Dominoes draft: Grand Finale - Tuppet vs Lord SInister

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuppet

Alright I am off to bed, it was a great game and if you win it would be a well deserved victory @Lord SInister , either way its a brilliant debut performance. On to the sheep draft.

Charly

Ooof what a game. I thought it would be an easy enough vote for Lord here but Tuppet has played his cards to perfection here. I agree with him in that his attack works better than Lord SInister attack. Ronaldo - Cruyff - Boniek is just perfect counter attacking machine. The decision to put Boniek deeper to utilize his work rate against Kaizer was a master stroke imo. on the other hand his midfield is decidedly weaker than Sinister. Defense are pretty close, by sheer numbers and having more conservative defenders than his opponent, Tuppet matches him well here. I think a lot of this game would hinge on Boniek and Vogts being able to turn on a performance for ages.

idmanager

Vogts has shut down a GOAT in a WC final. What more evidence do you need?
Ha, don't need any evidence at all to be honest. Why else would everyone praise the tactics and creativity involved.
Drafters don't have the pleasure of real managers to see it working in real life and having a Mourinho-esque run at Camp Nou. Except for votes of course.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Great final and excellent tactics @Tuppet This was a much closer result than I initially expected. Vogts on Maradona was genius

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Enigma_87 @Šjor Bepo

In hindsight, my posts may sound harsh so sorry for that.

Once again, you miss the whole picture and ignore other relevant aspects.
I will provide some examples to explain what I mean when I say 'the whole picture' in a context of 'Dominoes draft'

OVERVIEW - MY UNDERSTANDING

TUPPET - KEY CONSIDERATIONS

RONALDO

+ The phenomenon can destroy any defender, including any GOAT
+ The partnership Cruyff-Ronaldo would work well
- Tuppet's attack is a bit centrally oriented (Maldini is great but isn't the ultimate playmaking FB), which enables the defence of LS to be compact
- Prime Ronaldo was a CF who liked to participate in the game-building, which would mean Boniek-Cruyff in the front. Kocsis-Ronaldo would have been a better duo in this context. In another context (see team of Idmanager 4-4-2), Cruyff-Ronaldo would have a more devastating impact than here.

CRUYFF

+ Legend
+ You're right to say Boniek would release space
- To get the most out of him, I expect a greater offensive impact (see Netherlands 74) than that provided by Maldini/Zambrotta

OCWIRK

+ playmaking skills
- In terms of battle midfield, his contribution would be more limited than the opposing counterpart (Keane or Tigana)

Curious to know who will be a more modern equivalent of him in terms of style of play

VOGTS

+ Perfect player to mark Maradona. I can understand the Gentile story-telling
- Context to be taken into account LS hasn't a team of 10 sheeps + Maradona. Also, what about his playmaking/passing skills (context dominoes draft)

LS - KEY CONSIDERATIONS

+ We know the pros
- Question mark about the mobility/technical skills of a player like Kocsis
- The role of Beckenbauer is unclear but we can expect this smart guy to give a sense to this defence

OFFENSIVE STRATEGY - KEY 6 CONTRIBUTORS

- 22 great and complete players on the pitch. That said, a slight quality gap on the wings in terms of offensive contribution: Maldini+Zambrotta versus Roberto Carlos+Gerets. or versus RobertoCarlos+Cafu since the benchmark is Brazil 2002
- The partnership Gerets/Messi to be assessed in the light of the benchmark Dani Alves/Messi
- Kocsis doing the dirty job for Maradona/Messi
- Unpredictable trio Boniek/Cruyff/Ronaldo.

DEFENSIVE STRATEGY - FOCUS ON THE BACK 7

Tuppet

- Messi requires the attention of Davids/Maldini
- Prime Maradona requires that of 2 other players
- Thuram on Kocsis and Blanc

>>>>>>> Messi could be the most unmanageable player but Tuppet is more on counter-attacking mode

LS

>>>>>>> Ronaldo is the biggest threat

CONCLUSION

My posts is blah blah blah

Enigma_87

You know who
@Ecstatic one question off the top. Why is Messi on goal for LS when defending? :D Not very good tactics if you ask me, he couldn't even touch the bar even if he tries...

idmanager

Good analysis @Ecstatic
Surprised LS called this his toughest game.

For me, the Enigma game was his toughest and he would have lost it if not for some excellent posts to counter the Zico/AdS setup.
For all the Messi/Maradona/Kaiser hoopla, not a single cakewalk game in the draft for him. Must make the victory even more sweeter. Kudos @Lord SInister

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Good analysis @Ecstatic
Surprised LS called this his toughest game.

For me, the Enigma game was his toughest and he would have lost it if not for some excellent posts to counter the Zico/AdS setup.
For all the Messi/Maradona/Kaiser hoopla, not a single cakewalk game in the draft for him. Must make the victory even more sweeter. Kudos @Lord SInister
tbh the toughest was the game against you:D

idmanager

tbh the toughest was the game against you:D
That would be unfair to the other folks you faced because, the side you put up against me had way too many holes and was tactically weak as compared to what the other guys had to face.
As I have mentioned multiple times, Forster pick won you the draft IMO.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
That would be unfair to the other folks you faced because, the side you put up against me had way too many holes and was tactically weak as compared to what the other guys had to face.
As I have mentioned multiple times, Forster pick won you the draft IMO.
yes, Forster pick was a key one, and Carlos just sealed it to me.
Nesta pick IMO was not really necessary for me, but I wanted to avoid the if Nesta at 34 managed to contain Messi, what would he do at peak, plus the obvious Nesta+Maldini.
I had a thought of getting Zanetti in the final lamb pick, knowing that @Tuppet will definitely go for Thuram, since lamb draft dilemma regarding Nesta, but in the end anyways went for Nesta.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Ecstatic one question off the top. Why is Messi on goal for LS when defending? :D Not very good tactics if you ask me, he couldn't even touch the bar even if he tries...
Messi needs to take some risks if he wants the Ballon d'or this year!

yes, Forster pick was a key one, and Carlos just sealed it to me.
Nesta pick IMO was not really necessary for me, but I wanted to avoid the if Nesta at 34 managed to contain Messi, what would he do at peak, plus the obvious Nesta+Maldini.
I had a thought of getting Zanetti in the final lamb pick, knowing that @Tuppet will definitely go for Thuram, since lamb draft dilemma regarding Nesta, but in the end anyways went for Nesta.
Cheers