Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
He has employed his son in law as the broker of peace in the Middle East. He can’t really point at the Bidens for any shit like this.
If theirs one man who can bring peace to the middle East its everyones favourite son in law jared kushner :lol:.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Do we actually think this is going to be a thing?
IMO:
Impeachment in House = 99% Chance.
Removal in Senate = 1% Chance. Senate trial will be pure theatre and Republican controlled. They will take the opinion of the Executive Branch (DOJ and White House) over the House and will dismiss vast swathes of evidence and use the entire trial as an investigation into Biden's alleged corruption and Democrat's "partisan and illegitimate" impeachment process before voting along party lines to dismiss the charges and rule the evidence be destroyed.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
IMO:
Removal in Senate = 1% Chance. Senate trial will be pure theatre and Republican controlled. They will take the opinion of the Executive Branch (DOJ and White House) over the House and will dismiss vast swathes of evidence and use the entire trial as an investigation into Biden's alleged corruption and Democrat's "partisan and illegitimate" impeachment process before voting along party lines to dismiss the charges and rule the evidence be destroyed.
Sad but true.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
IMO:
For me the strategy would be to drag out the House impeachment process for months, have the vote as close to the election as possible. Just 1 week of this pressure had basically seen Trump go full bonkers, imagine 9 months of the only questions GOP members receive being about whatever batsht mental thing Don had done that morning.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems all Dems need to do is to
For me the strategy would be to drag out the House impeachment process for months, have the vote as close to the election as possible. Just 1 week of this pressure had basically seen Trump go full bonkers, imagine 9 months of the only questions GOP members receive being about whatever batsht mental thing Don had done that morning.
This is the part I don't disagree with yet I don't quite understand what freedom the Dems really have there. It's clear they re not just targeting the Ukraine call, but how broad are they allowed to go, and should they go? Are they bound by some rules similar to a court not being permitted to not introduce unrelated evidence etc into a case? In other words - if this drags on too long will the white house have more abilities to seek legitimate injunctions and throw up other legal and legislative barriers?

sport2793

Disagree, the Dems should move this as fast and decisively as possible as a majority of folks are now on board with impeachment and removal according to several recent polls. Dems should strike before this wave of sentiment goes away. If they wait too long, the public will see the Dems as obstructionists and getting in the way of running government.

Raulduke

Their lawyer was Trump’s lawyer....the one whose telephone call to Flynn’s lawyers was recorded. These two blokes were supposed to give depositions to the House today and tomorrow. Barr controls the DOJ. Is this to stop them from testifying I wonder.
Arrested trying to leave the country apparently.

Drifter

American
Rudy Giuliani’s indicted Ukraine henchman gave thousands to Kevin McCarthy

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Haven’t found a primary source for it yet but I’ve seen on both reddit and Twitter that it’s been reported on MSNBC that the two Ukrainians Giuliani met last night before they tried to flee the country today were both being surveilled. Perfectly believable too considering the crimes they were being investigated for and the fact they are foreign nationals mean they can be subject to FISA’s.

Also reports that Giuliani’s finances are being investigated too now.

He’s going to get the same treatment as Michael Cohen.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Haven’t found a primary source for it yet but I’ve seen on both reddit and Twitter that it’s been reported on MSNBC that the two Ukrainians Giuliani met last night before they tried to flee the country today were both being surveilled. Perfectly believable too considering the crimes they were being investigated for and the fact they are foreign nationals mean they can be subject to FISA’s.

He's gonna be very popular in Riker's.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/giuliani-fruman-parnas-finances/index.html
Rudy Giuliani's financial dealings with two associates indicted on campaign finance-related charges are under scrutiny by investigators overseeing the case, law enforcement officials briefed on the matter said.

The FBI and prosecutors in Manhattan are examining Giuliani's involvement in the broader flow of money that have become the focus of alleged violations that are at the center of the allegations against Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, the sources said. The sources did not say that Giuliani was a target of the investigation.
Giuliani told CNN he is not aware of any law enforcement scrutiny on his financial dealings with the men and he said he has not been interviewed by the FBI in the investigation.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Going to be a cold day when Giuliani flips on Trump and Trump becomes the only dude whose own lawyers flipped on him twice.

Drifter

American
Trump repeated what he did with Cohen and Stormy .Denied that he knew who the two associates are, and the press should ask Giuliani. That's loyalty

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
IMO:
Zero chance in Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.