Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That is incredible damning! He directly asks them to look into shit related to Mueller and to investigate Biden. Am I having a stupid moment and missing something obvious, or does that just prove exactly what he’s accused of?
There’s no explicit mention of using the proposed aid package as a sweetener, if that matters. Although there are some potentially strategically-placed ellipses.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There’s no explicit mention of using the proposed aid package as a sweetener, if that matters. Although there are some potentially strategically-places ellipses.
As Michael Cohen said, Trump rarely says things explicitly. He instead eludes to things to give his stooges instructions on how to do shady things on his behalf.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I predict absolutely nothing will happen.

At least starting impeachment proceedings though may be a useful way of the Dems to continue showing strong opposition to Trump etc.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
There’s no explicit mention of using the proposed aid package as a sweetener, if that matters. Although there are some potentially strategically-placed ellipses.
Immediately after the Ukrainian President says they want to buy more Javelins, Trump said “I want you to do us a favour though”.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Immediately after the Ukrainian President says they want to buy more Javelins, Trump said “I want you to do us a favour though”.
Yeah that’s as close as it gets but it’s still implicit rather than otherwise.

ChaddyP

I wonder if the WB complaint comes out and it shows that trump without a doubt held up the US aid so that Ukraine would play ball and investigate biden, there will be 26 republican senators that would see this as a tipping point for removal of office.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yeah that’s as close as it gets but it’s still implicit rather than otherwise.
Asking a foreign country to investigate your opponent is abuse of power on its own. That is impeachable. No one as said Trump directly asked for a quid pro quo. But he implied it. Furthermore what we have read os not a transcript. There is no exact transcript of the convo. Lastly, this is just a oart of the complaint. This won't go anywhere but I think we should see the complaint.

Adisa

I wonder if the WB complaint comes out and it shows that trump without a doubt held up the US aid so that Ukraine would play ball and investigate biden, there will be 26 republican senators that would see this as a tipping point for removal of office.
A dream. 26 GOP senators are not going to guarantee a Dem house and president in 2020.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
A dream. 26 GOP senators are not going to guarantee a Dem house and president in 2020.
Unless they calculate that the evidence is too strong, and defending him will cost them an even worse defeat next election.

ChaddyP

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Trump actually really believed that this release would end it. He rang Pelosi with that in mind. He would make a crap crime boss.

Adisa

You have to admire Barr. Man doesn't care about his own reputation. Guy is basically a fixer.

Dr. StrangeHate

Unless they calculate that the evidence is too strong, and defending him will cost them an even worse defeat next election.
Not gonna happen. Republican base is locked in the following issues: lower taxes, abortion, 2nd amendment, immigration etc. They will vote republican even if the republican is a pedo. As that is still better than having a Liberal in charge.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Regarding the release of the transcripts. I'm hoping that Ukraine see it in their best interests and release all transcripts and recordings they have to Shiff. Hopefully that has already happened and they are waiting on Trump and Barr releasing a highly redacted or doctored version first.
Ukraine would be much better off staying out of this altogether. Let Americans sort out their own mess.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Can you imagine realizing you'd just done that?

Nucks

RT History Department
The request to investigate Biden, on its own, without any requests is illegal and impeachable. Any quid pro quo on top of that, is a separate impeachable offense.

So you have a 100% impeachable offense (not saying it will happen), and the implication of a second, separate 100% impeachable offense.

Fox News contributor Judge Napolitano has said this categorically on Fox News, that it was a crime to "solicit aid for his campaign from a foreign government."

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Even if impeachment doesn’t result in removal, it’ll be great to have this constant stream of articles and updates that will piss off Trump even more. The added stress would only take more years off his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.