Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
what’s the guy got to do to get a start? I get wanting to go strong but sheesh.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully we’re negotiating with Ajax behind the scenes. About £15m should do it for his return.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why are people surprised he's not starting? There was time for experimenting.

His season is over.
It's 2-0 on aggregate, it's hardly experimental for him to start over say Bruno.

Adam-Utd

Why are people surprised he's not starting? There was time for experimenting.

His season is over.
if we can’t trust him to start against grenada when 2-0 up at home he might as well not be here.

TheGame

I like VDB but let’s be honest he’s been shit since the Palace game. I’d be shocked if Ole did trust him.
He plays here and there, hardly a chance to make an impact. If he can’t start in games like these, he needs to leave for a club who values him as currently the management don’t give a shit.

Matriac

It's 2-0 on aggregate, it's hardly experimental for him to start over say Bruno.
We only need to go 1 goal down to make it competitive and nervy again. We just need to kill the game first. Bruno will go off in the 2nd half. VdB will get time either in place of Bruno or Matic/Fred.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He gets put on when we need a goal but not to start a match.

Very confusing.

CM

I don't think van de Beek can have too many complaints about being on the bench for most of the season but tonight takes the biscuit a bit. Bruno hasn't even played that well last couple of games, he could probably use the rest.

Andersons Dietician

Shocked he’s not starting. Hopefully bang in a couple of early goals so Ole makes some subs and we maybe get to see a bit more.

Infra-red

Needs to be sold in the summer and replaced with a decent understudy for Fernandes. Otherwise we're going to run our best player into the ground.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We only need to go 1 goal down to make it competitive and nervy again. We just need to kill the game first. Bruno will go off in the 2nd half. VdB will get time either in place of Bruno or Matic/Fred.
Over caution, the difference between Bruno and VDB will more than likely not lead to us conceding a goal at the other end. Ole does stuff in Europe I can disagreewith.

Castia

Best to part ways in the summer isn’t it. Clearly not an Ole signing this he's had no intention from the first game until now of giving him a proper chance.

Eugenius

I like VDB but let’s be honest he’s been shit since the Palace game. I’d be shocked if Ole did trust him.
Yeah he's certainly not shown anything special. But surely 2-0 up against Granada is the type of game we thought he'd be good enough to come in and do decently enough.

Okey

I'm as baffled as many are. If he can't start this game then he might as well just leave. Can't see how it changes next season. Especially if Pogba stays.

OmarUnited4ever

I get why people are complaining that he isn't getting enough starts, but I remember his performances against Liecester in the FA cup, it reinforced my opinion about him, he is yet to adapt to our playing style, one thing he does all the time is not attack when in transition (we play fast transition to create a chance against an opponent who is playing high up and lost possession of the ball) he plays way too safe and recycles possession rather than taking the forward pass or carry the ball forward option.

If DvB wants to succeed here, he must adapt and change the way he plays, otherwise he is not better than Andreas Pereira.

Adam-Utd

absolute rubbish.

this is a CL semi finalist and an international player, not a 17 year old from the academy.

If we can’t hold a 2-0 lead against Grenada then how do we go about calling ourselves a big team? we should be steam rollering them.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve said stay calm until very recently but I really dislike that ole would continue to run an out of form Bruno into the ground when we have a 2 goal lead going into a home game against a very average team. Give him a rest he might start up the crazy scoring again. It’s not like VDB is Amad. He cost 35 million, is 23 and he has played deep into the CL knockout stages not so long ago.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
40m in COVID market is like 60-70m in normal market I guess.
So he is expensive flop!

Matriac

absolute rubbish.

this is a CL semi finalist and an international player, not a 17 year old from the academy.

If we can’t hold a 2-0 lead against Grenada then how do we go about calling ourselves a big team? we should be steam rollering them.
Yeah he was with Ajax. And how has he done when playing for us? Not so great. He hasn't been able to adapt in training to play the way we play.

BUT, he has looked decent as an impact-sub the last games he's come on. His movement off the ball creating space has been great.

He will get time today, probably similar in the next PL games, and he's looking like he'll be more involved next season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
All this he's not shown anything special talk is ridiculous. What do you expect of a guy who has played 40 plus minutes 3 times all season. He has not been given a chance which is so fecking weird cause we bought him!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why start him if Bruno doesn't need a rest though?
if we can’t trust him to start against grenada when 2-0 up at home he might as well not be here.
That is my understanding as well, and I think it's very likely he won't be here next season.

I like him, I think he could be a decent midfielder. But I don't think there is any evidence at all that Ole rates him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why start him if Bruno doesn't need a rest though?
Bruno looks pretty knackered, and I wouldn't trust anything Ole says about knowing his players fitness - he rushed Pogba back early in the Carabao Cup last season which led to a long term injury and has played Rashford into the ground. Moreover it's a good opportunity to integrate VDB into a more familiar side, rather than a mish/mash second string game where he can't build any chemistry with his first team peers.

In any case we just have to wait and see with VDB. I'm not of the opinion that he's going to be flogged off, he was always a signing for next season, not this season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bruno looks pretty knackered, and I wouldn't trust anything Ole says about knowing his players fitness - he rushed Pogba back early in the Carabao Cup last season which led to a long term injury and has played Rashford into the ground. Moreover it's a good opportunity to integrate VDB into a more familiar side, rather than a mish/mash second string game where he can't build any chemistry with his first team peers.

In any case we just have to wait and see with VDB. I'm not of the opinion that he's going to be flogged off, he was always a signing for next season, not this season.
There were many opportunities to integrate van de Beek. Ole never took it seriously. Personally I think it was a mistake, but surely now is too late to experiment.

Shark

@NotShark
That would be all well and good if he got a fair amount of experience playing in the PL and with the first team. He's hardly going to magically perform next season without anything to build from this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.