5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Should just play him ahead of Matic, as he honestly can’t be any worse at holding the midfield. He’s no Bruno stand in for sure...

matys

I'm willing to give him another season, although he hasn't shown anything so far to have hopes of him making it here. I remember I had a similar feeling with Fred's first season, when I was scratching my head and thinking how the feck we'd paid almost £50m for this guy. Actually, I am doing it again after today's game, but that's not the point. He turned it around in his second season and became vital part of the team, so maybe it'll be the same with Donny.

Can we afford to sell him? We won't get much money for him and as this season shows we suffer from squad depth, so we would have to replace him in addition to upgrading on Matic/Fred/McT.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The amount of abuse I got when I said he'd be a terrible transfer.

Not only was it obvious that people hadn't watched him due to actually wanting him, but actually preferring him over Grealish!

Some are still trying to salvage this transfer by saying play him deeper. No. He's terrible everywhere and needs selling ASAP.

van Persie

Will go down as one of our worst signings to date. Knew it from the beginning. He's non existent and what the hell was the reason for this signing? Doesn't have a single quality that stands out. You don't sign a god damn back up for 35-40 million without fixing your starting XI first.

PS. Thought exactly the same at the time of his arrival

The Oracle

He's really stinking the place out.

The first time I noticed how negative his style of football is, was when we played away at Sheff Utd, and he had a great opportunity to play an easy enough ball in from the wing, into Rashford's path for him to have a 1 v 1 with the keeper, but Donny chose not to play the pass.

Today against Leicester, there were at least 2 occasions when he could have played the ball forward in a positive manner, that would no doubt would have lead to us creating a chance, but he chose not to.

To top it all off, he played a pass through to Martial who was up top on his own, and instead of busting a gut to support Martial as he ran towards goal, he chose not to... and that for me was the moment that I realised that he has no place at this football club.

snk123

Screams “average”. The hype and the support he has in the dutch camp is just amazing. Misplaces passes, can not run with the ball, has a negative football brain, can not spray the ball around, can not tackle.

The only thing he can do well is leave the ball for others

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Haven’t seen a player so low on confidence in our shirt. Hiding from the ball. Totally lost. Looks neat and tidy and things can change quickly but at this rate he could be gone in Summer.

SAFMUTD

Sell him this summer, we can take around 25M for him. Take the loss and move on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The amount of abuse I got when I said he'd be a terrible transfer.

Not only was it obvious that people hadn't watched him due to actually wanting him, but actually preferring him over Grealish!

Some are still trying to salvage this transfer by saying play him deeper. No. He's terrible everywhere and needs selling ASAP.
That didn't really happen, did it?

I confess to thinking it was a shrewd bit of business by the club at the time, and I still hold out hope for him to come good. But there's no getting away from the fact his recent performances (of which there haven't been many) have been anonymous. Playing with fear.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
My biggest problem with him is that he is so scared of the ball.Just fecking take the responsibility on the ball. He is just expecting everything to be in place for him. It just won't happen with us because we are still a work in progress.

Having said that, he has that intelligence and awareness. Ole won't get a successful player from him as he just don't like this pass and move concept. Strange, because the pass and move, decoy runs would have tested Leicester defence today.

It's kind of both that Ole is clueless on how to use him and he is in shit form now.

He'sRaldo

I remember another of our backups that was accused of only sideways and backwards passing...

In any case let's get it straight, he's obviously not an awful player and it will most likely take him leaving Utd to prove that.

Matriac

He's truly a great player, but at least for now he doesn't work in our team. He goes for the more cowardice and safe passes. I'd rather lose the ball 3 out of 4 attacks if it means we don't stop completely up allowing the oppo to reset their defense. Since everyone shuts up shop asap against us.

Been a big proponent of giving him time, and do hope next season will be big for him. But at the current moment I see little reason to even give him a full 45min.

Castia

My biggest problem with him is that he is so scared of the ball.Just fecking take the responsibility on the ball. He is just expecting everything to be in place for him. It just won't happen with us because we are still a work in progress.

Having said that, he has that intelligence and awareness. Ole won't get a successful player from him as he just don't like this pass and move concept. Strange, because the pass and move, decoy runs would have tested Leicester defence today.

It's kind of both that Ole is clueless on how to use him and he is in shit form now.
Well yeah but that’s due to the fact he’s started 2 league games out of a possible 30 his confidence and all round match sharpness is nowhere near what it should be.

He isn’t going to come in having played 60 minutes in the past month and run a game especially against a good side like Leicester away from home.

Matriac

Well yeah but that’s due to the fact he’s started 2 league games out of a possible 30 his confidence and all round match sharpness is nowhere near what it should be.

He isn’t going to come in having played 60 minutes in the past month and run a game especially against a good side like Leicester away from home.
He started 3 League Cup games, 4 FA Cup games, 3 CL games, and a series of other substitution games.

And then he's been injured when he definitely would have been given a longer run in the PL for the past month.

He has nothing to complain about. He has been given enough chances, and needs to deliver on promises soon.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That didn't really happen, did it?

I confess to thinking it was a shrewd bit of business by the club at the time, and I still hold out hope for him to come good. But there's no getting away from the fact his recent performances (of which there haven't been many) have been anonymous. Playing with fear.
Yes, people thought Grealish was overrated because "English player" whereas people tried to say Donny was better because he'd played in the CL. Even though many, many rubbish players have played in said competition; of which Donny is one.

As I said when we were first linked with him, he's terrible. I'd rather have signed no one than even sign him for free, nevermind for £40m.

Castia

He started 3 League Cup games, 4 FA Cup games, 3 CL games, and a series of other substitution games.

And then he's been injured when he definitely would have been given a longer run in the PL for the past month.

He has nothing to complain about. He has been given enough chances, and needs to deliver on promises soon.
Its usually one start then nothing for 2-3 weeks, he’s had no constant run of games what so ever. Even with your Increased games that’s 10 starts in what must be close to a possible 50 games it’s nowhere near enough.

And when he does play it’s usually with our other squad players, not exactly blowing teams away with our first 11 never mind the back up’s/kids.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People who watched him at Ajax say he’s really good. Very little evidence of that so far at Utd, even if he hasn’t been given a run of games to play himself in. His confidence looks absolutely shot. It brings me back to VdS asking us to take care of him or whatever last summer. I’m sure it wasn’t meant as anything other than affectionate but it sort of suggested a character who needed looking after.
I watched him at Ajax.I said he was terrible, and got a tonne of abuse. I'm not surprised by his showings here at all.

People thought I was insulting him by comparing him to Fellaini, Kagawa, Mkhi. If anything, I was insulting them, and I'm sorry for that.

AaronRedDevil

Wow, I’m just COMPLETELY wrong about this player. He didn’t even try to do anything. Every time he got the ball he quickly either passed it back or passed it across. Never tried to attack like what I saw from him a while ago. There was 3 attempts to pass the ball forward to make them clear on goal and he just turned and killed the counter attacks. This is simply not the right team for him. Definetly his worst performance so far. Just almost invisible. Feels like he’d settle well in a Barca team with the tiki taka.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I didn't know too much about this guy beyond the performances I saw in the UCL, although, those were far better than what he's showing now.

Is he just shite or has the lack of play time and lack of trust from Ole killed his confidence?

I remember he scored in his first league game and looked decent coming off the bench early on in the season. Then just never made a move up, instead he declined like my visa purchase at Selfridge's.

Scholes_boi

This player infuriates me. He seems to only be able to play one way - quick passing man to man, usually backwards. The player seems so afraid of the ball and never gets into a position of attacking intent. I watched it over and from the around 18th minute to the 36th - he didn't have a single touch of the ball! Invisible player that plays the complete opposite of our style.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In previous performances he's at least combined well with Fred at times with quick one-twos, but he even messed up that today.

Lingard is better. Andreas is a nothing player like VdB too. Can't believe we spent 40-50m on this man. Always passing it backward. And then subbed off before Fred (both were crap). He should probably just leave. I just wish we knew who wanted him and sanctioned this. Did Ole want him and now realizes he's crap?
Pereira was comfortably better last season when he played in the #10 role than VDB has been so far. Obviously he wasn't great or anything, but he was playing at a decent squad player level and both our performances and results were much better with him there than they were with our other options. It was only after he got moved deeper into central midfield in the second half of the season that he really became a nothing player and started putting out invisible performances like that.

CG1010

At the moment he can't do anything.. he doesn't show much on the ball, doesn't carry the ball, can't stop the opposition and isn't arsed to track back. Things can only improve from here!

Siezard

Clever play by him allowing the ball to move to Mason for him to score. Genius!

jeepers

System player. Our system doesn’t fit him because we don’t have a system. He doesn’t fit in a counter attacking team.

Who the feck signed him? Is Blind still playing at Ajax? I’ll take that gorgeous feck back in a heartbeat as a stop-gap for Matic.

CG1010

System player. Our system doesn’t fit him because we don’t have a system. He doesn’t fit in a counter attacking team.

Who the feck signed him? Is Blind still playing at Ajax? I’ll take that gorgeous feck back in a heartbeat as a stop-gap for Matic.
Agreed. If he has a future at the club then he has to learn to play deeper as he is simply not good enough to occupy the #10 position. For that he needs to get out of his shell and start passing more expansively and massively improve his work rate and defensive actions.

Stacks

He's truly a great player, but at least for now he doesn't work in our team. He goes for the more cowardice and safe passes. I'd rather lose the ball 3 out of 4 attacks if it means we don't stop completely up allowing the oppo to reset their defense. Since everyone shuts up shop asap against us.

Been a big proponent of giving him time, and do hope next season will be big for him. But at the current moment I see little reason to even give him a full 45min.
he really isn't. very little about his playing ability stands out as great but I know he is better than his current showing

Putting all banter aside

People who watched him at Ajax say he’s really good. Very little evidence of that so far at Utd, even if he hasn’t been given a run of games to play himself in. His confidence looks absolutely shot. It brings me back to VdS asking us to take care of him or whatever last summer. I’m sure it wasn’t meant as anything other than affectionate but it sort of suggested a character who needed looking after.
That VdS ad asking MU to take care of their little boy is in hindsight one of the most hilarious things I've read, if I weren't happen to be a United fan. If you reread that preposterous post of VdS now full of superlatives, we'd thought we were getting a new Van Persie in, and now we've got a player that seems like Schneiderlin on Prozac.

Devil81

I still believe there is a player in there but we are never going to see him at United, the main reason being he's a nervous wreck.

He knows he hasn't got the managers trust and he's maybe over cautious whenever he gets the ball.

I'd be happy to keep him for another season because I think there could be a chance another manager could get the best out of him.

Andersons Dietician

Started off brightly and I was thinking we might see the real VDB show up but from the moment he didn’t give that ball back to Fred and instead passed it back to a defender he just became a non entity. Best thing he did in the game was when he didn’t even touch the ball.

I do think he’s a square peg in a round hole and would think somewhere like City or Barca we’d all be fawning over him but feck me, surely even if the team is terrible and doesn’t suit you at all you should be doing better than this.

There was actually another good pass to Martial but it was more that it was instant.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Liverpool bought Robbie Keane in the summer of 2008 and sold him back to Spurs in February 2009, after 6 months of crappy displays. I laughted at the time, but in hindsight it was the correct decision. If it doesn't work at all, cut your losses and move on.

We should do the same.

IncyWincySpider

He doesn't fit into the team under the present favoured formation but if that changes I think he could become a key player for us. If we are going to keep playing the same system next season (I hope not) then he might as well be sold in the summer. Hopefully Ole has a longer term plan for him otherwise the whole episode is inexplicable.

Eddy_JukeZ

He needs to be sold in the summer.

A complete nothing player. Worse than Kagawa and Mkhi.

We should have saved 40 mil and gone for Grealish if possible last year.

Hughes35

He is dreadful. I don't see anything in him at all.

I'd be utterly amazed if he turns it around and becomes anything better than bang average.

Slysi17

I am not excusing his performances but the players are behind him are absolute garbage execpt for Shaw. That doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.