Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
An expensive mistake. I’m not going to give the lad any shit. It’s not his fault. You have to wonder why we blew such a huge amount of our transfer budget on him though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's mastered Cleverley's signature move. Extend your arms out whilst asking for the ball like you're going to do something with it, and then do nothing with it.

I still can't believe we bought him. It was obvious at Ajax he was rubbish.
Cleverley was much better player for us than VDB will ever be by the looks of it.

I can't believe how shite he is.

drmuji

Where did I hear all these hate comments before. Ohhh yeah, Fred... for two years. And now, where is he. First name on team sheet

So trust the process. If Ole believes in him, I also believe in him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Where did I hear all these hate comments before. Ohhh yeah, Fred... for two years. And now, where is he. First name on team sheet

So trust the process. If Ole believes in him, I also believe in him
Im fine with that but Fred's poor performances were under Jose werent they? A different manager and got better under Ole.

VDB is struggling under Ole.

Shark

@NotShark
We'll give him another season atleast.
What's the use in that? It'd be different if he's shown even a slight bit of promise or was far younger. He's not going to just flick a switch there has to be some progress involved.

kirk buttercup

Casper the friendly Dutch Ghost tonight

Hasnt set the world on fire since he got here , But Hopefully next season sees him Start to find his feet.

OmarUnited4ever

He was terrible, twice he attempted to sheild the ball from Ndidi the best tackling DM in the league and twice he dropped on his ass asking for a foul, very weak and no imagination in his passing, he didn't even spread the ball to the FBs to stretch the game he just played cute short passes that did nothing. I am quite disappointed with his performance in the game that had 0 pressure to win, didn't show courage or vision, didn't get stuck in enough as well since he was played as one of the double pivot. The only good thing he did was couple of key interceptions in the box.

Bobski

People keep saying run of games but every fringe player has to make an impact in the limited mins they do play to earn more. The only reason he has played as much as he has is the transfer fee, a youngster offering the same level would have been demoted back to the reserves for the year after a month.

Sylar

He looks like a cheaper alternative to a player Ole really wanted, but was thrust onto him by a board member who thought he would be adequate for the way we play.

DomM

One of the most consistent players we have, reliably innocuous whenever he plays.

He seems to offer nothing whichever position he plays, I don't see the point of him and certainly not keeping him for another season, Garner would bring more to the team than VDB.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Utterly pointless player. I can tolerate players who blow hot and cold, at least they are capable moments of brilliance and magic. This guy however is just bland, boring, dull, tedious, you name it. Everything a Manchester fecking United player shouldn't be. A complete waste of time.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I didn’t think he did too badly. :nervous: Less good in the second half, but I thought he did okay given the context of the match.

Bebestation

He looks like a cheaper alternative to a player Ole really wanted, but was thrust onto him by a board member who thought he would be adequate for the way we play.
'
This is what i'm starting to see.

I think Ole wanted Telles, Grealish and Sancho last year.

Board said no to Grealish to focus on Sancho and board instead got him VDB.

Sancho deal then fell through for being too heavy.

Red Royal

Thought he was just about ok in 1st half but 2nd half was anonymous.

Wonder if Ajax will give us half of what we paid for him

RUCK4444

Utterly pointless player. I can tolerate players who blow hot and cold, at least they are capable moments of brilliance and magic. This guy however is just bland, boring, dull, tedious, you name it. Everything a Manchester fecking United player shouldn't be. A complete waste of time.
I struggle to disagree with any of that.

Such a nothing performance again. Trying to roll players and getting bullied, negative passing, running through treacle, just so bland.

Marwood

Assuming we're signing a couple of new players in the summer how does he get a kick next season?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I found his movement, which is regarded as one of his more stronger attributes , to be hugely underwhelming tonight.
Didn't make himself open for the pass at all when he went central.

Also so much for all that 'silent domination' bollocks a few weeks back. :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't think hes good enough, but he was playing CM with Mata today. You can't expect him to have an impact.

slored1

'
This is what i'm starting to see.

I think Ole wanted Telles, Grealish and Sancho last year.

Board said no to Grealish to focus on Sancho and board instead got him VDB.

Sancho deal then fell through for being too heavy.
He wanted Reguilon, Sancho and Grealish I think. He got a btec version of Davy Klassen, the Sergio Romero of fullbacks and an 18 year old kid. Genuinely a dreadful transfer window bar Cavani and the jury is still out on Pellistri + Amad.

Reiver

We don't usually get to see that much of him. Usually when I do, I think he's looked tidy and deserves more game time. I'm not left thinking any of that tonight although he was played out of position. Looked like a player that almost never plays 90 minutes.

Dec9003

:lol: Mr Positivity eh?
Goodness me I'm being followed. If you can't accept me disagreeing with you just put me on ignore, don't let me get under your skin when we're talking about football please.

Ole90+3

Goodness me I'm being followed. If you can't accept me disagreeing with you just put me on ignore, don't let me get under your skin when we're talking about football please.
Oh please. I'm just having a laugh. However your comments in the post match thread make more sense now seeing that you think VDB had a decent game :)

Pickle85

Utterly gutless player. Does a lot of hiding and when he's not hiding he's playing pointless one twos sideways and backwards. Part of me feels sorry for him as he genuinely looks out of place. I know the OT fans are unlikely to get on his back but I do wonder whether having fans back in stadia will make him shrink even more.

drmuji

Im fine with that but Fred's poor performances were under Jose werent they? A different manager and got better under Ole.

VDB is struggling under Ole.
If Ole bought him then Ole knows what he wants from him. A lot of players find it really hard to adjust to PL. Kai Havetz, Timo Werner.. They are good players. Just couldn't adjust to PL.
Who else comes to mind. Ummmm. Thomas Partey. He has been average, hasn't he?

Bebestation

He wanted Reguilon, Sancho and Grealish I think. He got a btec version of Davy Klassen, the Sergio Romero of fullbacks and an 18 year old kid. Genuinely a dreadful transfer window bar Cavani and the jury is still out on Pellistri + Amad.
Im not sure because Ole seems someone who values a bit of experience like how we were apparently going in for Trippier to compete with Wan Bissaka. Telles was everything Shaw was not before this change this season ( ie going forward and crosses), so i can see him with interest in telles.

I've also been wondering now for a long time - why does VDB get played at LW? It simply doesn't make sense - I wonder if he is showing the board that he isnt as capable as Grealish is?

I mean Grealish is CM, CAM , LM; playing the three positions VDB has had a chance in.

I want VDB to do well here but its no point if Ole doesn't see his uses.

redshaw

He was very bright, forward passing, great with one touch possession earlier this season. Perhaps his best game was against Leipzig in the 5-0 win at home, he really helped us overcome the press they tried. Changed the game favorably at Newcastle away. He had some other good games as well. He was playing like he did for Ajax and was able to fit himself in when coming on or starting. It's really disappointing to see him fade away and probably lose a sense of what to do, that's been happening when coming on with the first team. It's a shame we can't utilize him and bring on a quality midfielder, it's Fred and McTom or bust and both of those are average but the best we have.

Ole90+3

Im not sure because Ole seems someone who values a bit of experience like how we were apparently going in for Trippier to compete with Wan Bissaka. Telles was everything Shaw was not before this change this season ( ie going forward and crosses), so i can see him with interest in telles.

I've also been wondering now for a long time - why does VDB get played at LW? It simply doesn't make sense - I wonder if he is showing the board that he isnt as capable as Grealish is?

I mean Grealish is CM, CAM , LM; playing the three positions VDB has had a chance in.

I want VDB to do well here but its no point if Ole doesn't see his uses.
What are his uses?

Dec9003

Oh please. I'm just having a laugh. However your comments in the post match thread make more sense now seeing that you think VDB had a decent game :)
You're looking up my posts to try to have a go, if you're going to get upset by my posts please put me on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.