Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The people who are paying attention and putting pressure on their senators are very interested, as are many primary voters, donors etc.
How do you know and measure how much "pressure" is being put on their Senators?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Millions of Americans sit at home listening to this crap.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Millions of Americans sit at home listening to this crap.
Millions of inmates currently being released on conspiracy charges across the US.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I'd prefer they impeach him for things that people care about.
Most people don’t give a shit about much of their team is winning

He very clearly stepped out of line. The truth should come out.

That there’s even a discussion of whether his ‘Bad was bad enough for people to care’ is indicative of a huge problem.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They now seem to be taking the approach that even if Trump did what he was accused of, it's still not an impeachable offence. So their defence is now to acknowledge what he did as it is becoming glaringly irrefutable, but so what? It's not that bad.

The dumb fecks are also making a stronger case for witnesses.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Schiff continues his brilliant performance when asked about witnesses. He said he’s more than happy for the defence to call their own witnesses but they have to be pertinent to the trial, so no Bidens. Goes on to suggest they are more than welcome to call up Mulvaney or Pompeo under oath as they both dispute what Bolton and other witnesses have said.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
75% of Americans think there should be witnesses.

Other than hating congress, not sure I've seen 75% of Americans agree on anything in the last decade.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Schiff continues his brilliant performance when asked about witnesses. He said he’s more than happy for the defence to call their own witnesses but they have to be pertinent to the trial, so no Bidens. Goes on to suggest they are more than welcome to call up Mulvaney or Pompeo under oath as they both dispute what Bolton and other witnesses have said.
That's not brilliant, its what ruins the establishment Democrat public narrative and credibility not to mention that 75% wanting witness stat because the conservatives want the Joe and Hunter Biden called as witnesses.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've lost count how often Trump trashed someone he himself hired or kept. Has no one ever asked him how all these totally stupid, lazy and corrupt people end up working for him in the first place?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've lost count how often Trump trashed someone he himself hired or kept. Has no one ever asked him how all these totally stupid, lazy and corrupt people end up working for him in the first place?
Literally dozens of times by now. He hires someone, says they're great and have always been great, then they get fired, and Trump says they were lazy, stupid and actually I've never met them.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Now looking like all those spines found last night are being re-collected by Mitch, only 3 going to vote for witnesses again.

I for one am shocked.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Way too many people at the top of society are benefiting from all the distractions and regulatory mess this administration causes - left and right, both domestic and abroad. A lot of people who probably benefit even more than Trump and his family. Just the stock market manipulation alone is enough to believe tons of powerful individuals are ok with fecking the rest of society.

Remember that plane that went down just a few weeks ago killing everyone? Yeah - didn't think so.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Now looking like all those spines found last night are being re-collected by Mitch, only 3 going to vote for witnesses again.

I for one am shocked.
The WSJ report of Mitch not having all the votes was probably something of a false dawn.

He just needed more time to get them most likely.

The Firestarter

What a logic displayed by Dershowitz : It's not an illegal quid pro quo, since he believed his reelection would be in the public interest :houllier:. If only Dick Nixon had thought of that defense.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What a logic displayed by Dershowitz : It's not an illegal quid pro quo, since he believed his reelection would be in the public interest :houllier:
It’s tapping into the Republican mentality. It’s OK to do illegal things as long as it’s for the Republican cause.

The Firestarter

Judging by the quality of those questions, I can have a successful career as an impeachment manager. Will submit my resume tomorrow.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
What a logic displayed by Dershowitz : It's not an illegal quid pro quo, since he believed his reelection would be in the public interest :houllier:. If only Dick Nixon had thought of that defense.
Its a variation on Ted Olsons winning argument in Bush v Gore which Scalia wrote the opinion for.

Drifter

American
Jake tapper tweeted that the WH are threatening Bolton to not publish his book as is .

Status
Not open for further replies.