Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Why’s he being so enthusiastic?

We really need to beat that out of him over the next couple of weeks. Bring him down to our level.

IAmAWinner

Only player who was decent today. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

mu4c_20le

Think he’s gonna make us realise that Pogba isn’t as good as many think he is. Might get shot down for that but that’s my gut feeling
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he looked better because he has a different style that suits the 8 role, like work rate for one. Still there is the hope that they can play well together.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Think he’s gonna make us realise that Pogba isn’t as good as many think he is. Might get shot down for that but that’s my gut feeling
Him & Pogba are playing different type of role. It's like saying De Gea will make us realise that Pogba isn't as good as many think he is. :houllier:

Last edited:

Tapori

Why’s he being so enthusiastic?

We really need to beat that out of him over the next couple of weeks. Bring him down to our level.
Give it time. He'll soon be passing back and sideways all the time and fecking it up regularly on blind plays upfront with no crosses and long balls. Just you wait.

Edy2

Bright start but that will dim once he has to train with this lot day in day out.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Bit of a stretch to say he was amazing, he scored off a lucky rebound but I don't understand the pessimism about him "going down to our level" either.

Looked good, tried things, need to see more, especially when we're not forced to attack a parked bus while being down 2 goals

SaboTaj

At least he showed some real urgency after coming on, something that was evidently lacking in every other player. None of the other outfield players seemed to be playing at his pace which was infuriating to watch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lovely first time finish from donny. The only bright spark in a frankly horrible day.

Zoo

Bit of a stretch to say he was amazing, he scored off a lucky rebound but I don't understand the pessimism about him "going down to our level" either.

Looked good, tried things, need to see more, especially when we're not forced to attack a parked bus while being down 2 goals
This. Donny will be fine

Bloedrood

Donny is always hungry, high energy, always moving inbetween lines and making runs, asking for the ball, doesn't matter how much space he has, he loves that shit. But the rest of the attack and midfield wasn't playing like that.

OleBoiii

He's not gonna start the next game, but he should. He and DDG were our only good players today.

Kearnkoff69

The only bright spot today. Not only did he take up good positions and get into dangerous areas, he also increased the level of urgency and sharpness in the team when he came on. He deserves more minutes next game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doubt it, Pogba is one of the most overrated players ever to don the red shirt but VDB is an average player.
I get you don't rate him, you've made that abundantly clear, but now he's here why don't you actually give him a chance?

Paul_Scholes18

Feels like our new players start well and get worse with time. Hope it is not the case with Van de Beek.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Bright start but that will dim once he has to train with this lot day in day out.
Haha this happens to them all. James came in like there was lightning in his butt. Taking on players, scoring goals, screaming passionately... after some time with the rest of the team, he's now the same level as the United influencers (JLingz and Pereira). Bruno, another who came in and galvanized the team... eventually his performances dropped once our "coaches" probably started giving him tips.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Stoked for him to get a goal on debut, can see him moving into the starting lineup very quickly.

He'sRaldo

He should have started given Pogba recently had COVID.

It makes no sense to blame the board for Ole's shortcomings, when there's Fred, Matic and him available and yet Ole still starts Pogba who (unsurprisingly) plays shite.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he will start against Luton? I expect him fred and Matić to play together.

was happy with what he showed. Ice cool finish for his goal, we rarely have that composure for a first time finish.

I like his link up around the box too, always quick snappy passes and little flicks.

Jaykespeare88

"I think against an opponent like Crystal Palace you need to speed up the game to create something. That was not good enough"
Loved this bit from his comments after the game, I like it, hopefully he can another cnut that can keep Bruno in check. First game is alway awkward asking for the ball, hopefully he demands it, looks like he know how to play football, more than our current lot, Ole et All included! Oh mainly the Glazers though!

Hoof the ball

I felt really sad watching him today. All his brilliant movement. He'd drop deep between two oppo. players to receive the ball only for Shaw or Maguire to play a square ball to someone else. He'd constantly move into pockets of space gesturing never to receive the pass. He'd make a run behind the defence but it's too much to expect a ball over the top isn't it? You can tell that he's used to playing in a team that has a lot of tactical structure. With us it's more or less just improv all the time.

He'sRaldo

I felt really sad watching him today. All his brilliant movement. He'd drop deep between two oppo. players to receive the ball only for Shaw or Maguire to play a square ball to someone else. He'd constantly move into pockets of space gesturing never to receive the pass. He'd make a run behind the defence but it's too much to expect a ball over the top isn't it? You can tell that he's used to playing in a team that has a lot of tactical structure. With us it's more or less just improv all the time.
This is essentially it, and soon enough he'll forget all he learned in Ajax and become one of us...

izec

that was clear beforehand. If we ignore him, he might as well not play. Baffling transfer, something needs to change in our coaching

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Started good when joining attack. There was a lot of movement near their penalty box, and we're more threatening.
Then somehow after scored a goal, he was moved deeper in line with DM. What a genius move.

He'sRaldo

Started good when joining attack. There was a lot of movement near their penalty box, and we're more threatening.
Then somehow after scored a goal, he was moved deeper in line with DM. What a genius move.
If that's not an accurate description of Ole's 4-2-3-1, then I don't know what is.

CG1010

Give it a bit of time though. He has just joined and with more time and training, other players will link up better with him. I am sure Bruno and he can form a good partnership.

chillooout

Studied the game while seating on the bench then played in perfectly. Guy deserves armband and manager seat being able to recognize the level of the team and game situation better than anyone in the club.

Red_toad

He's not gonna start the next game, but he should. He and DDG were our only good players today.
Not sure what Dave did to be ‘good’. 1 decent save?
Donny was a spark once he came on, I wonder how long it’ll be until he forces his inclusion into the team. No idea how Ole gets a great combination of what’s available to him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's sad because a lot of players we sign with excitement in the past 10 years that have looked great because they played in great systems. Except for Bruno - he was a great player in a shite system.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

It makes no sense to blame the board for Ole's shortcomings, when there's Fred, Matic and him available and yet Ole still starts Pogba who (unsurprisingly) plays shite.
Agreed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

This. Blame the board for not signing players but the defeat and team selection is on Ole.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Watching him in a red shirt really adds to the depression of signing him as we're going to be stuck with him for around a decade now. Unless we get our act together, which won't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.