Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I get that but then why do so many footballers talk about being ‘match fit’? Big difference between doing all the fitness and training work and then going into a game. Not saying that’s what VdB did but I think it’s rational to think it’s a factor.
It's just a buzzword for being "used to game momentum". The pace and stress of a full 90 minutes is different to the gradual increase in training intensity. It's why players who are coming back from injury play 30 minutes or 45 minutes instead of a full 90 minute, to acclimate them. That being said, injuries can happen for any reason at any time. Even bending over to tie a shoelace can injure a hamstring if you're unlucky enough

TrustInOle

Gutted for the lad, but atleast he can prepare himself correctly now without rushing anything to sustain his injury. Hopefully a rest and a fresh season will be exactly what he needs, especially with Manchester opening back up now.

Diabovermelho

So VDB, Rashford, Greenwood, Lindelof... How many of our players have been playing injured? What are our medical department doing? It can't be normal right?

FatTails

So VDB, Rashford, Greenwood, Lindelof... How many of our players have been playing injured? What are our medical department doing? It can't be normal right?
Sounds like they’re doing miracles, to be fair. We must have some solid painkillers at OT. I can barely go up a flight of stairs when I have a slight injury, meanwhile our players are all falling apart and still playing!

lex talionis

Gutted for the lad.

I’m an Ole guy and the results (second in both the PL and EL is more than we expected) are more important than the treatment of any one player, but if I’m an Ajax player today there’s no fukking way I’ll agree to a move to Old Trafford under Ole. Donny started well for us and then he went into witness protection, getting only garbage time minutes.

Pogba was out for a while with injury, which Ole should have responded to by giving Donny a run of a few starts, but instead he persisted with McFred and even Dan James.

Tallis

It was probably caused by that leg breaking tackle in the wolves games that led to the penalty. And some people were saying that it wasn’t a penalty.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Gutted for the lad, but atleast he can prepare himself correctly now without rushing anything to sustain his injury. Hopefully a rest and a fresh season will be exactly what he needs, especially with Manchester opening back up now.
Prepare himself for what? Another season on the bench? Poor lad, bet he wishes he never came here.

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
Sorry for him and to say, but maybe its exactly what he needs. Hope he shines next season.

lex talionis

Prepare himself for what? Another season on the bench? Poor lad, bet he wishes he never came here.
The man I feel we really let down most was Edwin Van der Sar. He asked Ole to look after Donny.

Right or wrong is irrelevant. Ole wasted a year of Donny's life and career and 35m that could have been spent on a player Ole could find a use for. If it's true we spent 18m on Diallo that's 53m right there and for another 15-20m on top of that we could have had prime Grealish.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
There's too much pressure at United to win every game.

It is no longer a good place to develop young talent. Ole does not nurture young talent well. He, like all managers since Fergie, are only concerned with keeping their job.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Would rather sell him this summer and give more game time to Hannibal.

gajender

There's too much pressure at United to win every game.

It is no longer a good place to develop young talent. Ole does not nurture young talent well. He, like all managers since Fergie, are only concerned with keeping their job.
You can't be serious if anything despite some of very vocal minority on here our fanbase seem to be highly passive when it comes to results we are infact quite indifferent towards negative results instead we are mostly looking for positives making excuses for managers and players alike.

You just have to look at players like Lindelof and Fred who were absolutely bobbins when they came here and just because they are playing at respectable level now they are deemed success and then they are likes of Bailly , Jones who are perennially injured but still are rewarded with new Contracts. List goes on and on we as fans it seems doesn't demand success from our Club atall and it shows.

krentz

All the medical and fitness staff at this club need to be sacked.

Trequarista10

I always felt Fletcher was finally coming into his own when his prolonged stomach issues destroyed his career. But to each their own.
Correct. His performance levels hit new heights but this is often overlooked. For a few years he was a trier but rightly received criticism, then for 18 months everything clicked and he was legitimately top class. He would have been coming into his peak then and if he had sustained that level he would rightly have been acknowledged as a top tier midfielder. He then went off the boil again and started receiving criticism, but it was only revealed about a year after that he had been playing throughout illness during that time. Annoyingly this has damaged perceptions of him, and I've seen a few people even suggest his excellent form was a mere purple patch which is nonsense.

padzilla

Hipster
As disappointing as his time here has been, I get the feeling he would prosper more if Pogba left, he's basically back up for the positions Pogba and Bruno occupy and anytime he's played it's been alongside the clown show that is Fred, someone so shite that it's seen as progress when he doesn't make calamitous blunders week in, week out.
Anyway, DVB's situation reminds me of Kagawa a decent player but of a quiet nature who might not prosper without the coaching team putting their faith in them.
It's clear Ole doesn't rate most of the squad he has though, the decision to make no subs until the dying moments of the Europa League final being an example.

Raveneye

Correct. His performance levels hit new heights but this is often overlooked. For a few years he was a trier but rightly received criticism, then for 18 months everything clicked and he was legitimately top class. He would have been coming into his peak then and if he had sustained that level he would rightly have been acknowledged as a top tier midfielder. He then went off the boil again and started receiving criticism, but it was only revealed about a year after that he had been playing throughout illness during that time. Annoyingly this has damaged perceptions of him, and I've seen a few people even suggest his excellent form was a mere purple patch which is nonsense.
Some people try to tough it out and receive criticism for underperformance when even their injured self is the best option the team has at the moment. Some people like Ole win a Champions League final then spend years out injured and everyone is okay with it.

Tony247

Is he linked with Barca? I think both would be a good match. His playing style suits Barca.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Is he linked with Barca? I think both would be a good match. His playing style suits Barca.
he'd fit nicely there. The de Jong - van de Beek combo is a nice one. But i'd rather have them both here.

Status
Not open for further replies.