Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Phone calls with world leaders would’ve been listened in on by various people in the WH with transcripts taken at the time. How close the notes we get to what was said and whether they can be placed in the proper context would be what is in question.
If that’s the case then there will be some sort of record of his calls with Putin.

Revan

Assumptionman
Uh be careful what you wish for, you impeach Trump you get Pence and he's far far worse & damaging.
He has the charisma of a flower though, and would lose the general election. So better one year with Pence, than another 5 with Trump (I think that Trump has a good chance of winning the general election).

In fact, if Pence becomes president, I believe that he will be challenged and likely defeated from some of the more established Republicans.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has the charisma of a flower though, and would lose the general election. So better one year with Pence, than another 5 with Trump (I think that Trump has a good chance of winning the general election).

In fact, if Pence becomes president, I believe that he will be challenged and likely defeated from some of the more established Republicans.
I don't think Pence would even seek the nomination. A man got to know his limitations and everything.

Red Defence

If he's this confident, there must be nothing incriminating in the call.

You were expecting something incriminating? First of all they said that there was no transcript. Now one seems to have turned up.

Why do you think it’s taken them so long to release it. They’ve got to concoct it first and make it sound genuine. That takes time. He’s hardly going to release it before it’s been ‘barred” and “sharpied”.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You were expecting something incriminating? First of all they said that there was no transcript. Now one seems to have turned up.

Why do you think it’s taken them so long to release it. They’ve got to concoct it first and make it sound genuine. That takes time. He’s hardly going to release it before it’s been ‘barred” and “sharpied”.
Actually yes, I wanted to see if any link can be established between aid and investigation, which would definitely be a reason to get rid. Anyway whatever transcript he promised to release will be full and unredacted, so let's see.

Red Defence

Actually yes, I wanted to see if any link can be established between aid and investigation, which would definitely be a reason to get rid. Anyway whatever transcript he promised to release will be full and unredacted, so let's see.
Is “full and unredacted” another way of saying whitewashed. If there’s a link between aid and investigation it won’t be in there for sure.

This transcript is irrelevant. It’s the details in the actual complaint that we need to see.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I read they don't normally keep transcripts of a POTUS' "private" conversations so if that's the case the fact they are producing them seems even more like it's likely to have been made up just to stick it to the Dems, no?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Just read the transcript, seems like nothing to me.
It states that:
"CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.· (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty "Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned t_o listen.and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A numper of factors can affect 'the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indifate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear."

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I read they don't normally keep transcripts of a POTUS' "private" conversations so if that's the case the fact they are producing them seems even more like it's likely to have been made up just to stick it to the Dems, no?
I think the chances of the intelligence services not keeping audio records of all that shit are roughly zero.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Let's be real, there's 0% chance they doctored the transcript. Too many people would know, including the guy who whistleblew in the first place.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Um, he asks, as a favour, a foreign ally to use its intelligence services to dig into a private US citizen, who happens to be leading the polls as his next presidential opponent.

That. Is. Not. Normal.

Why on Earth would he release this?! Even if the justice department can't show it as a campaign finance crime, it's politically so damning!!! Think how the world would have exploded if this leaked but was Hillary (when sos) asking for dirt on Trump?! Fox news would literally explode in righteous anger.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Let's be real, there's 0% chance they doctored the transcript. Too many people would know, including the guy who whistleblew in the first place.
We should definitely expect nothing but full transparency from the guy who doctored a weather map with a Sharpie just because his ego was hurt

nimic

something nice
Scout
Leaked Full transcript below:

Actual full transcript:

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.

Raulduke

Surely the only reason Trump would risk releasing something this damaging to him would be if he knew a recording exists.

Redplane

Well well...the world is indeed mad. The irony to me is that folks on the hill are saying this is the worst thing he s done but in my opinion - that's not how a lot of the population is going to see it in the grand scheme of things if he finds a way to "prove" some kind of misconduct by Biden. I think this is obviously a terrible abuse of power but for everything he can go down for this seems a lot easier to "soften" than tax evasion, sexual assault, bribery, and other things that are in his history.

As someone said earlier - you do wonder if he made a fatal mistake to fire Bolton. That man is like a sacred unicorn to the Republican establishment in a way.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The stakes were very low, and the end result was that he was exposed. His staff wouldn't have let him doctor this.
This is a man that told his lawyer to lie to Congress under oath. You are naive.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Well well...the world is indeed mad. The irony to me is that folks on the hill are saying this is the worst thing he s done but in my opinion - that's not how a lot of the population is going to see it in the grand scheme of things if he finds a way to "prove" some kind of misconduct by Biden. I think this is obviously a terrible abuse of power but for everything he can go down for this seems a lot easier to "soften" than tax evasion, sexual assault, bribery, and other things that are in his history.

As someone said earlier - you do wonder if he made a fatal mistake to fire Bolton. That man is like a sacred unicorn to the Republican establishment in a way.
Doubt anyone thinks he's going down for this.

Redplane

Just read the transcripts... In a way he's implicating Barr as well. As if Barr and Giuliani are a team of sorts. Oh well.. Still not getting my hopes up anyone will go down for this.

Also- can't imagine the EU being happy with what was said either.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Um, he asks, as a favour, a foreign ally to use its intelligence services to dig into a private US citizen, who happens to be leading the polls as his next presidential opponent.

That. Is. Not. Normal.

Why on Earth would he release this?! Even if the justice department can't show it as a campaign finance crime, it's politically so damning!!! Think how the world would have exploded if this leaked but was Hillary (when sos) asking for dirt on Trump?! Fox news would literally explode in righteous anger.
Is it though? His supporters could see him kill their loved ones and they wouldn't bat an eyelid.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is a man that told his lawyer to lie to Congress under oath. You are naive.
Ironically, I think you're being naive. He told his lawyer to lie under oath, but he didn't tell his lawyer to lie under oath, according to said lawyer. It was inferred, and probably correctly, but Trump was just about savvy enough to avoid obviously incriminating himself.

Trump is certainly stupid and a criminal, but if he was quite as criminally stupid as you're saying, there's no way he would have gotten out from under the Mueller probe.

Red Defence

Nauseating stuff to read is that. Took his secretary an awful long time to type it, she/he needs to go imo.

Anyway at least they managed to get enough flattery in there to please Trump. He’ll be proud of it.

That convo is not what the WB complained about. No mention of aid there. Then again anyone know who first said it was about this particular conversation. Wouldn’t have come from the Trump camp by any chance would it?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Actual full transcript:

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.
:lol:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That is incredible damning! He directly asks them to look into shit related to Mueller and to investigate Biden. Am I having a stupid moment and missing something obvious, or does that just prove exactly what he’s accused of?

Red Defence

Surely the only reason Trump would risk releasing something this damaging to him would be if he knew a recording exists.
I did read that the reason he released this was because he thought he had made a deal with Pelosi....he’ll release the transcript and she will drop any thoughts of an impeachment investigation. He was shocked when she then went ahead with impeachment.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That is incredible damning! He directly asks them to look into shit related to Mueller and to investigate Biden. Am I having a stupid moment and missing something obvious, or does that just prove exactly what he’s accused of?
You’re about spot on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.