Donnarumma / signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal&hyde

Being a youth product is relevant when people use it as an argument for him to not get the best deal for himself, since he allegedly how his club. Clubs don't pay you your worth during your first contracts when you are a youth product and they don't try to make up for it later either, they try to get the best deal for the club.
That doesn't even happen in fiction let alone reality. Were you payed what you were worth in your first job?

As far as I read he was offered the best contract second to Ibra. If that is not being valued, then good luck to him and his owner, sorry, agent.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That doesn't even happen in fiction let alone reality. Were you payed what you were worth in your first job?

As far as I read he was offered the best contract second to Ibra. If that is not being valued, then good luck to him and his owner, sorry, agent.
FFS, that's the point and why players should not hesitate to demand what they believe they are worth regardless of whether they are homegrown or not. If the club refuse it's their problem but the player has no moral obligations to not demand whatever he wants. There is no moral high ground when it comes to contract negotiations.

jackal&hyde

FFS, that's the point and why players should not hesitate to demand what they believe they are worth regardless of whether they are homegrown or not. If the club refuse it's their problem but the player has no moral obligations to not demand whatever he wants. There is no moral high ground when it comes to contract negotiations.
I agree and that is what has happened here. A home grown player being a key member of the squad was given a best in team contract.

You are somehow trying to paint the player as a victim that when he was 12 he might have deserved more money and the club needs to compensate for that. It's crazy.

The facts are that we have a player being offered one of the best contract that AC Milan have ever given. That is not enough apparently. Being the, or second best payed player at your home club that is on the up and up good for most players? Yes. Good enough for scum like Raiola? No.

SungSam7

There is no incentive for him to join us over Juve unless we offer him a huge financial package and even then, with him being free, Juve know they would be set for 10 years if they just somewhat match what we offer.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree and that is what has happened here. A home grown player being a key member of the squad was given a best in team contract.

You are somehow trying to paint the player as a victim that when he was 12 he might have deserved more money and the club needs to compensate for that. It's crazy.

The facts are that we have a player being offered one of the best contract that AC Milan have ever given. That is not enough apparently. Being the, or second best payed player at your home club that is on the up and up good for most players? Yes. Good enough for scum like Raiola? No.
That's not what I said and I made my point pretty clear to you and in the initial post that you quoted. How you manage to twist it that way is truly amazing.

jackal&hyde

That's not what I said and I made my point pretty clear to you and in the initial post that you quoted. How you manage to twist it that way is truly amazing.
Clubs don't pay you your worth during your first contracts when you are a youth product and they don't try to make up for it later either, they try to get the best deal for the club.
How in the World could a club or any company do that? They offer you what you are worth today.

JPRouve

Scout
How in the World could a club or any company do that? They offer you what you are worth today.
Take the entire post instead of trying to take a sentence out of context. The meaning of the post in his entirety is that players should think about themselves because that's exactly what clubs do, I didn't tell you that clubs need to compensate for underpaying players early, I said that they don't and have no intention to do so.

jackal&hyde

Take the entire post instead of trying to take a sentence out of context. The meaning of the post in his entirety is that players should think about themselves because that's exactly what clubs do, I didn't tell you that clubs need to compensate for underpaying players early, I said that they don't and have no intention to do so.
You said that clubs take advantage of home grown talent and I've said that is not the case with special players lie Donn, I gave examples even. If you were trying to make a point about lower lever players then fair enough, but that is irrelevant to the top talent, be it at Milan, United or Pool.

Donnarumma is loved like no other in Milan and fans love him. He has been offered one of the best contracts ever given by that club. In stead of calling it what it is, a scum feck of an agent getting in a players year, you try to pretend that there are reasons here and there, clubs unfair to young talent...Nonsens.

You said that clubs take advantage of home grown talent and I've said that is not the case with special players lie Donn, I gave examples even. If you were trying to make a point about lower lever players then fair enough, but that is irrelevant to the top talent, be it at Milan, United or Pool.

Donnarumma is loved like no other in Milan and fans love him. He has been offered one of the best contracts ever given by that club. In stead of calling it what it is, a scum feck of an agent getting in a players year, you try to pretend that there are reasons here and there, clubs unfair to young talent...Nonsens.
it’s a pretty bonkers argument.

in this fantasy world, these Home grown players who are supposedly underpaid just just appropriate the pay from their fellow youth players who turned out to be crap - who were therefore overpaid. Perhaps the clubs can ask for their money back...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just pay up or let him go. Football team is a business, and footballers are Pro.

Milan won't win anything in the near future, so if I were him, I'd want to get pay a lot to stay.

dinostar77

Why would he go to Barcelona where Ter Stegan is the no1 keeper? Surely Juventus would be his best bet. Though riola's £20mil fee for himself is utterly ridiculous.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Every time I see "Donnarumma contract negotiations" mentioned this pops into my head.

dinostar77

If he wants 12 million, give him 14 and tell him to sack Mino.
It would be a risky strategy though some could say bold if utd sold De Gea (somehow) and Henderson this summer and brought in donnarumma and heaton. We'd also have grant and romero (harshly and badly treated) leaving as well. That would be a huge switch around in the keeper department.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It would be a risky strategy though some could say bold if utd sold De Gea (somehow) and Henderson this summer and brought in donnarumma and heaton. We'd also have grant and romero (harshly and badly treated) leaving as well. That would be a huge switch around in the keeper department.
I don’t think paying Donnarumma £400k per week is sensible at all.

dinostar77

Donnarumma to PSG has been agreed by leonardo (PSG sporting director) with acceptable terms for Riola and Donnarumma himself. Will replace Navas as no1 keeper. Not gone down well with the squad as Navas is really popular.

Todays Transfer Window Podcast.

GBBQ

Donnarumma to PSG has been agreed by leonardo (PSG sporting director) with acceptable terms for Riola and Donnarumma himself. Will replace Navas as no1 keeper. Not gone down well with the squad as Navas is really popular.

An Italian keeper moving to a French club and Duncan Castles is the one with the scoop that it’s done? Not buying it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It wouldn’t surprise me. This really could have been a chance for the top clubs to stand up to Raiola but of course it would be PSG. There’s nothing redeeming about that club at all and I don’t think there’s a club I detest more in world football.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

And Navas is not only popular with the squad but also really really good.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Looked awful against city
Have you seen Donnarumma away against Bologna?

Neither have i, but you can’t judge on the basis of one game. Nava‘s body of work speaks for itself.

Tallis

Is it fair to say that Raiola has egg on his face with regard to Donnarumma ? Walked away from Milan but no one wants to pay the 8mm net as wages and the 50m for Raiola ? I hope this means that he looses some clout in the footballing world although that may be too much to hope.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Is it fair to say that Raiola has egg on his face with regard to Donnarumma ? Walked away from Milan but no one wants to pay the 8mm net as wages and the 50m for Raiola ? I hope this means that he looses some clout in the footballing world although that may be too much to hope.
Mino will just twist it to make it look like he was charging such a high fee to renew because the player was desperate to get out of Milan and bla bla bla. It’s really only a matter of time before someone goes in for him but surely won’t want to pay that kind of agent fee for a “free” transfer

Tallis

Mino will just twist it to make it look like he was charging such a high fee to renew because the player was desperate to get out of Milan and bla bla bla. It’s really only a matter of time before someone goes in for him but surely won’t want to pay that kind of agent fee for a “free” transfer
I am sure he will find a club but don’t think anyone is paying what they want in wages or agent fee. Probably has to settle for a more reasonable fee and sign for a Tottenham while missing out on CL.

Last edited:

::sonny::

Will go to juve, raiola former agent of nedved, will bring also pogba there as a free agent

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
same thing happened with him at Real. I don’t see enough of him, but clubs seem to want an upgrade on him.
Clubs do, managers don't. Go figure :lol:

Don't believe it though, they just extended navas contract and the pandemic's still around, makes zero sense for them to spend big on a goalkeeper, they have actual holes they need to fix first...

Status
Not open for further replies.