Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Don McGahn: former White House counsel must testify, judge rules

A federal judge ruled that the former White House counsel Don McGahn must testify before Congress, and called the Trump administration’s argument that senior White House aides had absolute immunity from testifying incompatible with America’s constitutional system. The decision has broader implications for other current and former White House officials, including the former national security adviser John Bolton, a key witness in the Ukraine scandal and impeachment inquiry. Trump’s justice department has pledged to appeal the ruling.

Raulduke

Edit: Pompeo resignation imminent maybe?

Last edited:

Raulduke

Doubt it - when have the folks leaving called for a presser? Seems every one was done via letter only.
True but isn't there talk he is running for Senate too so could he announce both at the same time?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
True but isn't there talk he is running for Senate too so could he announce both at the same time?
Using the state department platform to announce a senate bid seems at minimum highly inappropriate... Which probably means it's in the realm of possibilities given the track this administration is on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Probably another announcement like the bullshit about the occupied territories. Pompeo cannot resign. He has no shame.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wonder if anyone is actually gullible enough to believe that..

Sounds so much like satire..

Precaution

Did something alright for future Presidents, by proving the emoluments clause means absolute jack and congress will never do anything about it.

Nucks

RT History Department
Apparently a bunch of emails were leaked, that show that the insiders at the white house were concerned what they were doing was illegal.

Annnnnnd it won't make a difference to the Trumpistas.

Drifter

American
Trump denies sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden probe

The sharks are eating one another.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Rudy: I have insurance
Donny: Challenge accepted

Could this be some play where Rudy takes the hit and gets a pardon down the road?

kidbob

It's honestly scary how many people don't believe they are being manipulated in both America and the UK. The rich are making a huge power grab that could drastically change both countries and we have so many people who just accept it or even worse support it happening. Seems to me that Orwell was not just right about Communism but about all systems of government. Reading his books now just reminds me of what we are living in. Communism was never the big baddy, people seeking power over others is the problem. Worst thing is that it is just the way so many are and therefore there is no system of government that will ever work.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's honestly scary how many people don't believe they are being manipulated in both America and the UK. The rich are making a huge power grab that could drastically change both countries and we have so many people who just accept it or even worse support it happening. Seems to me that Orwell was not just right about Communism but about all systems of government. Reading his books now just reminds me of what we are living in. Communism was never the big baddy, people seeking power over others is the problem. Worst thing is that it is just the way so many are and therefore there is no system of government that will ever work.
What I find outstanding is how a bunch of conmen have managed to convince huge sections of what we describe as advanced societies they they are defenders of the little man. I was listening to an argument between two guys last week. One was saying Boris Johnson is the first PM in ages, that he feels cares about him. This was in a pub in fecking Coventry. I didn't know them so didn't get involved.

kidbob

What I find outstanding is how a bunch of conmen have managed to convince huge sections of what we describe as advanced societies they they are defenders of the little man. I was listening to an argument between two guys last week. One was saying Boris Johnson is the first PM in ages, that he feels cares about him. This was in a pub in fecking Coventry. I didn't know them so didn't get involved.
Yep I'd thought we'd moved beyond that and learned from the past but propaganda works better than ever and even worse with the internet it's now endless. I don't think that the right wing are equivalent to Nazis but one thing for sure is that Goebbels would've loved the opportunities for propaganda that they have. I guess that if you control the narrative then the world's your oyster. Fox News is the worst thing to happen in America but I honestly never thought that the English media could be manipulated or bought in such a way.

The Firestarter

I take it you've never lived under communism...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Reading the last few comments makes me wish the Monty Python lads were all still around and capable of making a new movie. A little more societal critique and satire like that would be great. Hell - same thing if George Carlin was around.

The Firestarter

I think he meant for people in the West. The dictatorships of the proletariat that masqueraded as Communist regimes are almost universallly regarded as horrific for the people who lived under them.
While not every regime was North Korea at their demise, every one of them started brutally, and at least for several years could be described as horrific. But not for every single person of course. Only for the undesirable elements.

The Firestarter

Yeah, yeah, everyone outside of the Politburo, right?
No, politburo is extremely exclusive body at the very top of the apparatus. What I meant was the so called bourgeoisie, or the members of the intelligence who were deemed subversive, or former political rivals, or businessmen , or even former collaborators who were deemed to influential and needed replacing . But if you were a peasant or a factory worker you were all good.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No, politburo is extremely exclusive body at the very top of the apparatus. What I meant was the so called bourgeoisie, or the members of the intelligence who were deemed subversive, or former political rivals, or businessmen , or even former collaborators who were deemed to influential and needed replacing . But if you were a peasant or a factory worker you were all good.
It's a little more complicated than that I think. Specifically in the 30s, it was Kazakh and Ukrainian medium/large peasants that suffered and starved under Stalin's industrialisation and collectivisation drives. And there was quite a large class of managers, bureacrats, etc who were comfortable in the post-war period.
In general, the amount of repression decreased once Stalin died - the US today has far, far more prisoners per capita than the USSR from before 1935 or after 1953.

UncleBob

Yep I'd thought we'd moved beyond that and learned from the past but propaganda works better than ever and even worse with the internet it's now endless. I don't think that the right wing are equivalent to Nazis but one thing for sure is that Goebbels would've loved the opportunities for propaganda that they have. I guess that if you control the narrative then the world's your oyster. Fox News is the worst thing to happen in America but I honestly never thought that the English media could be manipulated or bought in such a way.
What ? :lol:

UK media is absolute wank.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
What ? :lol:

UK media is absolute wank.
There's an old saying:

"You cannot hope to bribe or twist
(thank god) The British journalist,
But seeing what the man will do
Unbribed there's no occasion to."