Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So over 5 year period de gea costs us 350k a week which is £91 million
This signing would cost £80million

Seems decent value
I believe Donnarumma‘s quoted salary is net, not gross.

Gibb11

Is Donnaruma really that happy that his agent has priced him out? He is a local homegrown Milan fan if im not mistaken, the club is going in a more positive direction. It's not a good look for him as he will be inline with his agent too i presume.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good keeper (potentially great) but watching his agent and himself pricing themselves out of good moves would be quite funny.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Milan have done well getting Maignan in for 13 million Euro. He’s better than Donarumma and I’d imagine his wages are lower than what you’re paying Henderson. Great business.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Milan have done well getting Maignan in for 13 million Euro. He’s better than Donarumma and I’d imagine his wages are lower than what you’re paying Henderson. Great business.
Yep, savvy deal.

bucky

Yeah, pretty much. If we aren't convinced by either Henderson or de Gea, we should have been in for him at that price.

el3mel

Guy is completely Raiola's puppet. Raiola moves him the way he wants.

Avoid like hell.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The longer Barca or whoever wait, the stronger their bargaining position will be. The player will soon start to lose his weekly/monthly salary in a matter of weeks, due to the expiration of his contract with Milan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Read in the transfer forum his agent is looking £20m signing on fee for himself and £12m a year for his client.
Surely this is the last summer agent could ask for such ridiculous fee?

Champagne Football

Keep Raiola far away from the club.

Once Pogba is sold or leaves on a free, then that will thankfully be the end of our dealings with Raiola, regardless of who hires him as their agent.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Is Donnaruma really that happy that his agent has priced him out? He is a local homegrown Milan fan if im not mistaken, the club is going in a more positive direction. It's not a good look for him as he will be inline with his agent too i presume.
I think he preferred to stay, but not as much as his family's preference for money.
He's the family's cash cow. His dad, his brother, his cousins and uncles, they are all involved in this and support Raiola's tactics.
6m, 10m, 220m, nothing is enough because it will be shared between lots of family members that want to be rich for the rest of their lives.

But he's not a local. He's from Naples and was already 14 when he joined Milan. However his family had old ties to Milan because his brother Antonio was also a part of our academy.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What’s up with the Barca talk? Why would he want to sit on the bench?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
by not giving into their demands? he's a home grown goalkeeper at milan since 16 years, and now becuase of Raiola he's demanding a fortune.

Why should Milan pay Raiola 20m in commission? it's madness.
Wage demands was the problem, not raiola's commission

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What’s up with the Barca talk? Why would he want to sit on the bench?
He won't, but allegri kinda screwed Raiola over by confirming scesny as his #1 keeper, so now there's no market for gigio. Barcelona want Haaland, they figure doing Mino a favour can help there

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Who is going to take him? All the big clubs have top keepers they are happy with, except maybe united and Chelsea.

So basically Chelsea is the only viable option.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just how good is he? I haven't paid that much attention to him in recent years so I'm not sure how he's developed.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He won't, but allegri kinda screwed Raiola over by confirming scesny as his #1 keeper, so now there's no market for gigio. Barcelona want Haaland, they figure doing Mino a favour can help there
I am pretty sure Bayern would love to take ter Stegen (next year) so they should definitely get in Donnarumma now to have him learn the Barca way on the bench for a year. :wenger:

-Supreme-

Imagine what Raiola is demanding from us for Pogba if he wants 20m from Milan.

We will have a long summer with Pogba transfer saga unfortunately, and this will likely to drag on till next year when he leaves us for free.

jackal&hyde

Are you implying Barca would abandon Stegen just to get good with Raiola for Haaland?

SER19

Donnarumma must be a piece of shit too. Milan have made him and not signing a contract without his fat agent getting 20m is pure greed. Just sack the fecker and hire your dad

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
he wants 20 million to get his client to sign a deal at the club that developed him since he was 14. He’s a real piece of shit :lol:
They would spend that money for a similar player, homegrown players are often lowballed by their clubs which is unfair because at the first opportunity these same clubs will get rid of you. Players shouldn't be sentimental when clubs aren't themselves.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
They would spend that money for a similar player, homegrown players are often lowballed by their clubs which is unfair because at the first opportunity these same clubs will get rid of you. Players shouldn't be sentimental when clubs aren't themselves.
Ya but the agent is asking for what amounts to more than the transfer fee for the new player. That’s crazy. Even if Gigi wants big wages it sounds and feels to me like the agent fee would be a major stumbling block for most teams. Even half that is crazy for a contract renewal. Fair enough if he wants it to move him to a new club. It’s a lot more work but for a renewal… it’s a rip off

JPRouve

Scout
Ya but the agent is asking for what amounts to more than the transfer fee for the new player. That’s crazy. Even if Gigi wants big wages it sounds and feels to me like the agent fee would be a major stumbling block for most teams. Even half that is crazy for a contract renewal
It's not crazy, it all depends on how the player is valued. Do you think that Donnarumma is worth +20m in transfer fee if under contract?

jackal&hyde

Do you have any info of that? I've heard it before but usually with the agent as the source. I highly doubt this was the case here as he is one of their best players. Players like Giggs, Gerard, Terry, Messi just to give the most obvious examples would contradict that theory. Rashford is one of the best paid players for us too I think. It might have happened in the distant past but not for some time now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's not crazy, it all depends on how the player is valued. Do you think that Donnarumma is worth +20m in transfer fee if under contract?
Yes to a new team signing on I totally get it. I don’t get why Milan should have to pay Mino 20 to renew when a normal agent might have taken 5 and got him the same terms without the struggle. Like he’s going to leave on a free now anyway. Once you get mino you’re looking for a move. Fair enough. No better man to find you a club but say for arguments Gigi stays at Milan for another 5 years and renews again. Another 20/30 just for Mino in 5 years? Where does it end? You don’t see how that’s unsustainable?

JPRouve

Scout
Do you have any info of that? I've heard it before but usually with the agent as the source. I highly doubt this was the case here as he is one of their best players. Players like Giggs, Gerard, Terry, Messi just to give the most obvious examples would contradict that theory. Rashford is one of the best paid players for us too I think. It might have happened in the distant past but not for some time now.
It's the case everywhere, it's due to the first years/contracts that rarely match your actual worth and that includes Messi. Messi at 18 years old was arguably the best player in the world but he wasn't paid like the best and his renewal in 2008 showed that with a very big increase. What you need to consider is how much money clubs spare by paying a players what amounts at several dozens of millions under market for example if you pay 17-20 years old Messi 10m instead of 15m per year, you spare 15m, either the player realizes it and ask for a big signing bonus or he let it slide.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes to a new team signing on I totally get it. I don’t get why Milan should have to pay Mino 20 to renew when a normal agent might have taken 5 and got him the same terms without the struggle. Like he’s going to leave on a free now anyway. Once you get mino you’re looking for a move. Fair enough. No better man to find you a club but say for arguments Gigi stays at Milan for another 5 years and renews again. Another 20/30 just for Mino in 5 years? Where does it end? You don’t see how that’s unsustainable?
It's absolutely sustainable, since when spending 20m/30m every 5 years in a given position unsustainable? And if you somehow can't afford it then purchase in a cheaper market like most clubs do.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Donnarumma I've come to bargain.
I understood that reference!

Hes a good keeper but he brings drama. Plus he’s got Mino 3-chins as his agent, so I dunno. Probably an upgrade on what we have, but is young & doesn’t speak the language. Could be problematic.

jackal&hyde

It's the case everywhere, it's due to the first years/contracts that rarely match your actual worth and that includes Messi. Messi at 18 years old was arguably the best player in the world but he wasn't paid like the best and his renewal in 2008 showed that with a very big increase. What you need to consider is how much money clubs spare by paying a players what amounts at several dozens of millions under market for example if you pay 17-20 years old Messi 10m instead of 15m per year, you spare 15m, either the player realizes it and ask for a big signing bonus or he let it slide.
I agree but that is the case in other industries as well. Increases to existing staff can be lower to a new recruit from a rival company.

The point I'm making is that this does not apply to Donnarumma at this point. He is already established and valued so being a youth product is irrelevant to his new contract, just as it was for Rashford, Terry, etc. If he is leaving now has nothing to do with local talent being undervalued.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree but that is the case in other industries as well. Increases to existing staff can be lower to a new recruit from a rival company.

The point I'm making is that this does not apply to Donnarumma at this point. He is already established and valued so being a youth product is irrelevant to his new contract, just as it was for Rashford, Terry, etc. If he is leaving now has nothing to do with local talent being undervalued.
Being a youth product is relevant when people use it as an argument for him to not get the best deal for himself, since he allegedly how his club. Clubs don't pay you your worth during your first contracts when you are a youth product and they don't try to make up for it later either, they try to get the best deal for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.