Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You're like a 4 year old who has managed to find a joke that made the adults laugh a couple of times and is now walking around the house repeating it endlessly expecting to get the same reaction every time.
Except without the bit about it being funny at first.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Looks to be completely useless. Clearly someone high up pressured the OMB to say something was released even though the majority was redacted. This is almost quite literally a fight for survival of the republican party since so many of their leadership have now been implicated. The pressure the different agencies are put under to keep their mouth shut must be immense.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks to be completely useless. Clearly someone high up pressured the OMB to say something was released even though the majority was redacted. This is almost quite literally a fight for survival of the republican party since so many of their leadership have now been implicated. The pressure the different agencies are put under to keep their mouth shut must be immense.
I'm now as good as certain that Trump is going to win and the Republican's are going to hold the Senate this year. The number of Republican's implicated in all of this is just unbelievable and if Democrats managed to gain control over all three branches then the Republican party will be absolutely fecked with the number of investigations and inquiries they will be running with full support of the DOJ and intelligence services. No more redaction's just pure transparency.

Trump has turned the screw on Facebook who in turn have everything to lose if someone like Warren or Sanders get in and decide to break up the big tech firms or force transparency on them with heavy regulations. All the stuff that Cambridge Analytica got caught doing, I think Facebook will be doing covertly and internally and due to the nature of intellectual property, there will be no way to prove what they are doing before it's too late and it's worked. By which point there is no way that the Republican Senate and DOJ that they just helped get elected will expose or punish any of it.

The electronic election infrastructure across the country has been proven to be vulnerable and in many cases compromised, McConnell and co have refused to let any legislation reach the floor that would protect either secure this equipment or ensure that it is backed up by a paper trail.

They just have too much to lose with this election and they've proven that as long as they hold the senate and the executive branch it's impossible to hold them accountable. So it's in their interest to double down and cheat twice as hard in the 2020 elections because if they lose, they are already facing serious consequences and if they win they can make sure it all goes away.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The difference between the Reps and Dems in the opening debates is just staggering. How any Republican can sit through this without feeling ashamed is just baffling.

The Dems have just presented fact after fact in the debates and the Reps have just deflected, Just look at their notes ffs.
Time.
The missing variable in a lot of posts in this thread is time. Who the heck has time to spend all day on a weekday watching an impeachment trial over ?

With work, kids and family with medical issues, the only people I know that have any time to even pay attention to this Impeachment stuff for even 30-60 minutes a day are retired people, college students or rich people. That's it. I haven't had a single minute of free time to watch this trial and none of my friends around my age have time either due to the previous factor.

Just from reading this thread, it looks like the majority of you that can watch the trial are Europeans, certainly not the average independent or moderate American in the working or middle class.

The Democrats don't have a powerful narrative. If they were able to impeach him over emoluments violations or the concentration camps at the border that would have been a powerful narrative but the fact is most people can't relate to impeaching Trump over going after a douchebag like Hunter Biden.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Time.
The missing variable in a lot of posts in this thread is time. Who the heck has time to spend all day on a weekday watching an impeachment trial over ?

With work, kids and family with medical issues, the only people I know that have any time to even pay attention to this Impeachment stuff for even 30-60 minutes a day are retired people, college students or rich people. That's it. I haven't had a single minute of free time to watch this trial and none of my friends around my age have time either due to the previous factor.

Just from reading this thread, it looks like the majority of you that can watch the trial are Europeans, certainly not the average independent or moderate American in the working or middle class.
That’s bollocks though to be honest. People work less than they did 50 years ago, and yet back then people were perfectly able to stay up to date with impeachment proceedings. Sure you might have personal circumstances that make it not possible for you, but it’s laughable to suggest that’s most people.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
That’s bollocks though to be honest. People work less than they did 50 years ago, and yet back then people were perfectly able to stay up to date with impeachment proceedings. Sure you might have personal circumstances that make it not possible for you, but it’s laughable to suggest that’s most people.
The hours worked in a day is only applicable to some people. A lot of people my age jut flat out don't watch the news let alone keep up with an impeachment trial. They already have their minds made up one way or the other, or they have the "there's nothing I can do, it's all bullshit" mentality.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Not sure where you are getting your data but by all accounts jobs are less secure and offer less benefits than in 1970.

Here is an article from the 1990s where the jobs were more stable than the gig economy of 2020:
"Although there has been little change in the average number of hours worked each week since the mid-1970s, the proportion of persons working verylong workweeks has risen, and there has beena growing trend toward year-round work among women "
https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1997/04/art1full.pdf

Purchasing remains stagnant yet our costs of living are rising:

Rising cost of health in constant 2018 dollars:

"In dollar terms, out-of-pocket expenditures have grown steadily since 1970, averaging $1,150 per capita in 2018, up from $119 per capita in 1970 ($613 in 2018 dollars). Out-of-pocket medical costs do not include the amount individuals contribute towards health insurance premiums. "
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...r-capita-out-of-pocket-expenditures-1970-2018

Cost of College is rising: "Price Of College Increasing Almost 8 Times Faster Than Wages"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/camilo...lmost-8-times-faster-than-wages/#39ddd6e066c1

The cost of owning a home is rising: "The cost of buying a home is rising three times faster than the cost to rent "
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...times-faster-than-the-cost-to-rent-2018-09-01

So taking all that into account, the lot of the average American worker is much worse in 2020 than 1970 (although for the top 10% its definitely better)

Now related to caring and keeping up with the arcane parliamentary proceedings of Impeachment, you must keep in mind is the speed of information these days and all the competition for attention. It was far easier in 1970 for the average person to devote a few moments to read some newspaper articles on impeachment and keep up on the nightly news. Now there is no water cooler culture and only a tiny percentage of people listen to the news and even then most just get it from one biased side (MSNBC/CNN for establishment Dems and Fox for establishment conservatives. Now we have Facebook, Instagram and dozens of smaller social networks competng for attention. In 1970 the family would have one television and extremely limited home entertainment options from the "Big Three Networks (CBS, ABC, NBC) whereas now every kid has smartphones and dozens of services to compete for attention. Cord cutting is popular and rising now so many don't even have normal television news these days, they simply use streaming services.

"Just 37 percent of Americans got news “often” from local TV last year, down ... news consumers, with fewer and fewer young people watching "
https://www.vox.com/2018/1/7/16856574/tv-news-ratings-audience-donald-trump-pew-research

And thats not even getting into how the Democrat narrative simply isn't compelling: start around 50-55 minute for a good explanation on how uncompelling the Dem narrative on impeachment comes across to average Americans:
https://shootthedancingbear.libsyn.com/and-iraniran-so-far-awaaayy

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The most shameless man in American politics, that’s a big claim.

I’m not saying it’s NOT Graham, but Mitch has got to be up there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The most shameless man in American politics, that’s a big claim.

I’m not saying it’s NOT Graham, but Mitch has got to be up there.
Mitch, is an unabashed cnut. He has had that persona sinxe the start of his politics career.
Graham spent majority of his career trying to cultivate a reasonable, sensible and moderate reputation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Mitch, is an unabashed cnut. He has had that persona sinxe the start of his politics career.
Graham spent majority of his career trying to cultivate a reasonable, sensible and moderate reputation.
Fair point.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
We've got him..... ah feck it what's the point.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I guess the saying is true, he could shoot someone down on 5th avenue and sheeple would still vote for him.
I’m deadly serious when I say that if he was caught on video shooting someone, the Republicans would rally around him and state that as the commander in chief of the US army it’s entirely normal for him to be armed and prepared to use it to protect his nation.

There is absolutely nothing they won’t do to protect him because they are completely corrupt, compromised and radicalised.

Anustart89

"Take her out" doesn't sound like the words you use when you want to fire someone. Sounds like something a bit more permanent.
Maybe he means "Take her out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!"

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The fact that we all know that Trump will win the trial because it’ll be decided by the most gutless and shameless politicians in the world says so much about American politics. And, frankly, America as a whole. In just three years, he’s made them a laughing stock for entire world, breaking written and unwritten laws in the process. And yet, he’ll go unpunished and will likely be even worse as he learns that there litteraly aren’t any consequenses. Networks and late night shows will keep telling how bad he is, but nothing will change. He’ll win a second term against Biden and then tweet something about the hoax, witch hunt, maga and water.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump approval rating increases amid impeachment trial

As the impeachment trial continues, Trump’s approval rating has seen a slight increase, according to a new poll.

The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that the president’s approval rating currently sits at 44%, up 6 points since late October.

Meanwhile, his disapproval rating has hit a new low of 51%, down 7 points since late October.

But two-thirds of Americans think the Senate should call new witnesses to testify in the impeachment trial, while the public remains evenly divided on whether Trump should be removed from office.

(Guardian)

The Firestarter

Trump approval rating increases amid impeachment trial

As the impeachment trial continues, Trump’s approval rating has seen a slight increase, according to a new poll.

The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that the president’s approval rating currently sits at 44%, up 6 points since late October.

Meanwhile, his disapproval rating has hit a new low of 51%, down 7 points since late October.

But two-thirds of Americans think the Senate should call new witnesses to testify in the impeachment trial, while the public remains evenly divided on whether Trump should be removed from office.

(Guardian)
Because feck logic.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The more I think about this the wilder it is. If he wanted her sacked it would be his Chief of Staff or Secretary of State or another position? Yet here he is telling his personal fixer attorney’s gangster henchmen to “take her out” and have ”her head on a pike”.

The guys a fecking gangster.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The fact that we all know that Trump will win the trial because it’ll be decided by the most gutless and shameless politicians in the world says so much about American politics. And, frankly, America as a whole. In just three years, he’s made them a laughing stock for entire world, breaking written and unwritten laws in the process. And yet, he’ll go unpunished and will likely be even worse as he learns that there litteraly aren’t any consequenses. Networks and late night shows will keep telling how bad he is, but nothing will change. He’ll win a second term against Biden and then tweet something about the hoax, witch hunt, maga and water.
There's no way he's going to last another 5 years. He'll be older, more senile, more emboldened, more corrupt and more reckless. He will do something even more reprehensible than the current articles of impeachment that not even his Republican cronies will be able to ignore.

Charlie Foley

There's no way he's going to last another 5 years. He'll be older, more senile, more emboldened, more corrupt and more reckless. He will do something even more reprehensible than the current articles of impeachment that not even his Republican cronies will be able to ignore.
:lol:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He’s all those things already. I think the last three years have made it obvious that nothing is too reprehensible for them. The spineless little cnuts that they are.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He’s all those things already. I think the last three years have made it obvious that nothing is too reprehensible for them. The spineless little cnuts that they are.
I agree he may have got away with one this time around. However, there will be the fallout from this catching up with him as more documents eventually pass through the court system, his tax returns being released, Bolton blabbing, Giuliani being investigated, starting a war with Iran etc., etc.

I just can't see this being the last and worst of his exploits. Five years is a hell of a long time considering what he's managed to cram into three years already.

Status
Not open for further replies.