developing. At this point he would be only 21-22 before he can move to a top club for a huge price. It would be the smart move for him.

AneRu

And that's exactly why those players often go to Leicester, Everton, Dortmund first... He probably wouldn't be first choice here for at least 2-3 seasons. He can earn a shitload of money at other teams where he would be garantueed a starting spot, while developing. At this point he would be only 21-22 before he can move to a top club for a huge price. It would be the smart move for him.
But with the amount of games we play we could guarantee him something like 25 starts and many more off the bench appearances. It's just that we don't go for many of these players when we should and lately we haven't been stable enough to have a deliberate plan wrt rotation and squad depth.

jamesjimmybyrondean

But with the amount of games we play we could guarantee him something like 25 starts and many more off the bench appearances. It's just that we don't go for many of these players when we should and lately we haven't been stable enough to have a deliberate plan wrt rotation and squad depth.
We used to make these types of signings back then under SAF

AneRu

Yes this is why I said we haven't been stable enough as a club over the last six or summers to make moves like this. We have gone into each post Fergie summer needing to sign four or five starters and were a bit of a joke in football circles but now we are in a position to sign Sancho and couple of highly rated young players to fill out the squad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If you are among the best clubs in the world that also likes to develop youth, sometimes players like this guy will opt to join you. We made signings like these under SAF. Madrid is currently building an empire of young exciting players whilst having established world class players

onemanarmy

If you are among the best clubs in the world that also likes to develop youth, sometimes players like this guy will opt to join you. We made signings like these under SAF. Madrid is currently building an empire of young exciting players whilst having established world class players
I understand your point, but most of those Madrid players you mention have been bought for a lot of money, they were hardly cheap talents. If he's good enough, he's old enough but if you have Pogba and Bruno to compete with, I'd understand a young player to first go to a smaller team to make some progression and rather join a few years later.

0le

United have been scooping up young or "ready to make the next step" talent left, right and centre for years... So your pessimism is simply unfounded. Some of these did not work out but that does not negate the point.

Here is a list since Fergie left:
Arnau Puigmal
Aliou Traoré
Ethan Galbraith
Largie Ramazani
Tahith Chong - Free transfer
Dillon Hoogewerf - £117,000
Björn Hardley - £189,000
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - £342,000
Lukasz Bejger - £405,000
Mateo Mejia - £603,000
Saidy Janko - €800,000
Vanja Milinković-Savić - £1.58m
Guillermo Varela - €2.40m
Hannibal Mejbri - £9m
Daley Blind - £15.75m
Marcos Rojo - £18m
Daniel James - £15.3m
Diogo Dalot - £19.8m
Martial - £54m

United linked to players in this window:
Alvaro Fernandez - Redcafe thread
Marc Jurado - Redcafe thread

Sources:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985
https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united-u21/alletransfers/verein/9251
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united-u18/alletransfers/verein/5242

jamesjimmybyrondean

United have been scooping up young or "ready to make the next step" talent left, right and centre for years... So your pessimism is simply unfounded. Some of these did not work out but that does not negate the point.

Here is a list since Fergie left:
Arnau Puigmal
Aliou Traoré
Ethan Galbraith
Largie Ramazani
Tahith Chong - Free transfer
Dillon Hoogewerf - £117,000
Björn Hardley - £189,000
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - £342,000
Lukasz Bejger - £405,000
Mateo Mejia - £603,000
Saidy Janko - €800,000
Vanja Milinković-Savić - £1.58m
Guillermo Varela - €2.40m
Hannibal Mejbri - £9m
Daley Blind - £15.75m
Marcos Rojo - £18m
Daniel James - £15.3m
Diogo Dalot - £19.8m

Martial - £54m

United linked to players in this window:
Alvaro Fernandez - Redcafe thread
Marc Jurado - Redcafe thread

Sources:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985
https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united-u21/alletransfers/verein/9251
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united-u18/alletransfers/verein/5242
If you understand what I'm saying then you would know your list does not prove any point at all. At least half of the players in your list are academy players that hadn't or haven't even played professional football. And out of those players that have, only Martial had a comparable quality or was as highly rated as Szoboszlai currently is. And he isn't doing to bad now

jamesjimmybyrondean

I understand your point, but most of those Madrid players you mention have been bought for a lot of money, they were hardly cheap talents. If he's good enough, he's old enough but if you have Pogba and Bruno to compete with, I'd understand a young player to first go to a smaller team to make some progression and rather join a few years later.
It's all up to the player really

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
We have fans who can't spell Pereira and Rafael, wonder how this will go.

lysglimt

Scout
We have fans who can't spell Pereira and Rafael, wonder how this will go.
How did we do when trying to spell Thomas Kuszczak ? My personal "favourite" was Clayton Blackmore constantly pronouncing Vidic as Vidick

0le

If you understand what I'm saying then you would know your list does not prove any point at all. At least half of the players in your list are academy players that hadn't or haven't even played professional football. And out of those players that have, only Martial had a comparable quality or was as highly rated as Szoboszlai currently is. And he isn't doing to bad now
I mean we are linked with Sancho right now, one of the best young players in world football, but I guess that doesn't count either right...

Dalot, Rojo, Darmian and AWB don't count because I guess in your mind they are not "highly rated"? I guess Bruno doesn't count either because he is too old to meet your criteria?

Your point does not make any sense. You want us to sign ready made young talent that can play a certain number of games in our first team, and completely ignore that we have been doing that already, it is just that some of those players have not worked out, despite coming with high expectations.

You also ignore the fact we sign academy players to fit this purpose and we've already seem some of that come through such as Fosu, Pereira (Fergie signing) and we'll see the benefits of that approach in a few years time. Literally the very thing you want us to do and you are discarding it because those players are not quite ready...

jamesjimmybyrondean

I mean we are linked with Sancho right now, one of the best young players in world football, but I guess that doesn't count either right...

Dalot, Rojo, Darmian and AWB don't count because I guess in your mind they are not "highly rated"? I guess Bruno doesn't count either because he is too old to meet your criteria?

Your point does not make any sense. You want us to sign ready made young talent that can play a certain number of games in our first team, and completely ignore that we have been doing that already, it is just that some of those players have not worked out, despite coming with high expectations.
Clearly you don't understand my point and I'm sure you're not open minded enough to do so seeing how unnecessarily aggressive your posts are. So I'll end it here

0le

Clearly you don't understand my point and I'm sure you're not open minded enough to do so seeing how unnecessarily aggressive your posts are. So I'll end it here
:D

You are not open-minded to see the club has actually tried to do the very things you are moaning about. Starting to wonder if you are WUM to be honest.

jamesjimmybyrondean

:D

You are not open-minded to see the club has actually tried to do the very things you are moaning about. Starting to wonder if you are WUM to be honest.
Except you don't understand what I'm moaning about clearly. And I'm sure you wouldn't so I'm not going to let this drag unnecessarily. You can reply if you want to have the last word

0le

Except you don't understand what I'm moaning about clearly. And I'm sure you wouldn't so I'm not going to let this drag unnecessarily. You can reply if you want to have the last word
Okay, what have I misunderstood about your point?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Okay, what have I misunderstood about your point?
My point is this guy who is highly rated and plays in the same position would cost 40-60m less than Grealish. If we pay 60-80m on Grealish now we could have instead gotten this guy or VdB who would not only solve our lack of quality depth in AM issue but we would still have cash to spend on another position of priority. I think SAF would have opted to sign this guy or a VdB (low risk high reward) for rotation instead of spending 60-80m on Grealish which some are suggesting we should do.

0le

My point is this guy who is highly rated and plays in the same position would cost 40-60m less than Grealish. If we pay 60-80m on Grealish now we could have instead gotten this guy or VdB who would not only solve our lack of quality depth in AM issue but we would still have cash to spend on another position of priority. I think SAF would have opted to sign this guy or a VdB (low risk high reward) for rotation instead of spending 60-80m on Grealish which some are suggesting we should do.
But that ultimately depends on your opinion about Grealish rather than any policy or lack of policy by the club. If you don't rate Grealish than fair enough, but Ole and some other United fans do. Grealish could well turn out to be a significantly better player than Dom and then the higher fee would be justified.

More importantly is that the very source linked in the article from the original post states that United are interested in him anyway:
Manchester United, Chelsea, AC Milan and Atletico Madrid are also chasing the gifted 19-year-old.
I also think you are being incredibly harsh on United fans. Nearly every United fan on the Grealish page has said £80m is too expensive and the journalists have also said United think this is too much as well.

jamesjimmybyrondean

But that ultimately depends on your opinion about Grealish rather than any policy or lack of policy by the club. If you don't rate Grealish than fair enough, but Ole and some other United fans do. Grealish could well turn out to be a significantly better player than Dom and then the higher fee would be justified.

More importantly is that the very source linked in the article from the original post states that United are interested in him anyway:

I also think you are being incredibly harsh on United fans. Nearly every United fan on the Grealish page has said £80m is too expensive and the journalists have also said United think this is too much as well.
I was being incredibly harsh because I've seen some posts saying we should spend 60m on him which I think is bizzare. I think the fanbase is abit divided now on people that want us to look for cheaper alternative on Grealish and people that wouldn't mind us spending 60m on him

Status
Not open for further replies.